CHAPTER 15

The Escape Route
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys!! Here's to another chapter yaaay! A lot has been going on with this fic but trust me I have this all figured out. Hopefully I could put it into words hehe. Thank you!! ♡♡♡ 

 

Where are you Luhan?

 

I'm running as fast as I could. Time is chasing me down. The last remaining moments haunting me. I run along the path of the unknown. Grass covered walls, dark gloomy skies, thunder roaring and lightning strikes. I can't afford to be terrified as I continue to run as fast as I could. Taking turns left to right. Stopping at cornered dead ends.

 

Where are you Luhan?

 

I beat every second from the loud ticking of the clock.

 

Tick-tock tick-tock.

 

I'm running faster now. I couldn't care less on the strain building up on my legs, heavy breathing through the humid air and my head is spinning. This is suffocating me. Where is this route leading me? I asked myself as I continue to run along this unending maze.

 

"Luhaaaan!" I shouted but I heard my voice echoing through the dead air. I sweat profusely as I run and run. Catching my breath one gallop after another.

 

"Luhaaaan!" I desperately shouted this time only to hear myself again. My hands tracing the grassed walls, my chest heaves hardly catching my breath, my steps gradually slowing down as I try to remember if I had already passed this path.

 

Where are you Luhan?

 

I could feel the exhaustion all through my body.  My feet almost reaching its strain. My vision blurring and will blank out soon. I find it hard to breath. I need water. There is no more light when I decided to stop my tracks.

 

I need Luhan.

 

I am on the verge of going down on my knees and give up. But suddenly a wooden door with rays of white light seeping through the thin spaces started opening up from a corner nearby.

 

"Sehun." A whisper in the air.

 

I tiredly dragged myself towards the voice.

 

"Sehun." I came nearer the loud whisper.

 

"Sehun."

 

"Sehun."

 

"Sehun! Sehun!"

 

I cracked open my eyes to the sound of someone continuously calling my name.

 

"Oh baby, you're having a bad dream." My mom uneasily said as I clutched into her embrace.

 

Even in my dreams I wasn't able to find Luhan. I hope this is not a sign because I would go back to sleep and continue my dream until I find him. I couldn't stand waking up to reality living a nightmare.

 

My mom just cradles me. Hushing me as I continue to be frightened at the reality of waking up without Luhan around.

 

"Sehun honey. Calm down and tell me about it."

 

"Mom, you wouldn't understand." I tell her as I mentally prepare myself to confess to her regarding Luhan.

 

"Is it Luhan?" She asked rubbing the forming tensions away from my soared back.

 

I looked at her questioningly, trying to read her expression but I've got nothing but concern written all over her face.

 

I heaved a sigh. I guess it's time to tell her. "Yes, Ma. I want to tell you that I'm sorry for-" I quietly explained.

 

"No, honey. I think you did the right thing. I always knew that you have a kind heart. Helping a friend who helped you is nothing even if it means to get hurt." She said proudly as she taught me well in life. Her eyes sparkle as she looks at me, brushing her thumb on my chin. I wanted to thank her for everything but I can't lie to her as well. I need to tell her.

 

"No, Ma. You- don't get it. Whatever it is that hyung told you is not the-" I tried explaining to her as her eyes narrow trying to understand as I put everything to words.

 

Then Jongin interrupted our conversation by being his stupid self. Over actively opened the door to my hospital room and clumsily ranted aloud, "Sehun, Man! I would have been the first one to die because of stress when you pulled that IV..." and closed the door rather with a bang, "Oh hello there, Mrs. Oh..." he surprisingly greeted my mother.

 

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked while awkwardly looking back and forth between me and my mother then flashed his toothy grin. "Sorry."  He sheepishly uttered while nervously scratching the back of his head.

 

My mom lets out a small laugh and said, "It's fine, Jongin! I'll leave you two alone. I'll buy lunch for us."

 

"Really? Can I request for Chicken Kung Pao?" Jongin being the thick skinned, self-proclaimed adopted child of my parents asked my mother with pleading eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter