My little angel.

The Monster's red eyes.

WHAT ???? THREE SUBSCRIBER BEFORE I EVEN PUBLISH MY UNBETAREAD CHAP? U ARE SO COOL PEOPLE AND I AM FANGIRLING HERE.

-MBD-

----------------------

Kyungsoo was a broken soul, a shaking clothed fragile body holding desperately on the poor phone in his small shaken hand. Despite his sixteen years old, Kyungsoo felt like aging twenty years as soon as he joined the new school. His last school was locked down due to some suspicious suicides as well as many reports of cyber bullying and so he changed the school as many did. He hated his old school but couldn’t help it and felt a sudden jolt of insecurity. At least, he knew who didn’t like him in that school.

He just ended a call, reassuring his mother that he was fine and that he can manage to find his way. His steps were steady despite everything and he reached the glass front door and stood there closing his eyes for mere a second before opening them while exhaling loudly. He looked in front of him, emptying his mind when the sight in front of him froze every hair in his body.

Two red orbits were reflecting in the glass of the door and he looked behind, ready to scream but found no one to begin with. He checked in the door and back to where he was sure the creature with red eyes was, in a hidden dark spot way behind him, but reassuringly he didn’t see the two red eyes again.

“It must be my imagination… surely.” He mumbled, pathetically trying to calm himself down.

He pulled the door open and stepped in, a burning feeling of being stalked bothering him. He held on his bag as he pushed the phone’s case inside his pocket and stood in front of an aging woman.

“Hi, Madam. I’m Do Kyungsoo and I’m here to get my schedule.” He said handing the woman a paper he managed to snatch from the pockets of his uniform's pants.

“Oh, sure. B-25, you don’t have morning classes right now, so it would be better if you visit the school.” Kyungsoo was surprised to hear her saying that he had no morning classes. He smiled warmly and stepped away bowing to the woman. He walked around to notice that actually the school which was a five level high building had big rooms for different activities, as Taekwondo, Aikido, Dance, Music, Chess, and other extra activities. He found most of the classes full already, with serious faces practicing heartedly. He wondered which activity club he should join. He was walking around until it was time for the lunch break, and he made his way to the cafeteria. Everybody bumped on him like he was unseen, and he ended by being uncomfortable with their scolding stares.

He looked down and walked inside trying to find an empty seat when he saw that there was an empty spot right in the corner of the room. He took his part of the school simple yet tasty lunch and put it down in that spot which made everybody go silent. He noticed the eyes on him and, taken aback by the overwhelming fear he had, he looked toward the kid sitting next to him.

“W-Why is e-everybody is looking at me like this?”

One of the kids sitting in front of him smiled reassuringly. “You are new, aren’t you? The newcomers do the same mistake so don’t worry.” The kid said as he pushed the kid next to him away. “Make some space you giant! Come and sit here.”  Obedient and scared less, Kyungsoo moved his plate to that small space given when as he took his bag; he  saw a stick in the side of the table. It was written in red:

THE MONSTER.

However, as he stared at it for a moment, he could read a Kim Jong In written just behind.

“Kim Jong In.” He mumbled weakly, to the extent nobody heard him but soon noticed someone standing next to him. He looked up but soon a hand landing on his neck made him look down.

“What are you doing here?” the voice was dark and creeping the hell out of Kyungsoo. He knew that his was saved when he didn’t look at the owner of the voice. He stepped away from that spot and kept bowing until he sat keeping his eyes on his plate. He heard something being torn from the table but didn’t dare to look and see what is it. It’s only when he heard steps fading that he looked up to notice a rather taller kid walking away.

“Oh my god…” the kid sitting next to the empty spot said loudly,  a rarety due to the shock. “He tore his name tag from the table and put down another one.”

“Really?” “Who?” all Kyungsoo heard before hearing his name being called by the crowd that gathered in front of him was. “Who the hell is Do Kyungsoo?”

