CHAPTER 8

The Escape Route
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! I know this chapter update is long over due and I'm sorry. I know we've been all feeling sad and still not over the fact that Luhan already left Exo but it doesn't mean that I will stop believing in Hunhan. I love their ship so much to just give up on them so to make you guys happy, here's my update. :) 

 

I know this isn't much but my feels are all in this chapter. Thank you guys so much for still sticking to this fic!! 사랑해요! ❤

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

"Luhan! Are you sure you don't want to have dinner with us? You know Sehun here doesn't mind. Right Sehun?" 

 

Yixing hyung called for Luhan over the many tourist lining for their bus. I had no choice but to smile at Luhan to let him know that it's okay. It's not that I don't want to; it's just I might make it awkward between us. 

 

"Luhan, please? I would love to have dinner with you…" Jongin surprisingly said, rubbing the back of his neck, "I meant, you know… I just want to get to know you." Then he let out a small laugh. Did my best friend ask a guy out? 

 

Even Kim Jongin who loves women is under Luhan's spell. I've never seen my best friend flutter his eyelashes for a guy. He looks like a preschool student in love with his teacher. "You're so adorable, Jongin. But, I'm sorry. I really can't. I have work after this tour. Maybe next time?" Luhan said, flashing his adorable smile and ruffled Jongin’s hair and his face seem flushed. Did I say Luhan’s smile is adorable? Darn it.  

 

Jongin heavily sighed and muttered an okay then looked at me with growling expression as if it was my fault that he can't join us for dinner. "What?" I muttered to Jongin who wants to nudge me.  

 

Luhan waved us goodbye and off for the bus. "That was a tiring day. Let's go, I know a famous restaurant nearby." Yixing said while we walk towards the exit of the Great Wall. 

 

It was really a tiring day. The Great Wall is definitely not a joke. I think we didn't even reach the end of the wall because it was so undeniably long. I can't believe how Luhan endures the repetitive touring. 

 

Luhan. Why can't I stop thinking about him? 

 

 

 

At dinner Kim Jongin and his mouth never fail to impress me. "So, aside from being a tour guide. What does Luhan do?" Jongin asked Yixing hyung, his mouth stuffed with Sweet and Sour pork. I kicked his shin from under the table which made him sputter his food. "Ow!" 

 

"I really don't know. I've known Luhan for years now but he never tells anybody about his part time jobs. I've confronted him before and he said that he's willing to do anything for his mom and sister." 

 

Yixing hyung said seriously, he looks really concerned towards his friend. "I'm actually worried about him. He never really had the time to have fun. We were in our last year in high school when his father left them. From then, he managed to juggle three jobs and study for college entrance exams. Imagine his responsibilities are no joke. And that guy, he is really smart but is wasted because he needs to help his family." 

 

Jongin kicked my shin this time and it made me snap back to reality that Luhan has so much potential but why settle with being a prositute? There has got to be a reason why. 

 

"Do you think I could help him?" 

 

Yixing looked at me confusedly, scratching his head with the end of his chopstick, shaking his head as if it was a lame suggestion, "Mhmmm, what are you suggesting?" 

 

"I could ask him to work for my dad?" 

 

"You know that's a great idea!" Jongin exclaimed and followed up with a, "More time to be with Luhan!" I gave him a stern look  to shut him up. Seriously it was the first time he met Luhan and yet he has fallen head over heels with him. 

 

"I don't think it will work though. His family is here in China." 

 

"Oh. Right. Luhan so pretty he needs time for himself. What if he gets exhausted and get sick? I don't want that. Poor dear delicate flower…" Jongin said while emptying a cup of house tea only to find his tongue burning afterwards. 

 

I shake my head upon hearing Jongin's concern. He's actually right. What will happen to Luhan? And there's a sudden worry in my chest for him. But why? 

 

 

--

 

 

"I really feel bad for Luhan. I mean he has his reasons why he sleeps with douche bags -- like you. But, I don't get it. He's smart and cute and soooo adorable -" 

 

"Shut the up, Jongin! I can't even do anything to help him, okay!" I had enough of his talking. As if there's anything I could do. 

 

"Well you can do something! But you're just afraid to admit to yourself that you might fall deep in love with him and forget about ing Krystal! That !" 

 

That's it! I don't know why my impulses took the best of me and grabbed Jongin by his collar and pushed him rather strongly on the wall, "Krystal is not a ! You ! If you're that concerned with Luhan why don't you go to him and ing be the superhero and save him from -" 

 

He punched me square on the face, sending me to the ground. I groaned and wiped the blood from the side of my lips, "Save him from YOU, ! you! You were the one worrying about him and ing feeling guilty for sleeping with him and then what? Pretend that nothing happened? Pretend that you still love Krystal? You're stupid, you do know that right?!" he annoyingly smirked, Jongin feeling proud that he made a point and I slump on the floor laughing like a maniac, face-palming in frustration, losing my wits. 

 

Jongin sat beside me and slightly punched my arm, "You deserve that man. And when did I go wrong? Stop acting like mental and go to Luhan! You don't have to deny anything. Feelings or no feelings, you should make up to ease that guilt. And please ing forget about Krystal!"

 

I knelt on the floor and faced Jongin, readying my fist, "Can I punch you just one time and I promise I'll go to Luhan." I said to test his loyalty to the person he just met awhile ago. How far can you go for Luhan, Jongin?

 

"So we're still playing that game? Grow up -" he rolled his eyes and I placed my hand on his shoulder, putting some weight and without prior notice my fist came flying across his sharp jaw. 

 

his jaw is su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter