Rendezvous

Ragnarök

"Seriously, Sanghyuk?!" Lee Hongbin took the box and opened it. Hoping Hyuk was pulling some kind of ill-timed joke, he punched the younger's shoulder. Nobody wanted to remember their engagement as the day their friends died. But then again... If Hongbin didn't make it through this... He wanted to at least be engaged to the love of his life.

"So that's a no?" Hyuk pouted and reached for the ring box. Smacking at his hand, Hongbin slipping the ring onto his finger.

"No. I want it. Yes. I'll marry you." Smiling, he kissed his lover. "But if I accidentally lose it before we make it back to the training facility you have to buy me a bigger one."

"Deal." Hyuk laughed and shook his head. "Well, I guess it's official. You are no longer my boyfriend. You're my fiancee."

"Don't be cheesy." Hongbin rolled his eyes, admiring his ring. It really was pretty. The diamond was big and bright and shaped like a heart and the silver band was like a feather wrapping around his finger. "I hate you."

"I know." Hyuk grinned and kissed his cheek gently. Hongbin loved Hyuk so much. Even in such a terrible time, only Hyuk could help lift his spirits.

~~~

Han Sanghyuk was happy to see Hongbin smile again. Once their mission was a success and they had returned with the cure, they'd have some clean up and distribution missions but then they'd be free to live normal, happy lives. He'd be free to marry Hongbin and Taekwoon and Hakyeon could do whatever Taekwoon was planning for their future because they all knew Hakywon would follow him anywhere. And Jaehwan and Wonshik would probably live strange, happy lives because neither of them were exactly normal.

If they could get out of their horror show of a situatio, that was. Playing with Hongbin's hair, he thought about what their future could be like, or if they had a future at all. At least, for the moment, Hongbin had been happy. Even if Hyuk had taken the burden of worrying as his own, it was worth it to give the other a moment of peace.

~~~

Lee Jaehwan best friend was dead... That was the only thought in his head as Wonshik bandaged his ankle, making Jaehwan a makeshift cast out of the supplies in their first aide kit. Wishing it had been him instead, Jaehwan sighed, finding himself useless. At least Daehwan had skills. Daehwan could have helped Wonshik better than Jaehwan could. What did he have to offer the team? The comic relief didn't really seem to fit into this line of work.

Being unaware that he had started crying, he was shocked when Ravi reached forward and rubbed some tears off of his cheeks. His touch was so soft and his hands remained on his face even after they were done wiping his cheeks. There was no doubt that he was blushing.

"Wonshik..." He questioned as he looks into his companion's eyes, hardly daring to breathe. The other leaned in and slowly kissed him. It lasted only 15 seconds but Jaehwan's heart felt like it may explode from happiness.

"I'm sorry... Forgive me... I should have saved him..." Wonshik had his forehead against Jaehwan's. He looked like he might cry. Hating seeing Wonshik so weak and broken, without hesitation, he kissed him back.

"No. You did your best. Thank you for saving me." Jaehwan smiled and forced himself off of the couch, standing on one leg like a humam flamingo. "Now let's go, before Taekwoon comes and beats us with a stick."

Looking out the window at the carnage on the lawn, at the remains of Daehwan, he vowed that he wasn't going to be useless anymore. He was going to help make sure Wonshik got out of here alive, that all the rest of them would make it out alive, and no broken ankle would stop him.

~~~

Kim Wonshik was shocked when his friend kissed him back, pleasantly surprised, to say the least. He had been sure he was going to push him away in disgust and probably hit him.

Jaehwan got up on his own, a new, determined look on the cute man's face. Wonshik wasn't sure what had given the other the new resolve but he was glad. Feeling concerned that the loss of Daehwan had destroyed Ken's will to live, he found himself with new hope. If Jaehwan was okay, he could keep fighting through this.

"Yeah. Let's go." He held Jaehwan up to steady him as he helped him begin the treck through the carrion littered lawn.

~~~

Jung Taekwoon was playing tag with Hakyeon just to keep him moving. If Jaehwan and Wonshik didn't get there soon, he would probably personally rip them apart with his own hands. Hakyeon stumbled in front of him and Taekwoon dove forward to catch him before he fell.