He was about to raise his hand when the kid who was pushed away held him from doing so. “Why do you care? It must be one of the juniors.” The kid said.

“Chanyeol, shut up.” The kid in Kyungsoo’s left, who was so kind to offer Kyungsoo a spot, said in horror.

“Why so? Aren’t we the only ones sitting in the monster’s table? He’s no more sitting here so no need to make fuzz.” Chanyeol said while frowning.

“Ow, Yoda had some guts.”

Instead of Chanyeol reacting to it, the whole table stood up. “Dare to say that again.” Kyungsoo observed as seven kids stood up in anger. Soon enough, three other kids stood behind him.

“What is going on again? What is it this time?” The strict tone made Kyungsoo glance at the tall man behind him. The crowd dispersed without a word, and soon the three kids stood in front of Jongin’s name tag. “It’s surprising that he took off the name tag without making fuzz. I wonder who is the unlucky to sit here.” This time, Kyungsoo raised his hand hesitantly, and it made the kid speaking raise an eyebrow in surprise.  “Come and sit in your spot, please.”

Kyungsoo glanced over Chanyeol who didn’t speak and sat back in his previous spot. This time he felt electrified by the contact of his body with the wooden chair and he didn’t know why.  

“I hope to not hear any trouble coming from any of you.” The kid said and he walked away, while some huffed in the table. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo lost his appetit because all he wanted was to run.

“Why… why do you call him the monster?” his petite voice made the kids in the table either smirk or awe at his sudden cuteness.

“Well, because he is. He never ate here, now that i think of it." The kid next him said before offering his hand for a shake. “anyway I’m Oh Sehun, the youngest in this table … well unless you are a junior as well…”

“Oh no, no, no, I’m a sophomore. I’m Do Kyungsoo by the way…” he realized that they may have figured it out already, and he blushed looking to his food. “As you know all already. ”

“You are cute as F.” Surprised by the sudden comment, Kyungsoo looked over a kid in the other side of the table. “I’m Minseok, Kim Minseok, a Senior, and the leader of this small group of freaks.“

Kyungsoo bowed and soon the others followed Minseok’s example: Jun Myun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol in the line facing Kyungsoo while Yixing, Jong Dae, and Sehun in his side.

“I’m happy to meet you all.” Kyungsoo offered a well hearted smile that made the kids smile. They ended the Lunch break with loud chitchat. As each left for his respective classroom, Kyungsoo felt like his heart was about burst out of his chest. He was nervous but soon felt relieved that his afternoon period went on smoothly.

As the school day ended, and the night class started, Kyungsoo managed to find an empty classroom where he can rewrite peacefully all the missing lessons.  Three months passed by since the start of the school year after all. He was so caught up to not notice the same red eyes looking at him with a hint of amusement, despite the anger and darkness that consumed them.

The most amusing was to see Kyungsoo making cute faces while writing. Jongin found it almost heart melting. Sadly, I don’t have a heart.

“Kyungsoo?” a male voice made Jongin step further back in the dark closet where he locked himself as soon as he heard someone getting in. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh! Baekhyun. I’m writing down the classes I missed.” He said as he showed, pouting cutely, the lessons he was writing down.

“This much? Come; let’s see if the rest are here so we can help you. If you need any explanation, Minseok hyung will love to help you. Jun Myun hyung and he are real nerds; they will love to explain to all of this.”

Kyungsoo was dragged before he could object, and Jongin smiled as he stepped out. His sight was appealing, to be honest. He stood where Kyungsoo was to find a phone case. He opened it to see that Kyungsoo phone’s wallpaper was an arm full of cuts. It shocked Jongin extremely.

He couldn’t imagine that Kyungsoo would be that kind of kids to do that. He was so alive.

He looked at the door as someone was rushing in and soon he was facing Kyungsoo. The last gasped in horror, as he woke up from his daze when he noticed the slender beautiful body standing where he was sitting, while fear was rushing through his veins but he didn’t step away, even if Jongin suddenly walked toward him and leaned closer to make Kyungsoo see clearly the pure bloody red color in his eyes.

