Love.

The Diary of an Idol Wannabe

The sound of different instruments coming together filled the room. The soulful voice of the singer wrapping the different instrument sounds to blend it in one harmonious melody. Yeonhee knew that one wrong press of her keyboard keys can ruin the whole performance so she has to ease up to make sure her fingers won’t freeze up.

She cleared out her mind and erased the crowd and even the band around her. She pictured herself back to their apartment. Her only audience is no one but him.

She smiled.

She imagined him throwing his head back laughing his usual carefree smile. When he’s with her he doesn’t have to worry about his image because she knows him already. No one knows him the way that she does.

She let her fingers dance along the keyboard with ease. Pretending she was playing for him. Suddenly the singer’s voice disappeared and was replaced by his. He would always sing along with that beautiful voice.

With that in mind, Yeonhee let her feelings overwhelm her senses and let her fingers do the rest.

 

“Cheers!” The band clicked their beer cans together.

Yeonhee smiled as she took a sip of the cold beer.

“It was another spectacular performance!” Brian, the bassist cheered happily.

“Oh yeah. So line up everyone!” Sungjin, the vocalist waved the profit money that they got in today’s gig.

Finally her favorite part of the day, splitting up the money. Yeonhee thought happily as she rubbed her hands greedily. 

“But Yeonhee you- played like a beast today.” Jaehyung, the guitarist said as he draped his arm casually on her shoulder.

Yeonhee shrugged his arm off. “Arasseo Jaehyung oppa now let’s stop with the touchy-touchy.” She laughed.

“Ohhhh you were thinking about your boyfriend didn’t you?” Jaehyung teased. The others perked up in interest as Yeonhee reddened.

“AM NOT!” Yeonhee exclaimed. The others laughed again.

“Come on Yeonhee-ya. We’ve been playing for almost 5 years now yet we have never met this boyfriend of yours.” Brian said.

“There’s not much to know really…” Yeonhee mumbled as she looked down at the ground. She pushed her glasses up.

“You know what- maybe he’s a celebrity!” Jaehyung said as he advanced towards her and Yeonhee’s eyes went round. She cleared .

“I guess no one would really make it a secret unless he’s famous right?” Brian said, eyeing Yeonhee who is now beyond tense.

“Is he famous?”

“Is he an idol?”

“How did you meet?”

Yeonhee was suddenly bombarded with questions from the two and was itching to go. Lucky for her Sungjin just finished splitting the money. Without further ado she grabbed the money from his hands and started escaping.

“Sorry guys! I have to go! See ya!” With that Yeonhee rushed to the door.

She rode on her bicycle as she navigated the busy Hongdae street to go home. She felt sincerely sorry for not telling her bandmates the truth. After all ever since she came to Korea 5 years ago and needed the job, the guys welcomed her and treated her like she’s one of them. But how can she tell them…

Her boyfriend is none other than Luhan of EXO.

She giggled to herself.

Today is the day EXO goes back to Korea after a few days from China and she bet that Luhan would already be at home waiting for her. They had not seen each other for a long time, even before EXO went to China she hasn’t seen much of him other than seeing him on the T.V and she missed him so bad. Whenever she tries to contact him he always says that he’s busy. It’s no wonder actually, ever since their XOXO album last year his group had made it big and won awards after awards and been on shows after shows.

She remembered the day he asked her to come with him to Korea.

 

“Yeonhee… I don’t think I’d be able to do this without you…” His deer eyes were staring at hers intently that the butterflies in her stomach fluttered.

He was accepted to a famous talent agency in Korea. He would have to leave soon to follow his dreams. Soon he would leave where she can’t follow him anymore. Hey eyes were starting to water.

Suddenly Luhan grabbed her hand. Her heart jumped at the sudden contact.

“Yeonhee, I don’t want to leave without you. Come with me.” Luhan said as he smiled gently at her.

 

Yeonhee's parents died when she was 7 from a car accident. Her dad ran away from home when he was young and her mom was an orphan so there were no close relatives that could take care of her. In their will it was stated that at the event that both of them dies she would be under the care of their closest friends, who now resides in Beijing.

At that time she was flew in to Beijing and was thankful that the couple welcomed her warmly and treated her like their own. The couple have a son who is 4 years older than her named Luhan.

At that time of grief, mourning and loss is when she met Luhan. He had always stuck by her side, sang and comfort her, protected and took care of her even when they can’t understand each other. Yeonhee didn’t speak a word of Mandarin and Luhan didn’t knew Korean. Despite of this Luhan patiently stayed by her side and taught her what she needed to know.

He became her teacher, best friend and her first love. She swore her love and loyalty to him ever since.

 

So when he asked her to come with him to Korea, she had no other answer but yes.