"Oops." Hakyeon blushed and looked up at Taekwoon. His beautiful love was pale again but if he was managing to smile, Taekwoon wasn't sure how concerned he should be.

Hakeyon stood and dusteeld himself off as Wonshik sent a radio message saying he needed the gate codes. Good. They were close. Their tan leader answered them quickly and started doing cute ballet dances around the fountain. Hongbin and Hyuk watched him spin past them as Taekwoon shook his head and followed closely after him.

Stopped in the middle of a spin, Hakyeon looked at a gate as it swung open to reveal their missing friends. Hongbin and Hyuk got up quickly and Hakyeon sprintef over to help Wonshik with Jaehwan. Hakyeon's quest to stay active was causing him to become breathless. Taekwoon watched the love of his life as he began panting and sweat started to trickle down his skin. As scared as he was, he was equally proud of Hakyeon's strength.

~~~

Cha Hakyeon didn't want to stop moving, knowing that if he did, he might slip away, but at the same time, making his heart race with activity was only quickening his blood loss. Ther. Was a fair deal of certainty that he might die either way. Not wanting Taekwoom to panic when he fell, he acted like he had merely tripped. In reality everything had started to spin qnd Hakyeon was getting increasingly dizzier as the minutes ticked by. His abdomen felt like it was going to burst and he was concerned he was close to vomiting up blood again.

How much blood had he lost? It seemed as though the amount was getting dangerous, yet he refused to give up helping his friends until his heart officially stopped. With all the bad he had helped create in the past, he wanted to do as much good as he could to make up for it. His one hope was to die being good enough to deserve Taekwoon's tears.

"How's Jaehwan?" He questioned, looking his injured friend over in worry.

"Jaehwan can hear you." The limping man pouted and Hakyeon let out a small giggle.

"Sorry. How are you holding up?" Hugging the other, he ignored the pain in his stomach that the pressure of the hug had added to the already unbearable sensation.

"Broken ankle, but otherwise unharmed." Jaehwan shrugged and blushed, making Hakyeon wonder what else he wasn't sharing. Whatever it was had chased away the dark cloud of Daehwan's death, at least for the moment.

"Taek. Help Wonshik with Jaehwan from now on." Hakyeon demanded as he turned to look at his lover. Taekwoon glowered at him, shaking his head but Hakyeon wouldn't give the other a choice anyway.

"What happened to you?" Wonshik questioned and Hakyeon flinched. He really wanted to stop making all of them worry about him.

"I tried to save Yoonchul. I'm okay." He shrugged and could feel the disagreement from his other three companions. They already knew Hakyeon was lying but he didn't want to make those two concerned as well. Hoping the others would keep their mouths shut about his condition, he chose not to elaborate further.

"So..." Hongbin got off the bench and looked at Wonshik and Jaehwan. "Find anything helpful?" Hakyeon let out a sigh of relief for the subject change.

"Yeah." Wonshik made eye contact with Hakyeon and bit his lip, causing his relief to quickly fade. "Our N is really named Cha Hakyeon. His father created Ragnarök." Watching helplessly, he saw Hongbin stiffen in anger and turn to glare at him.

"You!" Hongbin yelled and took an angry step toward Hakyeo who didn't even bother to try to get away. If Hongbin hit him then he desered it. Taekwoon was the one that got in the way, standing in front of Hakyeon protectively.

"If you touch him I will kill you." The surly man warned. Hakyeon felt tears in his eyes, knowing he didn't deserve Taekwoon's loyalty.

"Hongbin, wait." Hyuk reached out and pulled his boyfriend to him. "Maybe we should hear the rest before you viciously assault our dying friend and Taekwoon destroys you." Hongbin nodded but didn't stop glaring at Hakyeon.

"The reason Hakyeon could only remember being called N..." Jaehwan took a deep breath. Hakyeon personally wanted to hurry up and die before it was revealed that he was a monster. "Is because since the day he was born he has been an experiment. His father's experiment. Code name N."

Great. Just his luck, his secret was out and he wasn't dead yet. Holding his breath, he waited for the eruption of fear and hatred and disgust to come from the people he loved the most, for Taekwoon to regret ever loving him. Unable to hold back his tears any longer, he figured that at least he would be getting what he deserved.