Chapter 8

Where Did You Come From?

“Hey man, where were you yesterday?” Rap Mon came up to me and patted my shoulder. “We were waiting for you at the country club.”  We were in the lounge of the NHSK building hanging out. Jin, V, Shiyeon, Nauen, and I were sitting on the couch when Rap Monster came in to the lounge.

“Sorry, something came up and I couldn’t get out of it.” I replied. I didn’t tell them that I had been with Jimin, that I had taken her to the hospital and waited there for hours until she was released, I definitely didn’t tell them that she had hugged and kissed me. I was going to get in a boat load of trouble with Shiyeon if I mentioned any of it.

“Jagi, you missed a fun night.” Shiyeon wrapped her arms around my stomach and kissed my neck. I tried to break away from her but she just held on so tight. I used to feel flustered when she touched me, it was exciting and new at first, but now she just threw herself at me all the time and I had lost all interest.

“Oh well, maybe next time.” I managed to break out of her grasp and walked over to the vending machine. I swiped my student card and pressed C3, for iced coffee, grabbed it and decided to go for a walk, alone. Ever since last night, I couldn’t stop thinking about Jimin. I couldn’t stop thinking about her hug, her touch, her warmth, or her sweet kiss. I wanted to see her so badly. I made my way out the door and noticed that, as usual, I was being followed by the entire group. “So much for being alone.” I really hated the fact that I couldn’t do anything or go anywhere without my “friends”.

I walked out of the building and out to the courtyard where many students were wondering around with their friends, waiting for class to start. I walked aimlessly for five minutes, my friends lingering behind me, when I suddenly spotted her. Jimin was walking in my direction, her hair flowing in the breeze, a smile on her face, she looked so beauti- “What the hell are you thinking Jimin?” I scolded myself for thinking about her like that. “Who am I kidding?” I looked back at her and I couldn’t help but stare, she was simply breathtaking. It took me a second to realize she was with someone. In the entire time I’d known Jimin, I’d never known her to have friends. She continued to walk towards me but she still hadn’t noticed my existence, she was too busy chatting and laughing with some guy I’d never seen before. He was taller than her but not by much, with brownish hair, and a baby face. He looked like a dweeb.

“Well, well, well, who do we have here?” Shiyeon said when Jimin and the boy crossed paths with us. It wasn’t there intention to stop and talk to us but Shiyeon noticed them and obviously had to say something since she hated Jimin’s guts. “Hiya Jimin, who’s your cute friend?” I didn’t say anything but instead backed away a little, hoping Jimin wouldn’t look at me.

“Shiyeon, this is Jungkook, a transfer student.” Jimin said dryly and then turned to the boy. “Jungkook, remember that I told you about?” The boy nodded. “Well that’s her, the devil on earth.” The look in Jimin’s eyes was serious, almost bored even. It was crazy how, not even a minute ago, she was smiling happily and now she was the complete opposite. I admired Jimin, no one else in this school had the guts to talk back to Shiyeon, at least not like that anyways.

“Jimin, why must you be so harsh? Aren’t we friends?” Shiyeon said sarcastically.

“Me? Be friends with you? I’d rather stick a fork into my eye and twirl it around until it falls out.” Jimin said, rather annoyed.

“I’ve never understood why you don’t like hanging out with me Jimin.” Shiyeon pouted, while fake crying.

“Forgive me for wanting to stay away from someone who tried to kill me.” Jimin said. “Now if you’ll excuse us, we’re touring the school.”

Kill? The word caught my attention.

“Oh Jungkook dear!” Shiyeon called out before they could leave. “Word of advice, if you want to be popular around here, hanging out with Han Jimin is not the way to do it.” Shiyeon winked and Nauen laughed loudly. Jimin and Jungkook rolled their eyes and walked away. Shiyeon was about to walk away with the group when I grabbed her arm roughly.

“What did she mean when she said you tried to kill her?”

“Oppa, don’t worry about it, it was a harmless prank, she’s just being over dramatic.” She laughed but I wouldn’t let go of her elbow. “Let go.” She hissed and shook me off, for a second the smile leaving her face. Once she was out of grasp, she smiled again and skipped away with the rest of the group, leaving me behind. I looked at Shiyeon and then turned to see Jimin in the distance with that kid, Jungkook.

“Out of all people, why does she have to show him around?” I huffed and walked to class.


“Hey guys, this is Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook, these are my friends, Seul Bi, Yoongi, and Hoseok.” Jimin said as she introduced me to her friends.

“Hello, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” I bowed. “I just moved here from America, please take good care of me.” I said politely.

“Hey man, nice to meet you.” One of them said and patted me kind of hard on the arm. I think he was Yoongi.

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you. Please speak comfortably.” The other guy smiled. If the other guy was Yoongi, then this guy was Hoseok.

“How are you liking the school so far?” The girl, Seul Bi, asked.

“It’s really nice, I like it.” I smiled.

“That’s good.” She smiled sweetly, touching my arm as she looked at me. She was very pretty.

“Oh no! No, no, no, no!” Jimin suddenly started shouting. “I’ve seen that move before, don’t you get any ideas with Jungkook.”

