Blood

Ragnarök

ung Taekwoon and N had made it to the central courtyard. Luckily, the last gate panel was functional so his wounded companion didn't have to maneuver over any more walls. The tan man hadn't thrown up any more blood, but Taekwoon was still on red alert over his condition.

Being the first to the courtyard, he personally sent word on the radio that they were there and did a sweep of the area for any zombies. When he had found none, he helped N over to a broken fountain to rest. N sat on the crumbling bench that surrounded it and looked up at Taekwoon with those big, beautiful eyes of his. All he saw in those soulful orbs were fear and sorrow. so scared, so sad.

Sitting beside him, he pulled N against his chest. The other man kept shivering, even though it wasn't cold out in the sunlight of the courtyard. Rubbing N's arms vigorously, Taekwoon tried to warm up his slowly cooling skin. Cursing himself, he began wishing he had packed a spare shirt.

N leaned against him and closed his eyes. Taekwoon was at a loss of what to do besides hold the beautiful object of his affection. Holding his as tight as he could without hurtingf him, he rained soft kisses on his head and shoulders. The others needed to hurry because N needed medical attention as soon as possible.

~~~

Taekwoon was too kind to him, in his opinion. N didn't deserve it. Honestly, a part of N was grateful they probably wouldn't make it back to the base in time to save him. He was scum and deserved this fate. Especially more than his dead friends had.

"Give me paper and a pen." N finally whispered, sitting up to look Taekwoon in the eyes. "Please."

"What do you need it for?" Taekwoon questioned as he grabbed out the supplies N had asked for. N doesn't answer so he just took them and starts to write. Making 3 complete lists of codes and their corresponding doors inside the lab, one for each team, he insured their success in case he didn't make it in with them. N folded them neatly around the lab ID key cards he had taken.

"Open this in case you have to go without me into the lab." N handed the paper and cards to Taekwoon, smiling a little. "Don't worry. I'm not planning to die or anything. It's just a better safe than sorry thing."

"Okay..." Taekwoon put them in his bag and sighed. N didn't want him to worry, so he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's neck and kissed him with all the strength he could muster.

He wasn't sure how many more moments like this he would have with the other and wanted to savor it. But then he felt a sharp pain in his abdomen and turned away just in time to throw up blood in the cracked bottom of the fountain.

~~~

Lee Hongbin and his boyfriend were halfway down the path to the courtyard when they got the call from Taekwoon saying he and N had arrived at the meeting spot. They started walking faster, figuring the quicker everyone made it to the designated area the sooner they could get to the cure. More so, the less Hongbin had to worry about dying or changing.

When they reached the gate it was broken and swung right open without a password. Exiting into the courtyard, they were just in time to see N vomit. Hongbin watched in horror as Taekwoon made N turn to face him. Blood. Blood dripped down N's chin and tears were beginning to roll down his tan cheeks. He was holding his stomach, curling in on himself slightly.

He wanted to know what had happened, but at the same time, he wanted to punch him in the face. His emotions were so conflicted his head almost felt dizzy from it.

Hyuk was rushing over to check on N, though. Apparently the fact that their supposed friend had a part in Ragnarök didn't bother Hongbin's lover as much as it did himself. With a deep breath, Hongbin slowly followed after him.

~~~

Han Sanghyuk felt like his nerves were on fire. N was vomiting blood? The two hadn't even informed the team that N had been injured. Yet, there he was, wrapped in bandages and disturbingly pale, especially for N.

Reaching N and Taekwoon, he took a rag from his bag, wiping away the blood from N's mouth. Taekwoon was shirtless like N but didn't show any sign of injury. Hyuk figured he must have sacrificed his shirt to clean, the other's wounds.

"What happened?" He questioned and Taekwoon held N against him protectively. He could tell the usually emotionally closed man was fighting back a breakdown over seeing N this way. N just threw up in the fountain again.

"I tried to save Yoonchul..." N answered as he pressedbhis forehead against Taekwoon's chest, his eyes closed. "The dogs might gave gotten a few bites in before I got all of them. I'll be fine by the time Wonshik's team gets here." Hyuk wasn't so sure and he could tell Taekwoon wasn't either. Especially when N turned to violently expell more blood from his stomach.

~~~

Lee Jaehwan brought Hakyeon's journal down the stairs to show the others. As he walked past the kitchen, hands grabbed him. He almost screamed until he noticed those hands belonged to Daehwan.

"Holy crap! I almost peed myself!" Jaehwan clutched his chest, trying to get his heart to stop racing. "Who sneaks up on a person?! Especially in Ragnarök ground zero?!"

"Sorry." Daehwan blushed a little and then bit his lip nervously. "Jaehwan... About the kiss..."

"Don't worry about it." He smiled, not wanting his friend to be stressed about something as silly as a kiss in an emotional moment.

"No, Jae... I just..." Daehwan took a deep breath and suddenly it was Jaehwan's turn to feel concerned. "Jaehwan, I am in love with you."

"Daehwan..." Jaehwan didn't know what to say. He didn't want to hurt his best friend's feelings and this was the last place a mind should be clouded with matters like unrequited love.

"Hey guys. Everyone is at the meeting zone and Sanghyuk says Taekwoon is insisting we hurry." Wonshik came out of the library, swinging his pack onto his shoulder. Jaehwan had never been more relieved to have to continue a mission in his entire life.

~~~

Daehwan was holding onto Jaehwan's wrist when Kim Wonshik walked into the hallway. Trying to ignore it, he infirmed them of what Hyuk had sent across the radio. Jaehwan pulled away from Daehwan and Wonshik managed to calm down a little.

"Wonshik! I found Hakyeon's diary!" Jaehwan ran over and hugged him in excitement. Wonshik smiled and wrapped his arms around the other man, embracing him tightly.

"That's great. I found some helpful files on Ragnarök. We can review them with the others." He discontinued the hug and got his gun ready. "Hakyeon says the exit to the courtyard is on the side wall."

They got their gear ready and left Hakyeon's house. Wonshik's ears caught a peculiar echo of crows cawing as they got halfway across the yard. He above as the sun became blocked out by a dark cloud. No, not a cloud but instead, large black birds. How had Wonshik not noticed something off with them when they started gathering earlier? Gauging the distance between the front door of the house and the garden gate, he mind worked overtime to make a decision before disaster could rain upon them.