When you're the New Girl Pt. 3/3

Chanyeol One Shots

 

Requested by KGirl1

 


“Explain to me again why we’re walking to the convenience store instead of using a bike or something?”

 

“And you said you wouldn’t talk to me,” Chanyeol said smugly. You scoffed. You honestly felt bad for avoiding Chanyeol for the past week and decided to finally talk to him, but of course you didn’t say that out loud. “Whatever, it’s called curiosity,” you said coldly.

 

“Your bike was in no condition to be used, and since it’s close to the school it makes the most sense to just walk.”

 

You nodded your head in understanding. “And you can put me down now,” you said, slowly growing uncomfortable from Chanyeol’s shoulder digging into your stomach since he was still carrying you.

 

“Ok good, you were getting really heavy,” Chanyeol said as he put you down. You glared at him and tried to walk, but stopped after a few steps due to the pain in your legs. You heard Chanyeol chuckle as he watched you struggle and crouched down in front of you, offering a piggyback ride.

 

“Get out of the way,” you said coldly and slowly walked around him. “If you continue walking at that pace, we won’t get there until tomorrow,” Chanyeol said behind you. You ignored his comment and continued walking in silence.

 

You weren’t sure how much farther the convenience store was, but you were starting to get hungry. Eventually your stomach growled really loudly and you stopped your snail walking. Once again, Chanyeol laughed behind you and you sat on the ground.

 

“Ok we need to get there faster, can I ride on your back,” you said, embarrassment flooding your system. Chanyeol didn’t say anything and crouched in front of you again. He turned his head and smiled at you, “Absolutely, go ahead.”

 

You felt your heart pound at the sight of his smile. Oh heck no, you aren’t doing this you stupid heart. No fricken way, you thought to yourself. Not for this y elf.

 

You leaned on Chanyeol’s back and wrapped your arms around his neck. “Ready,” he asked. You silently nodded and he stood up, supporting your legs and continued walking down the sidewalk with you on his back.

 

You rested your head in the crook of your arm, your face slightly facing Chanyeol’s neck. He smells nice...

 

You lifted your head up and your eyes widened. Jesus, what the heck is wrong with you, you scolded yourself and shook your head. You were definitely not being yourself. You were surprised you were having these kinds of reactions to Chanyeol, especially since you avoided him all the time and never gave him the light of day.

 

“By the way __________, about that incident on the roof the other day. I’m sorry about that. I was trying to fix your skirt since the wind had picked it up, but you woke up at that moment and took it the wrong way. But again, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done it in the first place.” He chuckled, “And that’s kinda why I’ve been chasing you all week. I never quite had a chance to apologize. But then again, why would you want to face me after catching me doing something like that.”

 

You listened as Chanyeol explained the whole misunderstanding and you felt bad. Not only was it because he was student council president, but he was genuinely a nice person that helped others. You had seen him go out of the way to help others before in your classes, so it all made sense. He never had any intent to look up your skirt, but to fix it and keep your decency. The fact that he cares so much about people made the title of “” instantly vanish from your thoughts of Chanyeol.

 

You looked down at Chanyeol and saw that a frown had formed on his usually smiling face. “I accept your apology,” you said quietly. “And I’m sorry too for kicking your hand like that after I saw you.”

 

Chanyeol glanced sideways at you and his charming smile was back on his face. “Really?”

 

You smiled back, “Absolutely. It was just a really bad misunderstanding.”

 

Chanyeol stopped walking and his eyes widened, his gaze stuck on your face. “What,” you ask shyly, unsure of why he was looking at you so intensely.

 

“I’ve never seen you smile,” he said. He continued his walking and faced forward, making his expression invisible from your view but you noticed the tips of his big ears turning red. “You’re pretty when you smile.”

 

The symptoms that you had felt earlier from Chanyeol’s charms came back the instant he complimented you. However this time you knew exactly why they came back. You knew that you had developed a slight crush on Chanyeol, and the thought made you smile.

 

“By the way, you don’t actually have to buy me anything at the store. It’ll be my treat today,” he said.

 

Just kidding. You fell hard for Chanyeol that day.