Longing

APink Oneshot Collection

Story requested by lilucaga

Pairing: Chomi

A/N: I'm so sorry OT6 will only be playing a very very very minor role here! ><


 

Longing; a strong persistent yearning or desire, especially one that cannot be fulfilled.

"Bomi, what are you doing?" Chorong called, approaching her best friend who was sitting on the swing. The swing was their favourite spot in school, it was where they spent several memorable moments together.

"Drawing." Bomi gave a simple reply, keeping her concentration on her drawing. It was a drawing of two girls sitting together side by side on a swing, with their hands intertwined. It was an unelaborate drawing, yet it radiated a sense of happiness and anyone who saw it would be able to tell the close bond between the two girls.

Chorong smiled as she looked at the picture. It was actually Bomi's hobby to sketch out the memories the two had shared together. As she loved to say, "We'd have something to look at when we reminisce our times together next time."

 

***

"Class, I need you to form groups of four for this project," the teacher announced. With that, the class broke into chaos in an instant, buzzing around and shooting signals across the classroom.

"Hey Bomi, want to group together? Me, You, Naeun and Chorong." Her classmate, Eunji, suggested. Bomi and Chorong were together so often they could be considered as a package, and everyone knew that taking in one for their project group would mean taking in the other as well.

"Sure," Bomi replied, beaming. There was nothing she would not agree to as long as Chorong went with her.

***

The door bell rang and Bomi's mother went to answer it. Appearing outside the door was Chorong, dressed casually in her home clothes. 

"Hello Auntie!" Chorong greeted with a bow, a wide smile plastered on her face. Mrs Yoon opened the door for her immediately. She was not the least surprised, for the girl did not live that far away and she would come by quite often.

"Hello my dear," Mrs Yoon replied, opening her arms for the child to run into. Having been friends with Bomi for a long time, Chorong had always been treated by Mrs Yoon very well, as dearly as her own. Chorong's presence never failed to brighten up the atmosphere in the house, and the livelihood within the house served as a notification to Bomi that her best friend had come.

"Rong, you're here!" The moment Chorong was released from an embrace, she felt another's body crash against her, and she was engulfed in another hug. She smiled; it was moments like these that made her feel really loved.

***

"Wh-What?" Bomi's jaw dropped, her phone slipping out of her hand and dropping on to the floor. She fumbled around for her valuables, slipped on a random pair of shoes and ran out of the house, almost stumbling halfway. Standing by the road, she flailed her arms frantically in an attempt to flag a taxi, but only ended up meeting with disappointment as the taxis drove past her one after another. Desperate to get to her destination, she started running in the general direction. Her mind was blank; all she wanted to do was to get there quick.

***

The two best friends were once again seating on the swing, hands entwined with each others. The atmosphere was still and the surroundings were quiet, the both of them just enjoying each other's presence. Their precious and sweet moment was, however, interrupted by the bell that signalled the end of recess.

"It's fun whenever I spend time with you, Chorong," the other girl stated, tightening the grip of her hand. Pulling her best friend along, Bomi headed back to class. "Let's go back, we'll enjoy ourselves more later."

From the side, a cleaner furrowed her eyebrows as she watched. Confused, she mumbled to herself, "Why's that girl talking to herself?"

***

"Class, this is pairwork and I want it to be handed in by the end of this lesson."

"Hey.. Want to do together with Namjoo and me?" Hayoung asked, approaching Bomi. To that question, Bomi turned around and gave an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, I'm doing with Chorong."

Hayoung could not help but an eyebrow upon Bomi's response. "Er... Alright."

For that lesson, everyone was doing their work in pairs except for one student.

***

"Chorong, you came!" A shout from her daughter was heard. Mrs Yoon watched as her daughter came out from her room and walked towards the door, only to stop halfway. Her arms formed a circle, as if she was embracing someone. Mrs Yoon sighed, her daughter was acting up again.

 


A/N: I apologise again for not meeting the OT6 pairing, but I really wanted to try this out for this time's ChoMi fic since my previous ones were all the happy ones! >< I hope you guys like it, and feel free to drop me a comment on how to improve :3 

btw, I'm sorry but I don't do lol ><

@soshiace9 I'm glad you liked it!~ I can as well, heh >< no problem, thanks for requesting!

@lilucaga yep hehe I really love their bond :)

@akumatsubasa thanks for reading! I see you at so many of my fics *touched*

@jetiunique glad you liked it :) I'm sure such bond exist irl as well :3