Kyungsoo found it suddenly fascinating but it was creepy as hell. Meanwhile, he didn’t feel the phone slipping inside his pocket until it started ringing. It broke the silence of the moment and Kyungsoo blinked before looking away, reaching for his phone. He looked at the caller’s ID before looking back at Jongin, who found it rather surprising as Kyungsoo's eyes showed a different expression; indeed, a sudden feeling of bitterness surrounded Kyungsoo suddenly.

“I knew you won’t leave me alone.” The chuckle in the other line made Kyungsoo’s face twitch in pain.  However, he didn’t have the chance to hear what the kid said because a hand, a very cold hand, snatched the phone away. Kyungsoo looked surprised at the sudden angry expression shown in Jongin’s face before he could end the call.

“Never answer the phone when he calls you.” It was all what Jongin said before leaving the room. Kyungsoo stepped out of the room, emotions mixed up in his mind. He could see a surprised Baekhyun looking at his way.

“What is it?” Baekhyun asked him. “What did he tell you?”

“Nothing.” Kyungsoo said, blinking his confusion away and smiling to Baekhyun. “Let’s go?”

“Come on.” Kyungsoo let Baekhyun drag him away while he knew that two red eyes were piercing his skin in a dangerously deep manner.

The next day, Kyungsoo managed to be at school earlier than any other student, a habit so he can avoid the bullies, and got in the corridors, walking around carelessly until he bumped on someone. He didn’t need to look up because he knew it was Jongin.

“Good morning.” Kyungsoo said, being polite, and didn’t wait for a reply when Jongin’s hand held him.

“Good morning, kiddo.” The last word made Kyungsoo look at the kid with confused expression. “What?”

“Nothing.” Kyungsoo said looking away and the chuckle he heard made his blood freeze in his veins.

“You know. I don’t interact with the students here.” Jongin’s voice seemed dangerously close and Kyungsoo swallowed in fear. “Mostly because they scream in fear when they see me.” A hand on his chin made him look up to a very close Jongin. “I know you are scared like them… but you don’t scream.”

“I knew scarier people than you.” It surprised Jongin for a second, before he could chuckle again.

“I guess you did.” It was all what Jongin did say before leaving. Kyungsoo soon noticed kids looking at him with outrageously wide eyes. He soon rushed to his classroom to start a new scholar day.

It went smoothly for five more days, five days when he managed to get used to Jongin’s cold hands, his beautiful and well propotionned face to which the red eyes gave some charm, and to his deep toned chuckles, before Kyungsoo’s life turned upside down. His nightmare begin when he was in his locker picking his book.

“Did you miss me, freaky frog?” The voice was so familiar that it made Kyungsoo almost drop his bag. He looked over his ex-school bully, and gasped in horror in the process of realizing that he was real and not Kyungsoo’s imagination. “You didn’t answer my calls so I am here to check on you.” The kid landed a hand on Kyungsoo’s hair to which the kid reacted and tried to avoid it. “Wow, one week away from me and you are already rebelling.”

“You can’t hurt me.” Kyungsoo said, with a shaken voice, as he faked some assurance he didn’t have. “I will report you if you step closer to me.”

However, the kid did even push harshly Kyungsoo to his locker, making Kyungsoo’s head bounce painfully with the iron surface. “Why won’t you do it right now? Do you think I can fear like you?”

“You should, probably, fear his friends.” The cold voice made the bully look at Jongin and jumping away with a scream of horror.  Jongin pulled Kyungsoo closer, and surrounded his shoulders with a protective arm. “He’s my blood supply, so unless you want to replace him, better for you to keep your hands away from him. Did you understand me, ?” Jongin was speaking so calmly it almost seemed like he was extremely serious and crazy. Almost...?

