Conflict

More Than Best Friends ~HIATUS :(~

 

Days passed and nothing out of the normal routine happened. They come to school and go home together, dodge a few fan girls and glare at some boys, well that was Jiyong's part. But one morning was quite different.

 

"Jiyong!" Dara's panting hard for catching up with Jiyong during lunch break. Apparently, he needs to walk fast, so that his fan girls won't notice, and drag Dara at a corner where they couldn't be seen. Jiyong pulled her closer so that they were well hidden from other's view.

 

At that moment, Dara's heart beat faster as they were standing only inches apart. It was the first time she stared at him up close. She could swear that any girl would melt when they look at those dark brown orbs and that handsome face of his. Jiyong on the other hand battles with his own body whether to take this opportunity to kiss the girl that he had wanted for such a long time. But before they do anything weird, Dara decided to speak up.

 

"Ah, listen Ji, just go home without me later."

"Why?" Jiyong is now scowling as he thinks he knows where this would lead.

"Uhm…see…Jaejoong…" Dara didn't know how to say it 'cause she know that he wouldn't like the idea and that would only lead to another fierce verbal battle between the two.

"Who's Jaejoong?" he almost spat his name as he said it.

And here comes the match between the two most stubborn human beings…ting.ting.ting...

"Well, he asked me out on a date and…"

"He what?"

"Hash! Let me finish!" She always says that expression when she wants silence instead of the usual shh. And it worked. The Dragon was silenced but the frown on his face remained.

 

Dara 1 Jiyong 0

 

"As I was saying, Jaejoong asked me out and I decided to give him a chance."

"But…"

"No buts. Jiyong, I can take care of myself ok. You don't have to scare him away like what you did to the others."

 

Jiyong flush a tint of red as his little secret was now out.

 

Dara 2 Jiyong 0

 

"I don't know this guy!"

"He's Chaerin's cousin. He's a nice guy, smart, and he doesn't have so many fan girls, don't worry." She emphasized the words fan girls.

 

Dara 3 Jiyong 0

 

"I'm telling your mom."

"She already know"

"And she let you?" He said with disbelief and wide mouth.

"Yes, that's why I'm telling you right now. So…gotta go bye!" And the knock out reply came.

Dara 4 Jiyong 0

 

She quickly left him to avoid another argument. He let out a loud sigh for he knows that she could never win against her at this point.

 

Winner: Dara!



 

And so the morning had passed, with a frustrated Jiyong sitting inside the classroom giving every fan girl who attempted to flirt with him a death glare. And poor Seungri having his face meet one Jiyong's books as he kept on asking him about Dara's date. This is surely not his day…

 

Later that same day he saw Dara talking to a guy with brown hair and a very very handsome face. 'So this must be that Jaejoong guy she was talking about.' Jiyong glared at the couple, who didn't notice it 'cause they were too busy talking with each other, for a quick period of time. He hates to admit it, but the guy got some looks so it won't be hard for Dara to like him. He also did a background check of the guy (yep, he can do that) found out that he's a straight A student and no bad records at he also found out he can sometimes be stoic like him. 'If he hurts my Dara, I'll make sure that pretty face of his will be ruined.'

 

He decided to keep an eye on the two for a moment. You see, Jiyong is an expert when it comes to reading people's faces. He stared at Jaejoong's face at a careful distance so that he wouldn't notice him. And as he expected it, he could tell that Jaejoong is sincere, much to his dismay of course, although he didn't want Dara to be with other guys, he is not evil enough to pray her heart broken by some other guy just to be with her.

 


Suddenly things weren't the same for Jiyong anymore. It became more frequent that Dara isn't going home with him and even in going to school. She usually asks him to tutor her whenever there are tests upcoming, but now she's got Jaejoong to do that. He sees her at school and talks to her but it's not the same as before, sometimes she's in a hurry or Jaejoong will suddenly appear out of nowhere and talk to her. Even though he wanted to strangle the guy for taking his girl, wait not yet his girl but should have been, he can't do it 'cause he knows that she loves him.

 

Jiyong doesn't even bother to call her anymore. Before Dara had a boyfriend, he usually calls her at least once every week, some friendly ritual between the two. The inevitable had come. He knew that one day she'll find someone and might not need him anymore. And it hurts him to think that their memories together might be replaced by new memories that he's not even a part of.

 


He was lying in the small sofa of his room when he heard a loud knock on his door. "Come in" he's not in the mood for talking but nevertheless it was ok to see someone than just drown his self in thought. He nearly fell from where he was when he saw her coming in and without permissions, lay on his bed and grabbed some book he owns.

 

"What are you doing here?" he asked, quite puzzled by her sudden manifestation, it has been a while since they hang out in his room.

 

"My parents won't be home for 3 days. I'm bored", which probably meant: I'm lonely at home and I have no one to talk to so I came here and decided to pest you; she was not the explaining-type of person anyway. She flipped the pages of the book, but she doesn't seem to read them.

 

"You don't have a date?"

"Jaejoong's busy."

 

And then there was a moment of silence, which was new to him. Usually when the two are together, Jiyong loses his stoic attitude and becomes nearly as talkative as her. But now he's feeling odd talking to her. 'What to say? What to say? What to say'.

 

"I miss you, Ji."

"…"

"Well, these past few days, we haven't had a good talk like before. I wonder are you avoiding me?"

 

'So now I'm the one who's avoiding?' he thought. He doesn't know why but seemed annoyed by her comment. "Since you already have that boyfriend of yours to take my place, I don't need to follow you around anymore." He grabbed the magazine near him and pretended to read it, but secretly waiting for her reply. Dara was quite hurt by his comment but still continued with the conversation.

 

"What is wrong with you? You've been acting strange" she said with a bit sadness in her voice.

"So I'm the one who's acting weird? Who's the one deciding to set aside our friendship huh?" Jiyong raised his voice.

"I'm not setting it aside! You're the one avoiding me!"

"I am not avoiding you! How can I talk to you when you are all clingy to your boyfriend?"

 

Now Dara is definitely upset by his remark. She had never had a major fight with me before neither did he ever say that she was clingy. She clenched her fists so hard to control her anger and forced not to let her tears fall from her eyes. The last thing she wants to do would be crying in front of him.

 

"Jerk!" she shouted and stormed out of Jiyong's room.

 

Jiyong is now more frustrated than ever, not with Dara, but with himself. 'What the hell did I just say!' He thought over and over again as he buried his face on his pillows. 'This is the end…'were his last thoughts as he forced his self to sleep and forget everything that had happened.