Marry Me

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Forever can never be long enough for me,

To feel like I have long enough with you,

Forget the world now we won’t let them see,

But there’s one thing left to do,”

 

I was about to enter the restaurant when I heard someone singing from inside. It was my favorite song that was being sung; I immediately made my way inside to find HIM singing in front of a girl.

 

He was holding a guitar, singing with a sweet smile, and his gaze fixed upon a certain girl. The girl was smiling blissfully as if she was the happiest girl ever alive.

 

Tears that were formed in my eyes quickly fell on my cheeks. Is this how you feel your heart being torn into pieces? I realized that there was no one but them inside the restaurant.

 

“Ma’am, we’re sorry but the restaurant was rented,” an employee approached me as soon as they recognized my presence.

 

I harshly wiped my tears and faked a smile, “Is that so? I… I’m sorry… I’ll be going then…” with that, I looked up and shared the last glance with him.

 

***

 

“Marry me,

Today and every day,

Marry me,

If I ever had the nerve to say ‘hello’ in this café,

Say you will,”

 

As soon as I finished my rehearsal of the song, I stopped strumming the guitar. “What do you think?” I asked my best friend, who was watching me sing.

 

“Awesome, buddy!” she marveled. “She’ll love it! That’s better than my boyfriend’s surprise!” she squealed.

 

But something caught my eye, not something… but someone. She was talking to my co-worker in the restaurant with a forced smile. I quickly became worried, does she have any problem? Why can I sense that she’s sad?

 

She about to turn on her back but before she did, she glanced at me with sad eyes. I stared back at her but she already her back and left.

 

I quickly stood up and tried to chase her but she already left.

 

***

 

Yesterday seemed to be my most heartbreaking moment. He was confessing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter