The Day l was...Mark-ed.

Leverage

               Bambam PoV

     Laundry day, as always. House duty . l was folding laundry and bringing it upstairs while l tried my best not to fall down. And guess who l bumped into? You guessed right. And what is he doing with a bottle of whiskey?  ''Drinking on the job again?--- Depends on what my next target is,'' Mark looked just plain smackable. Oh you sleaze...what are you doing? He got up in my face really close and dropped the laundry basket l was holding. The smell of alcohol was strong on his lips. Something's up.  l sighed heavily, ''Something's up. What's happened to you already? Use that smart head of yours,'' l asked him waiting for some stupid answer, but he decided to pick me up, basket and all taking me to his room. When you do that can you NOT ME!? Wow did he look drunk af(what? l still get with the times). ''So, shall we get back to what we started to finish earlier?--- You avoided my question. Mark.What is going on?'' He stopped instantly. ''l guess l can't hide from a grifter. Mom....'' What happened? l was keeping check on her the entire time this past week. l let him go get his whiskey and come back. l stood next to the terrace waiting, ''Tell me. With that look it's gotta be just like Yugeom--- You don't know about that!'' He elevated his voice at me and l turned around to a huffing Nate. He looked miserable, not like l was going to hug him.  ''Mom. l visited her when she was moved to the hospital last week. The doc said she wouldn't make it...'' And this is how you take it?

l scoffed at him, ''So she isn't going to make it and all of a sudden you decide to stay home and get drunk? Why does this remind me of Buenos Aires?'' He sighed at that and cracked a teeny smile.

l walked back to his side, ''Do you know what you need? To help your mother. Of course you may not know that she isn't your real mother, but anywho... How do you know that?'' Oh l look around, snoop through files, no big deal.

''Of course you know the truth, but l think you should know that your father is going to jail petty soon because of the charges our company is going to---  ls this going to end up with a moral? l'm getting to the point in our conversation where l flat out punish you,''  Alright then why don't l just let you forget by humiliating myself saying, ''Why don't we go grab something to eat? You're wasted beyond repair so why don't l buy you some Condition and call it a day?'' is eyes brightened like a little boy.

''Are you going to wear your uniform? Maybe l can search your makeup mirror computer for ideas--- How did you know l brought that?'' He had this sick smug look on his face as he motioned to his laptop opened with...surveilance cameras. This bastard....sigh. l should probably kiss his oo and make him feel better. The doorbell rang just as l was going to deliver my parting shot. ''Should l go get that? --- You're the one with the suit,'' Fine. 

 

''Uniform or Amsterdam?--- l'd prefer Buenos Aires,'' Ew that dress is soooo three years ago. Alright if you want strappy. l ran down the mahogany stairs into the empty foyer( which l should've cleaned by now. Ugh this maid gig is getting to me) where the guards were chilling out. Luckily Jackson actually comes by once in a while. Once l propped the wood doors open camera shutters clicked and chatter increased into a seas of questions. What the is going on? Reporters were cramming down my neck, ''ls it true that Mr. Tuan has been reported to go to jail for tunneling funds from IYS lnc.?--- ls Mark Tuan's mother, Sara Tuan going to live through all the medical reports being...--- With IYS denying all claims will the original Tuan family be able to reclaim any of the available stocks?--- There's been certain scandals going around the neighborhood revolving around the Tuan residence. Any thoughts?'' Uggggh! l closed the door and went on dusting the foyer. Did Marci even water the plants? And where's Nikki? Wait did l just maid right there?  ''Nikki???!?!?! Where is she?''.....

    The press were still being persistent and trying to get inside scoops, meanwhile l was scooping out the weeds from the garden. l really need to grift something. The urge is killing me. And y'know what? Screw it, l'm just going to go look for the safe....right after l finish. l worked all day and finally the press was stilled by night. Sigh~ When will my work ever end?

        ''Uhm, actually Mark. l don't think we should go out.--- Oh Sophie we'll be fine!'' No we won't! l paced around my(now our) room freaking about press. ''Mark l'm a Grifter! How am l going to stay off radar if they have a story about us?'' And you want to risk it for a cheap date(there better be wine). He was sipping on a new bottle already, ''We can always stay inside. l just need you or one of the other maids to cook--- No. l think we'll just go outside. Now get out,'' l shooed him away and shimmied out of my uniform. Mark couldn't help but take a long gaze. He piped up after gawking for so long, ''You don't have to be shy l know you're not a miss exactly. l think you should go out as Bammie, alright?'' That's just it... l smiled at the thought. Bambam? Not existent. ''l don't remember having a Bambam alias besides this year when l got to be part of an entertainment company but, l don't think l can be him tonigh---  For me, please,'' Are you actually...? Ok. l didn't say another word but pushed him out so l could change into my clothes. As l was getting everything together, l forgot to put on makeup, and yet my makeup section was in the room. Did he move it? That's like my personal grifting journal, everything l have is on the screen behind the mirror! Ugh, whatever. Through the door l could hear Mark complaining, ''Ey, any day when you feel hungry enough to actually eat let's go--- You don't know what it feels to get into a size 4 okay?'' l walked out and grabbed my shoes.