The bully ran away and Jongin left Kyungsoo’s side. It made Kyungsoo feel empty and scared so he rushed after Jongin but didn’t find him despite the fact he spent the whole lunch break seeking for him.  At the end of the evening class, he met up with his friends for a cup of coffee offered in the cafeteria, alongside with other kind of hot drinks.

“Guys. Where does Jongin live?” he asked them.

“Who?” they didn’t seem to know who was it and Kyungsoo didn’t want to call Jongin a monster.

“The kid of the empty spot.” Kyungsoo pointed to where he was sitting and they made a knowing sound before they frowned.

“Why do you want to know?”

“Well, I come here before the gate could open and yet I find him here so I wondered if… he lives here.”

The kids gave him “I don’t know “signs without saying a word and he sighed. He excused himself and skipped the night classes, seeking for Jongin everywhere.

He almost lost hope until he saw an open gate in the fifth level. “The roof!” he rushed in and noticed a man standing in the middle of the empty space. “Jongin?” He was welcomed by red bright spots in the middle of the darkness and he almost did bricks.  

“What do you want?” the question made Kyungsoo freeze.

“You … you saved me so I came to thank you and tell you that I owe you one so… don’t hesitate on asking me anything you want.” Kyungsoo shyly said, almost mumbled but as he looked up, Jongin was already standing right in front of him.

“What would I want from a weak person like you?”

“I don’t know… a friend?” Jongin chuckled at first but ended by laughing.

“Friend?” A sudden crazy expression appeared in Kyungsoo's sight as the moon appeared from behind the clouds. Jongin truly looked like someone losing it. “Friend to stab me in the back? Friend to throw me away? No thanks, my family did enough already.” Kyungsoo widened his eyes in shock. “What? Shocked? Surprised? Didn’t your parents treat you as a freak? Didn’t they?”

“Jongin…”

“Why you keep calling my name? Nobody knows my name… nobody! I’m nobody! A simple ghost of this ing school!” Kyungsoo would step back in such cases but instead he observed silently as Jongin was babbling, pulling his hair and soul with every memory.  “Do you know the craziest part of this story?” Kyungsoo shook his head. “All what I wanted was to be ing loved… but they hated me instead.” It made Kyungsoo shed a tear, his wide eyes observing as Jongin fell on his knees and screamed his heart out.

It did hurt Kyungsoo to see that even Jongin with scary eyes was bullied somehow. “I am sure someone likes you… I like you.” Jongin looked at Kyungsoo like if the man lost his mind. A heavy silence fell and they kept it for a while.

“You shouldn’t like someone who can kill you in mere seconds and enjoy it, Kyungsoo.” Jongin’s words made Kyungsoo feel shivers in his spin but he smiled at it.

“I would be glad to be useful at something if you enjoyed it, Jongin.” Jongin stood after a long heavy moment of silence and stepped closer to Kyungsoo.

“Don’t tempt the devil, my little Angel.” And for that Kyungsoo was left alone in an empty roof, smiling happily.

My Little angel…

He walked out of the roof to face an old line of lockers in the fifth level. It shocked him to see the word monster written in one of them, and knew it was Jongin’s.

He stood in front of it and caressed it. “Why do they keep calling him a monster?”

“HEY!!” A scream made Kyungsoo jump and look at three students rushing in his way. “What the are you doing here? This level is prohibited.”

“I … I was…”

“He must be new, Jong.” One of the three said. “Let it slide.”

The two others nodded and they stepped away, giving Kyungsoo space to leave but he didn’t move. “Won’t you leave this place?”

“Why would I leave? Why is this place prohibited?” Kyungsoo was shaking in fear but he didn’t budge. “Is it because of Jongin?”

They gasped and rushed toward him, shutting him up and pushing him toward the stairs. Kyungsoo fought the best he could but he was alone facing the three of them. They soon pushed him inside a class in the fourth level.

“How did you know his name?” One of them asked as they locked the door. “HOW DID YOU?”

“He tore his nametag from his spot in the cafeteria and put mine… so I managed to read it in black behind the red “Monster.”" Kyungsoo said, scared to death.

