Chapter 3

Best Friend's Boyfriend

Jiyeon and Suzy are currently at their favorite mall which they drove two hours in order to get there. They got out of the car excitedly and with big smiles. The first store they went into was of course Forever 21. They bought tanks, shorts, shoes, dresses, bikinis, and purses. Jiyeon was buying clothes for a trip she is going on with her parents for a month. Suzy was buying clothes because she never has enough. 

"I'm going to miss you. Can you not go? Or how about you take me with you?" said Suzy.

"Haha. I'm going to miss you too and no, you can't come with us, I'm sorry," said Jiyeon.

"Fine. I'll have to find someone else to hang out with for a month. Oh! I can call Myungsoo," said Suzy.

"Myungsoo? You got his number? How? When?" asked Jiyeon curiously.

"Yes, Myungsoo. Of course I got his number. I'm trying to get him to go out with me remember? I kept bugging him about it and on the last day of school. Why so curious?" said Suzy.

"Oh... no reason, just curious because you don't usually chase after a guy. You usually seduce the guy," said Jiyeon.

"Yeah, that's true but I believe that he is different," said Suzy.

"Oh.. well... good for you," said Jiyeon with a sad tone.

"Yup! I'm happy that I got his number and as a matter of fact, I'm going to call him right now to come here to hang out with us since he is going to be my future boyfriend and he has to be comfortable around my best friend," said Suzy excitedly.

"Oh no. Don't call him. I thought it was suppose to be our hang out day before I go next week," said Jiyeon nervously, "Plus don't you remember that Myungsoo and I are already pretty close friends, so you don't have to worry about the two of us not getting along or being uncomfortable around each other."

"Right! I forgot that you guys were friends. But it's fine, we can still invite him, and just the two of us can still hang out this week before you go," said Suzy reassuringly.

"Okay... I guess," said Jiyeon.

"Alright great," said Suzy.

As Suzy went to call Myungsoo, Jiyeon went outside of the store to go buy some dessert. While Jiyeon was walking, she couldn't stop thinking about Myungsoo and how much she wished he wouldn't go out with Suzy. Jiyeon didn't know how to tell her best friend that Myungsoo was the guy she is crushing on. Jiyeon was too kind of a girl to destroy her best friend's happiness. She would rather give up her own happiness than lose her best friend over a guy. After she got her dessert, she started to walk back to Forever 21 and she bumped into Myungsoo at the entrance. 

"Hey," said Myungsoo.

"Oh hi," said Jiyeon awkwardly, "You agreed to come hang out with Suzy?"

"Yeah.. about that... she kind of forced me to come here," said Myungsoo.

"Oh, haha. That sounds like something she would do," said Jiyeon, "You should get use to it if you are going to go out with her."

"Who said I was going to go out with her?" asked Myungsoo.

"Huh? You're not going to? Suzy sounded so confident when she told me that she will make you go out with her," said Jiyeon.

"She is definitely trying really hard but I think there is no effect because I already like someone else," said Myungsoo shyly.

"You do?! Um.. I mean oh that's nice," said Jiyeon.

"Yeah. You know her too," said Myungsoo while looking at her intently.

"Oh, do I really? Who is she?" asked Jiyeon.

"Just someone you know really well," said Myungsoo.

"Myungsoo!" yelled Suzy from inside the store.

Myungsoo turns around and said, "Oh hello."

"You made it. I thought you didn't want to come," said Suzy.

"I just thought that it would be kind of fun to hang out with Jiyeon.. I mean the two of you," said Myungsoo.

Me? Jiyeon thought.

"Oh sure. It will be loads of fun. Let's go eat something," said Suzy.

Suzy suddenly grabbed Myungsoo's arm and walked off. Jiyeon tagged along behind them. It seemed like Suzy and Myungsoo were going on a date and Jiyeon was third-wheeling. Myungsoo kept pulling his arm away from Suzy's grasp but she would continue to grab it anyway. Jiyeon felt really uncomfortable so she lied about being not hungry and they could go eat without her. Suzy's face suddenly brightened up because she was going to use that opportunity to be alone with Myungsoo. Before Myungsoo could say anything, Jiyeon walked away and Suzy dragged him to a place to eat. Jiyeon was walking around and didn't know where to go so she decided to just go home. Before she called her mom to pick her up, she called Suzy to let her know. During the phone call, Suzy kept thanking Jiyeon as if she planned to leave Suzy and Myungsoo alone. Jiyeon told Suzy to have a good time and to use this opportunity well. Jiyeon was hesitating whether to call or text Myungsoo to apologize, but she ended up doing nothing and just called her mom to pick her up. When Jiyeon got home, she took a shower and decided to start packing. Next thing you know it becomes dark. It was 9 P.M. and she finally decided to text Myungsoo.

*TEXTS*

Jiyeon: Sorry about leaving early.

Myungsoo: It's okay. Why did you leave anyway? I wanted you to stay.

Jiyeon: I left so you two can have some alone time. And you did?!

Myungsoo: Yeah of course I did. You're one of my good friends since freshman year and we have never hung out before.

Jiyeon: Oh, that's why.

Myungsoo: What? Did you expect something else?

Jiyeon: No. Of course not. I agree that we are good friends.

Myungsoo: Okay, good. Cause I was getting kind of scared there for a moment.

Jiyeon: Sorry. I just kind of misinterpreted something you said.

Myungsoo: What? 

Jiyeon: It's nothing.

Myungsoo: Alright.

Jiyeon: Well, goodnight and sleep tight.

Myungsoo: You too.

*END*

Jiyeon sighs deeply in disappointment. Myungsoo on the other hand was smiling from ear to ear while looking at Jiyeon's last text. 

For a moment there, I thought he liked me back, Jiyeon thought.

I need to tell Jiyeon my feelings, Myungsoo thought after much contemplation.