“What are you talking about?!” Seul Bi exclaimed, almost shocked at Jimin’s accusation.

“Don’t you go flirting with him, he’s too innocent and good to be messed up by a relationship with you.” Jimin rolled her eyes and linked arms with me.

She was flirting with me? I thought and grinned.

“Plus, how is your boyfriend over there going to feel if you only pay attention to Jungkook?” She added, pointing to Yoongi with her eyes.

“What boyfriend?” Seul Bi snickered.

“Me, date her? As if.” Yoongi scoffed.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Seul Bi shot back, offended. “You’d be lucky to have girlfriend like me, you punk!”

Jimin, Hoseok, and I our heels and walked away, leaving the two fighting in the middle of the hallway.

“So what’s the story with those two?” I asked my two seniors.

“They’re in love.” Jimin laughed.

“They just don’t know it yet.” Hoseok added, also laughing.

“Ah…” I nodded and smiled.

“Hey, we’ve got to go to class, good luck on your first day!” Jimin said and waved. “Call me if you need anything, okay?” I nodded and waved at them both as they walked away. I really liked Jimin, she treated me like a little brother, the way she took care of me and stuff.

I looked down at my paperwork and searched for my classroom number.

“Alright room 4-A, please be good to me. Jungkook, fighting!” I gave myself a quick cheer and then I was off.


 “So how was it?” Jungkook and I were walking past the gates at school when I asked him about his first day.

“It was … weird.” He sighed.

“Let me guess, the girls were all over you.”

“How’d you know!?” His eyes widened in shock.

“Because you’re adorable.”

“Oh.” Jungkook stared at his feet, grinning, and blushed at my compliment. “Thank you Jimin sunbae.”

“Call me noona, please.” I laughed.

“Really? Are you sure?” He asked.

“Yeah, it’s very rare for someone to call me that since I’m the youngest of my friends and I have no younger brothers.” I patted his back.

“Okay noona.” He smiled. “So at school, I walked into the classroom and the teacher introduced me and made me talk. When I spoke, all the girls started giggling and smiling and squealing. It was seriously the way you see it in the drama’s on tv!” Jungkook said and I laughed. The way he expressed himself was really funny, his face and the way he talked so excitedly about everything was too cute for me to handle. It wasn’t that “I like him” type of cute but more of a little brother type of cute. He told me all about his day as we walked towards the convenience store. Jungkook needed to buy some books for school and I was taking him to the nearest book store but we decided to make a quick stop for some food first.

Jungkook talked a lot and it didn’t bother me at all, I enjoyed hearing him talk. The one thing that did bother me was the feeling that we were being watched, like someone was following us. I peeked over my shoulder to see if I spotted anyone but there wasn’t anyone there, just everyday pedestrians. I continued to listen to Jungkook but it wasn’t long before I felt someone again. I turned around quickly but there was no one there.

“That’s weird…”

“What is noona?” Jungkook asked.

“Huh? Oh nothing.” I smiled, turning back to him. “We’re here.” I pointed at the convenience store and marched right in with Jungkook close at my heels. “Look around and see what you want to eat, okay? Get as much as you’d like, it’s my treat.”

“Okay.” He smiled.

I walked up and down the aisle looking for something for myself when I got that weird feeling again. I quickly looked around and saw someone duck down in the next aisle. I ran to the other side and some creepy guy in a hooded sweater and thick rimmed glasses on the floor.

“Excuse me, are you following me?” I said angrily.

“Uhh, no lady, I don’t even know you…” He said in a gruff voice and then stood up and tried to run in the opposite direction. What he didn’t know is that Jungkook was standing there, his arms packed with food. When the creeper tried to run, he bumped right into Jungkook, taking him down with him when he fell.

“Omo! Jungkook are you okay?” I rushed over to them and helped him up. The creeper’s sunglasses were on the floor so I reached down to grab them and when I looked up, I finally saw his face. “Ji- Jimin? Is that you?” I pulled the hood off his head and it was him.

“H-h-hi.” He said awkwardly.

“What are you doing here? Are you following me?” I asked.

“No…” He said suspiciously.

“Alright. Jungkook, let’s go.” I eyed him closely and then started walking away, my arm linked to Jungkook’s. “What’d you get?” I asked.

“Ramen, ramen, rame-” He started saying before he was interrupted by Jimin.

“So, uhh, where are you guys going?” Jimin asked, tearing his way through Jungkook and I so we weren’t arm in arm anymore.

“We’re going to a bookstore.” I snapped quickly.

“What a coincidence, I need to purchase some books as well! Since we’re all here, why don’t we just go together, shall we?” He said enthusiastically and weird.

“Yeah, look how that worked out . . .” I said and we headed for the cashier. Once we paid for our food, we went to the window seats. I sat down and right as Jungkook was going to sit next to me, Jimin cut in between us and beat him to the chair. Poor Jungkook had no choice but to sit on the opposite side all alone.

I didn’t understand what was wrong with Jimin, I’d never seen him act this way. Normally, he was calm, cool, and collected, walking the halls at school with his posse acting like he was king of the world, girls swooning over him, dropping like flies at his every beck and call. Now, he was acting like a total weirdo, following me around all alone, hiding his identity, and just being downright strange. Before, he was “cool” but now, he was just a dork.

