How it Began

This White Jail

(This whole chapter is a flaskback)

 

August 18, 2008


   I woke up and looked around me. I was in a small, yellow room with cushions for walls, ceiling and ground. The type of room in a mental hospital that you would see in those movies. Then I realized, why am I here? I don’t remember anything about me nor my situation. Who am I? When did I get here? HOW did I get here? These questions haunted my mind as I grew panicked and tried to find my way out. For some reason I wasn’t crying, sweating or screaming like other people would when they are panicked but instead I was quiet and seemed somewhat calm. On the outside I looked like I was calm and didn’t give a care in the world but inside I was scared. I was panicked and crying and sweating and everything that showed I was panicked but it was all inside.
I wonder why I’m like that. Well I guess I just found something out about myself. 

   While I was slowly searching for a way out of the suffocating yellow hell, a small rectangle in the corner of the room opened up and a tall, clean and sophisticated woman dressed in white came in, holding a clipboard. She had this kind of smile that showed everything is going to be okay, but her eyes said otherwise.

"Hello! How was your rest?"

"Who are you? And who am I? Where am I?" I asked.

"Woah woah woah slow down honey, I’m just here to take you to your room."

I was so confused. First I woke up and knew nothing and now I lived here?

"Wait, my room? Do I live here?"

"No silly. You’re at PSJ mental institute."

Did this just say silly? Why is she so comfortable with me? I don’t like her already. 

"Who am I and how did I get here?"

"That I cannot tell you. You lost your memory and if I tell you anything or force any of your memories in your head, that can cause severe headaches and that would be bad for your health." 

As much as I wanted to slap her in the face and force her to tell me who I am and what’s going on, I wasn’t that rude. Soon after, she stopped talking and asked me to follow her to my room. When we stepped out of the small yellow room there was a long white hall ahead of me, it seemed to never end. Every time I looked beside me, there was a person in a small white room sitting on a bed either giving me dirty looks or mumbling to themselves like a crazy person when suddenly- BANG BANG! Oh my god what the hell was that? I looked to my right and there was an old looking lady in one of the rooms banging on the door and shouting to me

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BEFORE HE FINDS!! I CAN SEE HIM ALREADY! HES BEHIND YOU! He's behind you..... *mumbles* he's following you".

I was so shocked and stood in my place. I slowly turned to look behind me and there was a man. He wasn’t just any man. I have seen him before, I don’t know where but he just seems so familiar. He was a tall, well built, had nice dark hair and he had this glare that would scare other people but for some reason, I found it..... alluring. 

"Don’t listen to her. She doesn’t know what she’s talking about. There is no one there" that said. I looked back at him and saw.... nothing. He was gone. 

"But there was. There was a man here just a second ago. He was looking at me."

"There is no one there, I assure you. It’s just a side effect of the medicine we gave you."

Medicine? When did they give me anything? She only came in the room and-

"We gave you the dose while you were asleep".

"Oh..."

"Well anyways... This is your room! How do you like it?"

 

 

          

(A/N: I couldn't find anything white and nice so just imagine the whole entire room white)

 

 

It was a small, pretty, white room. I thought to myself that maybe it isn’t so bad living here. Little did I know that I would soon despise this entire white jail.

The woman showed me around the building a little bit, like the cafeteria, gym, library, garden etc. After she showed me around, she told me I had to take... these pills. Why do I have to take pills? I have nothing wrong with me. In fact, why am I even here? I’m not mental. They probably made a mistake. Oh well,
it’s a cute room. I was sitting on my bed watching TV and looked at the clock. 2:59 pm. I’m bored. There isn’t anything to do in this place. Maybe later I could go to the library and get a few books to bring back to my room. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock on the door. It’s probably that 'doctor' woman again. I walked to the door and opened it and what I saw surprised me. It was that guy again. The one in the hallway. I knew he was real. That doctor girl is wrong again. He isn’t a side effect of the medicine. 

"Hi there! I saw you come in earlier and I thought I would come over and say hello."

 I was surprised with what he said. He looked so shy and quiet and almost.... scary.

"Well umm... hi there. I guess."

"Don’t be so shy, it makes me feel unwanted..."

Ok who is this guy? I felt really bad after seeing his face. He looked so sad.

"NO! It’s not like that, it’s just I didn’t expect anyone to really... talk to me in this place."

"Well that’s not sad, haha. Well now I can be your best friend since I don’t think you really have any friends here right? Haha just kidding"

Okay, this guy is annoying but.... he’s interesting. We started to talk a little bit more about random things, about the institute, the food, the annoying nurses and more and I immediately felt comfortable with him but I still wanted to know more about him. His name, why he is in this hospital and so much more.

"And the food here! Oh my god it’s disgusting! Well, at least the rice and chicken is. It’s somehow burnt On the outside but raw on the inside."

"Oh my god that sounds terrible! I'll make sure I never order that. Haha.... but there is something I wanted To ask you."

"Speak."

"Who are you?"

His facial expression abruptly changed from happy and cheerful to cold and deadly but almost I saw something else in his eyes it was... I think... fear.

"You don’t need to know that."

I felt scared at his sudden change. Is he bipolar? Is that why he's here? I saw him look at the clock that showed 3:59 and his face changed again. He looked like he was late for something. Like he was going to die if he doesn’t do something. 

"I have to go now. BYE!! See you again next time!"

I was speechless and I felt scared. It felt like he was never going to come back if I let him go. Even though he said he would see me next time I felt scared. I tried asking him where he was going but nothing came out. Why can't I speak? Maybe I’m just too shocked at his sudden change. I hope I see him again.