“Oh so you are the famous Mr. Do Kyungsoo.” They laughed at it. “We truly thought you were a future monster.”

“He’s not a Monster!” Kyungsoo yelled. “Jongin is my friend and he’s not a monster.”

They looked at him in surprise. “Your friend? Do you think we can believe such lie?”

“I never lie.” Kyungsoo hissed. “We are friend, and nobody can change that.”

“You know… “One of them said after a long silence. “You should know the truth behind that monster.”

“He’s not a ing monster! STOP THE ING ! KIM JONGIN IS NOT A MONSTER!” Kyungsoo yelled, an unidentified anger rushing through his veins. “You are the monsters! You are treating him like he is a monster while all he want is to be respected yet to be left alone.  He’s not a monster. He’s just a person who don’t trust people easily.”

“That monster don’t exist.” The words leaving the kid’s lips, made Kyungsoo freeze.

“What?”

“I said… your friend don’t exist. We don’t see a full body sometimes but just red eyes in a dark corner. We all did see it, when we were junior to our senior year. It like… he’s a ghost living here.”

“That is not true!” Kyungsoo hissed. “Jongin is not a ghost. He held my hand many time, and he surrounded my shoulders today. He saved me from a bully, and even said that I was an angel. He exist, he’s normal, it’s just you … all of you in this school who believe in such superstitions.” Kyungsoo was in the verge of crying. “Who knows why his eyes are red? It can be a different case of albinism, or an accident. You all judged him because of his eyes… and I’m saying he's a good friend because of how secure I feel when he’s around. Kim Jongin is not a monster… Kim Jongin is another version of me… a stronger one… “

“Dude… you are so blind…” One of them said when his friend held his shoulder.

“He’s sincere.” He said to his friend. “So, probably, the monster allowed someone to get close to him. However, if you end up hurt…” he said looking toward Kyungsoo. “I just hope you won’t be alone.”

Kyungsoo smirked. “Hurt? That is something I got used to, already. Don’t worry yourself about me.” The kids left, speaking among themselves while Kyungsoo fell on his knees, letting his tears fall. “A ghost? Were they speaking seriously?”

He forced himself to stand up and noticed two red eyes shining in a very dark corner of the stairs. It made his heart squeeze in fear but he reminded himself that it’s Jongin.

“Jongin…” his voice was broken as he stepped out of the class but soon the red eyes faded. Kyungsoo walked up to pick his bag and was about to leave the level, sniffing his tears, when he noticed Jongin standing there.

As soon as they saw each other, Jongin stood right in front of him. “Never say that we are friends.” Jongin warned. “Don’t do it.”

“Why? Because it’s not true? For you at least, it isn’t, but I consider you as my friend, Jongin.” Kyungsoo said, his hand reaching for Jongin’s arm. The contact of his fingertips with the soft material of Jongin’s white shirt, made relief wash over Kyungsoo’s body. “And you are not a monster… you are not a ghost because… I can touch you, can’t I?”

Jongin kept silence, observing Kyungsoo deeply. “They are right about me, Soo.” Kyungsoo blushed in mere seconds, Jongin noticed, and couldn’t help but smile at it. “Go study, little one”

Jongin walked away, and Kyungsoo walked down, obediently listening to Jongin’s order when he met with a worried Baekhyun.

“Where were you? I’ve been looking for you?”

“I was in the roof with Jongin.” Kyungsoo said simply. Baekhyun froze and soon pulled Kyungsoo to the men restroom.  “What is it?”

“Did he touch you?” Kyungsoo nodded at Baekhyun’s sudden question. “Where?” He raised his hand and Baekhyun rushed out to return with a small bag. “What is this?”

“Salt.” Baekhyun said before pouring down a small amount. It did hurt Kyungsoo instantly so the kid screamed in pain. Baekhyun held him and soothed calming voice. “It’s okay. It will fade soon.” Kyungsoo observed as the salt turned black and he faced Baekhyun,  eyes bulging out of shock and raw confusion.