“Are you ready, Jungkook?” I asked when I finished my cookie. I hadn’t gotten much food because I wasn’t very hungry which was odd since I hardly ate anything at lunch either. Jungkook, on the other hand, had slurped his way through four ramen cups in a flash.

“Yes noona.” He stood up and grabbed his backpack.

“Jimin.” Jimin grabbed my arm and pulled me back right when I was about to start walking away. “Aren’t you going to eat anything? You just had that teeny cookie.” He asked.

“No, I’m not really hungry.” I pulled away and headed out. I heard him sigh frustratingly behind me but I chose to just keep walking.

We made it to the bookstore and went inside. It was a dusty old place, with hundreds of books all aligned neatly on honey brown bookshelves that went on for miles. Jungkook went straight to the front desk where an old man helped him find what he was looking for. In the meantime, I walked around and looked at some of the literature they had stocked towards the back of the store. I was a big fan of books and the ones that I liked were all the way in the far right corner where hardly anyone ever went. I liked it because there was a big fluffy chair there and when I sat to read, it was my own personal space where no one would bother me. Unfortunately, today was different. Instead of getting some peace of mind in my happy place, I was getting a headache. Jimin followed me all the way to the back of the store, talking and talking and talking the whole way there.

“Didn’t you have some books you wanted to look for?!” I said to him, almost yelling. He was driving me crazy!

“Oh right!” He scanned the shelves nearest to him, obviously looking for no particular books, and picked out books at random. “These: In Hope of Love, In the Middle of Love and War, Bound for Life, The Ugly Side of Pretty, and Where Did You Come From?” He grinned, stacking the books in his arms.

You are going to read all those?” I asked, shocked.

“Yes, yes I am.” He snapped at me.

“Whatever.” I muttered under my breath. I grabbed a book from off the shelf and sat in my chair and began to read. I read only one sentence and then he started bugging me again, poking my arm, trying to get my attention. I ignored him at first but then he poked me harder. “What?!” I shouted when I couldn’t ignore it any longer.

“Let me sit with you.” He motioned me to scoot over and make him some room.

“No, I don’t want too. Find your own chair.” I stuck my tongue out at him and continued to read. The chair was actually quite big and could’ve easily seated both of us but I just didn’t want to share.

Jimin huffed and poked me again but this time on my side, right below my rib cage.

“St-stop! That tickles.” I laughed.

Note: Never ever, and I mean NEVER, tell anyone that you are ticklish. If possible, take it to your grave.

I regretted the words as soon as they came out of my mouth. Jimin’s eyes widened and a smile slowly formed on his face.

“Don’t even think about it.” I warned but it was too late. Jimin’s fingers were at my sides, tickling me nonstop. “No! P-pl-please stop!” I laughed. I was laughing so hard, tears started falling down my cheeks.

Without noticing, Jimin had placed his knees on either side of me on the chair so that I was sitting in between his legs. I couldn’t move because he was on top of me, almost sitting on my lap, while his upper half had his arms around me. His hands moved from my sides to my back. I became so ticklish that I sat straight up and was being pressed against his warm chest. I couldn’t do anything about our weird sitting arrangement because I was too busy laughing.

“Ji-ji-jimin! Please stop!” I laughed. My sides were beginning to hurt!

Jimin looked down at me and noticed that I had been crying and quickly stopped. He knew I wasn’t crying in pain but he still stopped. I stopped laughing as well and things became quiet again in that far corner of the store. Jimin had been holding himself up with his knees but then lightly sat on my lap. I stared at him, wondering what he would do next. A few seconds passed, still no one had spoken, and then he lifted his hand and lightly my cheek with his thumb. He wiped away the tears one by one with his soft fingers until they were all gone. Instead of pulling his hand away when he was done, Jimin traced my features with his pointer finger. His finger went over my nose, my cheeks, my lips, my jaw, and then my neck. He placed his hand at the nape of my neck and just stared at me.

I wondered what was going through his mind. Then I wondered what was going on in my mind! He was so close to me, touching me, holding me, and caressing me and I wasn’t stopping him. The truth was, I didn’t want to stop him. I had never been this close to a guy before, but I didn’t hate it. I didn’t hate it because it was him, it was Jimin. I felt him pull me closer and I obliged. I moved closer until I was inches away from his chest. I watched him breathe in and out, his chest heaving slowly. Then I noticed that we were breathing as one, in and out simultaneously. I looked up at his face and he looked down at me while his hands moved up from my neck until they were holding me by my cheeks. Soon, Jimin lowered his face and inched closer and closer until his lips were inches away from mine. Without meaning to, I closed my eyes and waited patiently for his lips to touch mine but they never did.

“Ahem.” Someone’s voice brought me back into reality. My eyes popped open and both Jimin and I turned to the direction where the voice had come from.

It was Jungkook.

“What is going on here?”


New chapter! Tell me what you thought!

Who's shipping the Jimins? I am!

Comment, subscribe, upvote, etc. and thanks for reading!