Just a Dream [One Shot]

Just a Dream [One Shot]

Just a Dream


He smiled to himself as he looked out the window and there stood his hero, his love, his everything. He couldn't believe that after so many years he was still in love with the same man that he had fallen for 4 years before. His high school sweetheart. They were going on a date today, his boyfriend, in his dark jeans and black leather jacket, was waiting for him in front of his silver Porche. He was almost ready, it was their four year anniversary after all, he had to look good.

After a few more minutes of getting his orange locks to look just perfect, he walked out the door and ran to his love's arms.

"Seungie, what took you so long? I've been waiting ages for you," the man said in faux anger.

"Sorry, Junnie, it takes a while to look this good," HyunSeung joked.

"Aish, you know you look good either way, right?"

The two laughed softly to each other before getting into JunHyung's car. After a few minutes of driving in silence, holding hands and watching the city zoom by, HyunSeung asked, "Where are you taking me? You still haven't told me where we are going for our anniversary."

"Seungie, don't worry, you will absolutely love it."

HyunSeung pouted, his boyfriend wasn't telling him anything about their anniversary plans and it was starting to bug him because he liked to be in the loop... most of the time.

After a few more minutes of just driving, JunHyung turned off the road down a dirt road. The dense forest around them became more and more clear and there was a light at the end. When they entered the small clearing, there was a table set for two. On the table there was a small rose centerpiece and a few rose petals scattered across the table. There were two plates of food, from what HyunSeung could tell, they were going to be eating fried chicken, his favorite. A little away from the table there was a small group of musicians, a string quartet, ready to start playing when cued.

"Wah~! You didn't have to go this extravagant for our anniversary!" HyunSeung exclaimed as he looked around the clearing and noticed bits and pieces of his favorite things.

"Seungie, you know today is very important. It's our anniversary, of course I had to make it extravagant. Anything to keep that beautiful smile on your face," JunHyung said with an amused half smile on his face.

They sat and began to eat. JunHyung smiled as he noticed that HyunSeung was enjoying himself. That was all he could ask for tonight. HyunSeung to be happy. He still had a big announcement that could change their lives forever. He didn't know how well HyunSeung was going to take the news. But... The news was two part. How could he forget the happy part.

After dinner, JunHyung stood and walked around to HyunSeung side of the table, bowed slightly and asked, "May I have this dance?"

HyunSeung giggled, "Of course, you silly boy."

As they danced, HyunSeung didn't notice the servants who switched the mean from dinner to dessert. The table stated some what they same, except the food on the plate was now Ice Cream and chocolate cake.

HyunSeung smiled up at JunHyung and blushed every time JunHyung would lean down and whisper something cute into his ear. As the song ended, JunHyung twirled HyunSeung back to the table for their second course. On the top of HyunSeung's chocolate cake was a beautiful gold ring. Shocked he looked up at JunHyung questioningly.

"What's this for?" he asked.

"Aww, I was hoping you would find that after you began to eat your ice cream," JunHyung replied back jokingly as he picked the ring up from HyunSeung's cake and wiped it off with a napkin.

"Seungie, it's been four year, we've been through our ups and downs and now I wanna spend the rest of my life with you. Seungie, I love you with everything that I am and I wanna spend the rest of my life pleasing you... Will you marry me?"

Speechless, HyunSeung nodded. When the ring was put on his finger, he jumped into JunHyung's arms. "I love you, Junnie~!"

JunHyung smiled softly before kissing HyunSeung on the lips softly. "I love you, too, but there's something else... I've been planning the wedding for months... will be 3 and a half months from today... All that's left is to get you your tuxedo..." he said.

"Why so soon, Junnie? We have time, we can plan the wedding for a later date," HyunSeung said, worry present in his voice and eyes.

"I don't have much time, Seungie... I'm leaving for the Corps in a few weeks," was the soft reply that HyunSeung got.

"You're leaving? When? Why... Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Seungie, calm down, I'll be back. I'm leaving at the end of this month. I'll only be gone for 13 weeks and you can write me as much as you want. I'll be safe, Seungie. Don't worry, I'll always come back to you."
___________________________________

Time Skip

"I do."