“What did happen? What is it?”

Baekhyun sighed. “I think it’s time to tell you the truth.” He pulled Kyungsoo to the cafeteria where the small team used to meet up and study. “Guys… We need to tell Kyungsoo the truth.”

Chanyeol and Sehun looked up in surprise. “What truth?” Minseok asked, his mind calculating other things than Baekhyun’s answer.

“About the monster.” Baekhyun’s answer made them all look up and study Kyungsoo.

“What did he do to Kyungsoo?”

“Nothing!” Kyungsoo hissed. “He did nothing. He just held my hand…”

“Held your what?” Jun Myun made a horrified expression standing up and looked at Baekhyun. “Did you purify it?”

“I did. However, we need to explain it to Kyungsoo. We were warned by our parents… while he’s a complete new kid to this school.”

“Your parents?” Kyungsoo felt dizzy, he didn’t know what the hell happened but as soon as he saw the fear in his friends’ eyes, something inside him start stirring all the emotions he was containing.

“That… thing you were with at the roof lived here for… years. My parents saw him, Jun Myun and Sehun’s parent did encounter him.” Baekhyun started and Kyungsoo felt like his knees failed him so he fell on a seat, shocked by the information.

“It must be someone else.”

“Dude… the word monster written in his name tag is my dad hand writing.” Sehun said with a serious blank face. “He told me that he saw the monster pulling someone in the stairs up the roof. Since then, nobody saw that said someone. The teachers ignore his existence and whenever the director come to see what is going on, he never come when the monster is here…”

“Why?”

“Because, we think, that the monster is someone who died here and was locked in the school area.” Minseok said. “Did you ever saw Jongin out of the school?” He asked the kids and they all shook their heads.  “See…”

“But maybe it’s all rumors… maybe the kid your parents knew was Jongin’s father and he inherited his eyes… maybe… it’s all a misunderstanding.” Kyungsoo’s eyes were filled with tears. “He was nice to me… he’s always nice to me… he… he even saved me from a bully… and he confided to me.”  Kyungsoo stood, sobbing. “I don’t believe you… Jongin is not a monster… you are just… misunderstanding it.”

“They aren’t.” Jongin’s voice made the whole team lock their eyes with the books while Kyungsoo looked up and met Jongin’s eyes. “They didn’t lie to you… I’ve been here for years… I’m not human.”

“Then what are you?”

“I don’t know.” Jongin said calmly, smiling at Kyungsoo. “Don’t cry. I don’t want to touch your face so they won’t have to pour salt on it.”

Baekhyun went pale and suddenly he heard a TUD!  “I don’t ing care.” Kyungsoo hissed and they all looked up to notice Kyungsoo hugging a stiff Jongin. “I like you, Kim Jongin. You are my friend, and nothing in the world can change that.” It shocked the kids in the cafeteria but mostly Jongin, who for the first time in ages felt the warmness of a hug. Soon, his own arms held Kyungsoo tighter.

“You are too nice to be real, Soo.” Jongin mumbled. “Too nice to be real.”

Kyungsoo’s face heated up. He called me Soo again… “I am real… as much as you are.” It made Jongin smile as he pushed Kyungsoo away.

“Thank you.” He heard some gasps as he said so but he was so focused on Kyungsoo to care. “I’ll be leaving you study. Good night, Soo.”

“Good night, Jonginnie.” Kyungsoo said with a huge smile, and noticed as Jongin looked back to him that the kid was surprised by the nickname and smiled as well. It was most cute and amazing smile Kyungsoo ever saw from Jongin. As Jongin was out of the sight, Kyungsoo looked back to his friends. “He’s a nice person, isn’t he?”

They didn’t speak at first but soon, Sehun bluntly exploded the bomb. “He never spoke this much to someone, let along to thank him.”

