prologue

My Bittersweet Ending.

It was a day like any other for Joohyun.
She got up, got ready, ate then she went to school. 
She was sitting at her desk and again she was feeling the persistant chills that swept through her thin body.
Her muscles were aching and she was sweating despite the chills running through her body.
 I just have a small flu. she told herself.

Unable to pay attention to the lesson, Joohyun rested her chin in the palm of her hand and stared out of the window as she tried to ignore her current state. No one else seemed to notice how she was feeling so she guessed she was hiding it pretty well. A small sigh escaped her lips as she suddenly gained a headache. She lifted her hands to her temples and gently rubbed them, hoping that it'd release some of her pain but..  It didn't. She sat in her seat, the pain bringing tears to her eyes. It hurt. It hurt so much and all she could do was sit there, her eyes locked onto her desk as she clenched her fists. No one seemed to notice. No one seemed to notice that she was in pain. Her mind was screaming, telling her to yell out. Telling her to do something. Telling her to ask for help but she couldn't. She couldn't do any of those. She was invisble to everyone.. Or at least that's what she thought. She didn't really have any friends as she was.. A lone wolf? Other girls annoyed her and boys were just idiotic fools. 

She clenched her eyes shut and a tear slipped down her cheeks and a gasp that was caused by a sharp pain left her lips. All eyes were now on her as she sobbed to herself. The pain becoming so unbearable that she held her head in her hands, trying to hide from everyone. 

She felt something trickling out of her nose and she just assumed it was snott caused by her crying but.. When she wiped her nose..

It was blood.

Suddenly everything went blank. 

She had passed out.

 

-

 

Slowly opening her eyes, Joohyun looked around the room. She was alone and she was attached to some machine that was monatering her heart beat. 

"What.." she started, not having any memory of what happened. She felt her heartbeat quicken as she looked around the room. 
She tried to stand up but she couldn't. Everything hurt. Her head, her muscles.. Everything.

After a few seconds, her doctor walked into the room, a soft expression on his face.

"Joohyun.. Calm down.. You're in the hospital." He said. His voice was soft and comforting. He was in his mid 40's at least but he dyed his hair black so he wouldn't go gray.He had kind eyes with little smiling marks at the sides of them. Joohyun could tell that he use to be handsome when he was younger.

The doctor sat down infront of her. He seemed nervous as he cleared his throat. 

"Do you know why you're here?" 

"no.."

The doctor sighed softly and looked down before he smiled, looking up at the young girl before him. 

"You passed out in school so.. We done some tests.." 

Joohyun just stared at him, unsure of what to say or reply. Normally, the doctor would let the parents tell their children the news of their health but Joohyun didn't have any family. She lived alone and both of her parents were killed in a car accident. An accident that Joohyun herself was lucky to have survived in.

He didn't know how to tell her. He clenched his jaw before he opened his mouth to speak again.

"Y-You have Leukemia.." 

At those three words, Joohyuns world lost all of it's color. The doctor contnued talking but.. she couldn't hear him. She just stared at him, her face was pale but.. she grew even paler (if it was possible). 

"We're afraid that you wont live to the age of 20.." he said, looking down. 

Joohyun felt her chest clenching as she began to bawl her eyes out. Her tears were uncontrolable. She cried and cried, shaking her head. She hoped that this was just a bad, bad dream but.. it wasn't. It was all too real..