CHAPTER 17

The Escape Route
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Woah! My last update was 2015!! Omg hello guys! I know this update is long overdue. I hope you are still anticipating this fic huhuhu I'm so sorry I haven't been updating but finally! Here it is! It isn't the chapter you guys have been waiting/expecting for but I promise you this will all fall into place. Enjoy!! ♡

PS. Escape Route would probably come to its end real soon. Probably 3-4 chapters left? I really don't know. We'll see! Hehe love you all!! 

-- 

Closure.

 

It’s something that is completely over. Forever.

 

This is what I wanted from Krystal. Closure is what I want for this to be over. The moment I met Luhan and how I was changed as a person because of him made me realize that I can definitely live my life not haunted by the past.

 

Krystal holds my hand, her eyes pleading for me to say yes. To say yes to coming home with her. Say yes to the chances that we can still be together and make it seem like nothing bad has ever happened between us over the course of time.

 

Sure it’s easier said than done. Luhan made me choose and now here she is waiting for my reply.

 

I looked at her with eyes that speak from the soul and words unthought of, “Will you let me go if I say no?”

 

This time she firmly holds my hand, her once hopeful eyes welling up, “Why, Sehun?” She asked almost a whisper. “Do you not love me anymore?”

 

I couldn’t dare to look at her. I find comfort in the white walls of my hospital room. I think of Luhan and all the what could have beens.

 

“There’s no love left for me to give, Krystal. Because I’ve given it all to you. And what did you do? You broke me. You left me hanging here hoping that you can fix me.”

 

She continues to sob as I sigh all my worries away. “But you can’t fix me. It’s funny how my 3 weeks here in China made me whole again. And it’s not because of you.” I slapped her with reality.

 

I hold on to her hand as it’s the last time I’m going to. I am making her understand that I am now fine. That I need to start new.

 

“Love, happiness, time and memories whether good or bad you’ve had it all. And now I’ve met someone who even though I haven’t spent 4 years of my life has made me believe that I am worth it.”

 

She stops and wiped her tears away. “When did I make you feel that you’re not worth it? All these years, Sehun…” I know this frustrates her.

 

I brush my thumb against her tears stained cheek, “I loved you, don’t get me wrong. But the moment you left me. I felt useless, I felt like I wasn’t enough for you.”

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Sehun. I’m such a bad person. I was too selfish that I didn’t notice that I am failing at us.”

 

I tucked her in my arm and let her head rest on my shoulder to calm her down. “It’s okay, Krystal. I’ve accepted it already. I’ve already moved on.”

 

She gets back up to face me. She wiped away all evidences of tears on her face. She looked at me differently now, it’s like she also made a choice. “Then what are you still doing here?”

 

I don’t get it. What does she mean? “Sehun, you said you’re in love with someone else. What are you doing here with me?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter