Ending

Ragnarök

Three years after that fateful mission, the group of six found themselves back at the sight of their biggest tragedies. The ground where the compound once stood, where Hakyeon had grown up, was overrun with new foliage. Nature was reclaiming it, turning the place or horrors into a lush, green shrine. It was almost peaceful, beautiful in a way even.

Hyuk and Hongbin had shown up first. They sat on the hood of their car to wait. Hongbin played with their wedding rings, thinking back to their short engagement. They had gotten married a year after the mission, when Ragnarök had finally been destroyed. They and the others had spent the last two years helping rebuild the country from the rubble.

Next to show up were Hakyeon and Taekwoon. They climbed off the motorcycle they rode in on and Hakyeon looked over the expanse of his old home. A sad smile spread over his face as he kicked over a low, crumbling piece of wall. Taekwoon wrapped his arms around him and pulled him back to their friends.

"How was your honeymoon?" Hongbin questioned, nodding toward Hakyeon. Taekwoon and the tan man had taken a month after they got married and traveled around to check on the progress of other countries in their clean up of Ragnarök. They had barely made it back in time to come meet everyone there.

"Taek kept getting so embarrassed. People kept giving us presents and telling him how cute I was." Hakyeon giggled as Taekwoon scowled at them.

"Hakyeon was obnoxious the whole time." Taekwoon informed them which only makes his husband laugh harder.

"Hey. They're coming." Hyuk announced as a car came speeding down the road and made a very sudden stop. They watched as Jaehwan opened the driver's door and fell out, chuckling.

"Damn it, Jaehwan! I'm not letting you drive anymore!" Wonshik gout out of the car and rubbed his shoulder where the seatbelt had dug in at the violent stop.

"I don't know why you let him drive at all!" Hongbin called back, laughing as Wonshik helped Jaehwan up, dusting him off. Jaehwan instantly ran to hug Hakyeon.

"You're back!" The two began to jump up and down in excitement, leaving the others to wait patiently for sanity to return to them.

"I wouldn't miss your wedding for anything." HakyeoN high fived his best friend and Taekwoon rolled his eyes.

"A week until you marry the idiot." Hongbin smiled at Wonshik. "Sure you want to go through with this? You still have time to run."

"Nah. I'm happy with the fool." Wonshik smiled and pulled Jaehwan away from Hakyeon, kissing him.

They all sat there and talked for a few hours before approaching a giant column with four names inscribed on it, Yoonchul, Nakhun, Daehwan, and Byoungjun, the final qnd most innocent victims of the compound.

Jaehwan and Hakyeon cried as they placed flowers at the bottom of the column. Hongbin let out a few sniffles himself. Hyuk, Wonshik, and Taekwoon saluted their fallen friends and supported their still hurting spouses. It was a little depressing that their happiness came at the expense of the lives of their friends but the scar Ragnarök had left on the world was slowly healing and they were going live the rest of their lives with joy enough for themselves and their lost comrades.