“That because I don’t see him as a monster.” Kyungsoo said sitting next to Baekhyun. “I don’t see what he is if he’s not human. Also, if he was really a ghost or something like that, why nobody spoke about in TV?”

“They did.” Jong Dae said. “I’ll show you.” Jong Dae gave Kyungsoo his tab where a video was displayed. Kyungsoo soon saw a team getting in the school when it’s empty, it was by night, and Kyungsoo guessed it was a summer time.

“We have been reported that there is a living ghost in this school, seen by neighbors as well as the students of the school.” Soon some blurry faces appeared to speak about their experience.

“He scares us even by day. Everybody warned us from looking at his eyes because you may end up killed by him.”

“My mother told me once that they found a student who dared the monster dead in the roof. “

“My parents who were the first generation of students in that school described him well to me… it was the same kid since their generation.”

The reporter appeared again. “It seemed that this spirit is materializing into a kid’s form, but is far from possessing it since it’s the same description for the thirty years that followed the creation of this school.” Kyungsoo felt his throat being squeezed as many drawing of Jongin appeared as the woman spoke. “All the people I interviewed described him the same way. “ Suddenly, a noise made them freeze. “This way…” they silently walked toward the stairway and walked up.

They visited the second level when a noise in the higher level was heard. They rushed up until they got in the fifth level. They stood in there for a second before hearing the gate of the roof being closed loudly and locked but despite the short distance they didn’t manage to have a glimpse of the person in the stairs or of red eyes. The video ended at it.

“The rest of the documentary was only about testimonies of people who… killed themselves just after that interview.” Jong Dae said. “Now you see?”

“So… Jongin is really a ghost?” they nodded their heads and Kyungsoo lowered his, feeling his tears about to fall.

“Don’t cry, Hyung…” Sehun said as he handed a tissue.

“I’m not crying.” Kyungsoo said, despite the tears he shed. “I’m confused, I’m dizzy, and I want to go home now. Maybe a nice night of sleep will help me out to make the order in my mind.”

He stood and took his back bag when a hand held him. He soon was face to face with Yixing who rarely spoke. “You are an angel, Do Kyungsoo… A little Angel.”

Kyungsoo looked at Yixing for a second before smiling. “He said the same to me.” They didn’t get it at first but soon the realization hit them hard. The monster called him an angel. Kyungsoo was already facing the gate before freezing. It was eight pm, and he wasn’t supposed to leave the school before ten. He turn to face the school building when he noticed Jongin standing right behind him.

“Oh! I didn’t hear you.” Kyungsoo said holding Jongin’s hand. “Do you want to go out and eat something?”

Jongin blinked in surprise. “Are you nuts? How can I hide my eyes from the world?” Kyungsoo thought of it then snapped his fingers.

“I got it! Come with me.” Jongin was suddenly pulled back to the cafeteria, ignoring the curious and shocked expressions around them. They stood in front of Baekhyun who jumped in fear at the sight of Jongin in front of him. “Baekhyun, can you lend me one of your dark colored lenses? I’ll repay you.”

“Okay. But you owe me one.” Kyungsoo held the small lenses box and asked Jongin to sit. “Do you know how to use them?” Kyungsoo froze and looked at Baekhyun who suddenly stood. “Let’s the expert do his work.”

Jong Dae stood. “Baek…”

“Don’t worry. If Soo says that he’s not a monster then he’s not a monster.” Baekhyun smiled reassuringly but Jongin swore that he saw the kid’s hand shaking. Soon beautiful hands appeared in his sight. “Don’t move your eyes too much.” Jongin froze them completely and let Baekhyun apply the lenses on him. As Baekhyun stepped back, he was surprised to find the man in front of him quite human and harmless. “Blue suit you more than red. Keep them.” Jongin blinked in surprise.

“Thank you, Baekhyun!” Kyungsoo yelled in happiness. “I’ll leave my back bag with you Chanyeol, okay? See you tomorrow guys.” Jongin was pulled again out of the building and as soon as they reached the gate, Jongin froze and Kyungsoo looked at him in confusion. “What is it?”

