Chapter 8

Best Friend's Boyfriend

New & Last School Year of High School!

The moment that Jiyeon and Suzy have been waiting for has finally come; they are seniors and they control the school. They plan to rule the school as the best seniors/class ever known. It is the first day of school and Jiyeon didn't look excited about the last year of high school. And to make her first day worse, the first person she saw was Myungsoo. Jiyeon immediately looked away when Myungsoo made eye contact with her. Myungsoo was going to wave hello at her but when she looked away he became heartbroken. Myungsoo started feeling a sense of wanting to be by Jiyeon's side when he saw her so lifeless and sad.

I have not felt this feeling ever since I started dating Suzy, Myungsoo thought.

Why did I have to see him first thing in the morning, Jiyeon thought while pacing around.

"What's wrong?" asked Suzy.  

Jiyeon was just staring blankly and didn't notice Suzy next to her. Suzy continuously waved her hand in front of Jiyeon's face until Jiyeon finally noticed.

"Oh hey. When did you get here?" Jiyeon said not wholeheartedly.

"I was talking to you but you were spacing out for a few minutes until I finally got your attention," said Suzy.

"Oh sorry. I've just been thinking a lot," said Jiyeon.

"What about? Is something wrong?" asked Suzy worriedly.

"Oh no, nothing's wrong. You don't need to worry about me," said Jiyeon reassuringly.

"Okay, if you say so, but brighten up a little. It's finally our senior year," said Suzy excitedly.

The school bell rang throughout the halls and groans from all the students could be heard as they dragged their feet to their homeroom classes. Jiyeon and Suzy were happy that they were in the same homeroom class so they walked together full of excitement. Upon entering the classroom, Suzy saw her boyfriend, Myungsoo, and happily went towards him while linking arms with Jiyeon. Jiyeon looked resistant to going towards him but Suzy was dragging her along so she didn't have a choice. Myungsoo's smile towards Suzy almost immediately faded upon seeing Jiyeon.

"Hello babe," said Suzy cheerfully.

"Um...hello...h-h-how are y-y-you?" asked Myungsoo awkwardly.

"I'm good but what's wrong with you?" asked Suzy worriedly.

"Nothing, nothing. Just come sit down next to me," said Myungsoo while glancing at Jiyeon.

Class was about to start and Jiyeon sat at an empty table beside Myungsoo's table. Myungsoo and Jiyeon were pretty much beside each other with Suzy next to the window. When their teacher walked into the room, a boy was following close behind. The teacher introduced the boy as a new student at their school. The teacher also told everyone to be nice and welcoming to make this first and last year memorable for the new student.

The new student bowed and said, "Hello everyone, my name is...."