After the three and a half long months, the two were finally walking down the aisle together has a married couple. As they walked out the chapel, they did the "Welcome to the Corps" Ceremony. As the exited the Arc, one of JunHyung's men smacked HyunSeung on the with the side of the sword. With a giggle, the two left in the beautiful white limo that had pulled up.

They smiled to each other as the crowd of their friends and family waved to them as they set out on their short honeymoon.

"When are you leaving again?" HyunSeung asked the younger man.

"Four days, love. But it's okay. We'll have our honeymoon before I leave. Actually we're heading to our honeymoon location now," JunHyung said with a smile as he kissed HyunSeung on the forehead before capturing his lips in a short kiss.

A few moments later, they arrived at a very expensive hotel. HyunSeung looked up in awe at the vastness of the hotel. "How did you pay for all this, Junnie?"

"Don't worry about the money, Seungie, I have it covered."

"Let's go check in then head around to explore the hotel~!" HyunSeung said, reminding JunHyung of a small child wanting to explore new places.

JunHyung smiled and allowed the older male lead him to the check in desk and got their room key. They headed up to their room and dropped off their bags before HyunSeung dragged JunHyung around the hotel looking around at all the little nifty things that they could find inside the hotel, including a full line of shops. HyunSeung found a hat shop and looked around at all the hats before picking one ask asking JunHyung if he could buy it, even though JunHyung could never say no to the doe-eyed boy.

JunHyung smiled as he watched the doe eyed boy look around more shops. He was lost in thought, thinking about what the future was about to bring, all the loneliness that HyunSeung could probably face because he had gone and joined the military. He could be gone for months at a time with no contact with his love. He sighed but suddenly was brought back to reality by HyunSeung who was pulling him towards their room.

"What are you doing? Don't you want to go explore some more?" JunHyung asked.

"Oh we will! I just wanna get changed so that we can go into the swimming pool!!" HyunSeung said as they reached their room.
___________________________

Time Skip - A Year Later

He walked down the aisle between all the chairs. The last time he had been here, he had been so happy. What happened? He continue walking forward until he came to a stop at the front of a mahogany casket. He looked at it sadly, and walked to the side where he was suppose to sit. He didn't look up at anyone. He didn't want the others to see that he wasn't holding up so well. He wanted to be strong, like he had always been when JunHyung had been away. Everyone watched as the doe-eyed boy watched the ground, his eyes flickering between the ground and the casket.

He watched as the ceremony was played out. The minister came out and said a few words to the many people who had come out to say good by to the man who was in the casket. The tears came to HyunSeung's eyes without him wanting them there. One by one the tears came. By the end of the ceremony, he was sobbing. He couldn't stop the tears.

"HyunSeung-shi, on behalf of the United States Marine Corps and the president of the United States, I honor you with this flag, and the silver star in recognition of JunHyung-shi's heroic actions while in the field. He saved many members of his team and we award him with this decoration. He will always be remembered by the Corps. We are sorry for your loss," a Marine said to HyunSeung. He didn't know who it was, just another Marine, who probably has a wife who is just as worried as he was while her husband was deployed.

As the casket was lowered into the grave, the 7 gun salute rang through the air. The "Ready, Aim, Fire," of the Non-Commissioned Officer's orders rang through the silence. Everyone watched as HyunSeung watched the casket get slowly put into the grave. He gave a small sob before one of their very close friends came over and took him by the hand to lead him away from the grave.

"Come on, HyunSeung, if you don't leave, none of us can leave," the soft voice said, as the arm tugged softly. HyunSeung unwillingly followed the tug and left, following the voice.

{HyunSeung POV}

You said you would always come back to me... What happened? You were supposed to come home. Why did you have to leave? Why couldn't you have been home safe with me? What am I going to do without you, JunHyung-shi?JunHyung, are you watching me from up there? Will you make sure that I'm safe, like you always promised? I don't know what i'm going to do without you now. I know I have my friends to watch over me, but what am I going to do without you.

I love you forever, and you know that nothing will change that. Wait for me up there, I'll be there to see you soon...

Fin