“It’s my first time out of the school in thirty years.”

Kyungsoo smiled at it. “Don’t worry. We will be back before ten pm; I need to fetch my bag from Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo stepped out first and offered his hand to Jongin who grabbed it and stepped out. Kyungsoo observed how scared Jongin felt. “Don’t worry too much. We aren’t going to get lost or something; we will go and eat then come back.”

Jongin nodded and followed Kyungsoo who sighed in content. “It’s good to be the top 50 of your school, you know.” Kyungsoo said with a happy smile. “It give you some freedom.”

“Freedom?” Jongin asked him curiously. “I didn’t know you felt locked up in that school.”

“Well, weren’t you?” Kyungsoo asked him innocently. With a fallen expression, Jongin nodded and soon awed as he noticed that they left the empty area of the school to stand facing a busy with life kind of street. “Wow! Come, let’s try some fried fishes.”

“I don’t like fish.” Jongin pouted. “And I don’t have money.”

“Shut up and let the hyung do his work.” Kyungsoo teased earning a soft slap in his back.

“I’m the hyung here.” Jongin said to receive a childish reaction from Kyungsoo who pulled him to the stand and bought for him two sticks of fries. Jongin glared at the food before letting it melt in his lips. His reaction was instinctive as he jumped. “Soo! Soo! It’s so delicious!” Kyungsoo laughed so hard at Jongin’s cute expression.

“I know right? Taste this.” Jongin opened his mouth to receive a bite of rice cakes dipped in hot sauce. “How is it?”

“It’s so yummy.” Jongin was living and Kyungsoo felt happy to realize that. They soon made the tour of the neighborhood, Jongin enjoying different foods, before heading back to the school. The sight shocked them so they ran.  The building was on fire. Soon Chanyeol appeared in his sight and Kyungsoo rushed to his friend.

“What happened?”

“We were heading to our classes when suddenly we heard an explosion from the cafeteria.” Chanyeol said while Jun Myun and Minseok were pulling a screaming Jong Dae.

“BAEKHYUN!” The scream made Jongin react fast and the kid rushed in seeking for the kid with beautiful hands and didn’t take time to find him unconscious under bench of flipped tables. He managed to free him and held him in bridal style. Soon enough, firefighters appeared but the fire had consumed the entire first and second level while Jongin stepped out of the fire with an unconscious body in his arms. “BAEK!” Jong Dae rushed toward Jongin and held Baekhyun’s face checking on him.  “Baekhyun, are you okay?”

“I found him under a flipped table so I think it knocked him down.” Jongin said before stepping inside and picking corpses and people unconscious from here and there. They all saw him doing so, and thanked him not knowing that the person they prized for his heroism was no other than the Monster. Only Kyungsoo and his friend knew.

Families came to pick their sons and what remained from them while Jongin took off his lenses and got in the cafeteria. It was still burning inside when he stepped near to the source of the explosion and turned it off. His red eyes shone in the smoke as the firefighters reached it and left the place screaming “A monster”. Jongin smirked knowing that tomorrow nobody will come to this school, not only because of the damage but because he got more witnesses of his reality.

He turned, picking up a small wet towel and kept wiping the walls. “JONGIN!” Kyungsoo’s voice made him freeze and he looked at the kid who ran toward him. Kyungsoo jumped on him and hugged him. “I thought you were in danger when the firefighter left the building.” Jongin smiled and lead Kyungsoo out.

“My little angel… go and stay by your friend’s side. I’ll be fine.” Jongin said, but Kyungsoo didn’t budge until Jongin smiled wider to him. “Go, Soo.”

Kyungsoo stepped away, still looking at the smile in Jongin’s lips that turned into a smirk when suddenly Kyungsoo was pushed behind by men and pulled out of the school. He had his eyes locked on the kid who waved to him. A hand move that made Kyungsoo’s heart squeeze in fear: It was a good bye.