Chapter 17

Idol Life : SNSD's Tenth Member

*The editors being a and won't let me edit the font properly, sorry.

Watched:Ghost Whisperer

 

      September 22nd, 2009

September 22nd, 2009


 

 

 

Even in the early morning hours, the trainee hallway was bustling with life. It unnerved Echo, at the simple fact that SM was hoarding so many trainees knowing that less than 99% of them would debut. She never understood SM's trainee choosing methods, and will continue to not understand it.

She sent simple smiles to the handful of trainees that would stutter out some sort of greeting on her walk.

The idol was able to finally breath in some fresh air once she ascended the staircase leading to the third floor. This floor was strictly for project groups, however, there was a special circumstance due to room shortages in a different hallway.

With a soft knock on the light wood door, receiving an answer almost instantly.

An unfamiliar man opened the door, his scrunched up face softened once he saw who it was. "The girls have a ten minute break," he called out into the studio. Soft cheers met Echo's ears.

The idol gave a light bow to the manager as she walked into the room, immediately having her arms filled with her sister.

"Unnie! I haven't seen you in forever! I heard you got in a new drama? Is that true? Who's in it? Is Lee Minho in it? Please tell me Lee Minho is in it!"

"Um, yes, yes, yes, Park Shinhye and Jang Geunseuk, no and sorry, no."

The younger girl visibly deflated, releasing her sister. "You should do a drama with Lee Minho, it would totally help your popularity."

"I'll think about it," she chuckled. Echo turned to the other f(x) members with a smile. "How have all of you been fairing so far?"

"Well, it's tiring," Victoria responded.

"It would be better if those keyboard warriors could calm down though," Sulli pouted, arms crossed against her chest.

"Just ignore them," Echo gently patted the girl on the shoulder. "Try not to look up the group or yourselves for awhile, it will just take time. Now, I wish I could stay longer but I have a shooting to get to."

Ari raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Wait, did you just come here at four AM just to see us for a few minutes and then rush to another schedule?"

The SNSD member shook her head. "I've been here all night practicing."

"Unnie that's not very… healthy," Krystal hesitated at her own words.

"But it's what I need to do," Echo pointed out. "Not getting a little sleep won't kill me. Good luck everyone!" With those final words the idol left the studio and the building.

The second her head hit the headrest in the van, her eyes closed.

"Echo-ah, wake up," Hajoon gently shook the girl from her slumber.

"We’re there already?" she mumbled, eyes only half open. It felt like she closed her eyes for a mere two seconds.

"I'll get you some water when you're getting your makeup done," he offered, holding out his much bigger hand to help her out of the van.

Echo graciously accepted the gesture. As she walked into the shooting building she noticed it was still dark out.

It's gonna be a long day.

The makeup artist was one of SNSD's so Echo already knew the woman (turns out she was also riding in the van with her and her manager, she was just too unconscious to notice). After sitting down she was handed a bottle of water by Hajoon and eagerly gulped down half of it, closing her eyes for makeup.

She was unaware how long it took, since she kept fazing in and out of being awake and asleep. Echo was given an outfit to change into and was pushed back onto the set.

"Geunsuk-sunbae," Echo smiled once she saw a familiar face, happily walking up to the trio.

"Echo-ssi, this is Jung Younghwa and Lee Hongki," the actor introduced their co-stars, pointing to each.

"Hello, it's great to finally meet you," the brunette politely greeted the two.

"What year were you born?" Hongki blurted out.

"I'm an early 91-er."

"We're friends!" Hongki grinned.

"Is that so?" the female awkwardly smiled. She was hoping they would all be older than her, since she would only have to focus on being polite, however, knowing that she was the same age as a co-star…

"That means we should get to know each other. You're American right? Where in America? Do you speak English? When did you come to Korea? Whose your best friend in SNSD? Which is your favorite song? Who in SNSD is-"

Yonghwa placed a firm hand over the still talking Hongki's mouth, sending the girl an apologetic look. "Sorry about him, he gets excited very easily."

"It's alright," Echo smiled. "As for your questions… Yes, New York, yes, in 2004, Tiffany and Dear Mom."

At the surprised looks from all three boys at her swift answers she explained, "My sister shoots questions off the same way."

"You have a sibling?" Yonghwa questioned, genuinely curious.

"Her name's Arianna, she just debuted in f(x)."

Geunsuk gave her a confused look. "I thought your sister was Jessica."

"I thought you, Jessica, Krystal and Ari were all sisters?" Hongki asked with an open mouthed expression.

"No… Jessica and Krystal are sisters, while Ari and I are sisters," she explained, a dull expression on her face. She thought only fans were the ones that messed that up…

"Everyone, one minute! Get in place for scene three!" a staff member yelled out.

"Hwaiting!" Hongki grinned, throwing his arm up before scurrying off for the next scene.

With a deep breath, Echo walked onto the set.

 

"You're doing very well," Yonghwa spoke, walking up to the female idol while offering a small bottle of water.

Echo graciously accepted the water, turning back to the set where the characters Taekyung and Minyu were having a moment. "Thank you, sunbae."

"Call me oppa. It would be better for us to be more comfortable."

She couldn't help but blush a bit at the forwardness, but accepted. "Alright, oppa."

"How long have you acted?"

"Not long, since 2007."

"Two years, that's not that bad. Didn't you debut in that year too?"

"Yeah but… I've only been in two things with very small roles. This is the biggest role I've gotten so far."

"So what? A role's a role. You're doing way better than most actors these days," Yonghwa pointed out, a pride filled smile on his face.

Echo gave the boy a confused look that slowly transformed to an awwed one. He was right. She did get very far! Look at her now! She was so close to a main role! Just one leap away…

"I guess that's right," pride broke through the idols voice.

"So loosen up a bit," Yonghwa affectionately ruffled her hair. "Because you're doing great."

The girl widely smiled. "Thanks, oppa."

 

"Happy Birthday, unnie!" Echo happily cheered when Hyoyeon entered the backstage waiting room, she eagerly engulfed her in a tight hug.

"Thank you, Echo-ah," Hyoyeon laughed, returning the hug. "Now, where's my present?"

"Back at the dorm," the younger idol affectionately punched the girls arm.

"How was shooting?" Tiffany asked once she entered the waiting room.

"It was good!" she grinned. Just then, her phone beeped. Echo pulled out the device while sitting down on the black leather couch, a smile lighting up her face when she saw who it was. Quickly, she texted a reply.

"Who's that?" Taeyeon questioned, trying to peek over the girls thin shoulder, being sat down next to her.

"One of my co-stars," she simply responded, not looking up from the device.

"Well, someone's clearly more interested in her phone than her members," Sunny scoffed, over from one of the few makeup chairs.

An awkward silence fell over the waiting room. Half of the girls turned their heads to see Echo's reaction, the other half awkwardly looked away.

Echo was too busy texting on her phone to pay attention to anything. She looked up once she felt numerous eyes on her. "What?"

"Your obliviousness never ceases to amaze me," Tiffany shook her head, gently patting the confused girls head.

 

 

I wonder which of the girls don't get along…

I think Hyoyeon and Echo get in fist fights often.

Dear god, Echo is so awkward on Hello Baby. I feel bad for her future children.



 

All those on the east coast, I wish you luck during the storm!!