Chapter 14

10 Letters To Move On

KAI's POV

 

"Sing for me." Hyo hesitated for a bit, but still started to sing

"Your soft voice rings in my ears. Whether my eyes are open or closed, I keep looking for you." I love how sweet her voice is. Everytime I hear her singing, I can't help but to be amazed.

"My eyes meet yours as I’m in your warm embrace. Baby give me once more kiss, just one more kiss, whisper to me." I can feel my chest tighten and it's getting more painful. I don't want Hyo to be worried, as much as I can, I will handle the pain. Lord God, please not now. Just not now. 1 week, just one more week. Or maybe 3 days. 3 days would do. Please.

"I smile at your smile. You make me forget all fear, you make me breath. You are everything I’ve been looking for, will you protect me?" Lord didn't you hear me? I can still feel the pain and it's more painful now. Am I not worthy to be with my wife even just for three days? All I'm asking you is 3 days. Is that too much to ask?

"The moment I was with you and your love. Even if pain from the faded past comes." I can no longer take it. My chest, my heart. It's so painful. I can't bear the pain anymore.

"I will always tell you my heart that only beats toward you-"

 

"Ah!" I clunched my chest tighter and screamed in pain before everything went black.

 

I woke up inside an unfamiliar room. I roamed my eyes around, white walls, machines, alcohol and medicine scent lingered. I tried to speak but I can't. There is something in my mouth. I'm in the hospital, again. What happened? Have I undergone operation already? I tried moving my hands but I felt something. It's my wife's hand. She must've fallen asleep while watching over me. I noticed tears on her lovely face, so I gently wiped it off with my weak hands.

She adjusted her eyes for a moment. "K-k-kai?! Kai! You're awake!" I smiled weakly at her. "Thank God you're awake!" She rushed outside probably calling some nurse and doctor.

 

Lord, you surely heard my prayers, didn't you? Thank you! Thank you!

 

When Hyo came back, she was with Dr. Park, Sehun, Lay and… MOM? What is she doing here? Does she know already?

 

Dr. Park checked me for a while. "As for now, your vitals are stable, but you should not be stress out. Your heart is still recovering from the attack. Too much stress could trigger another attack and we don't want that, do we?"

"Thank you so much, Dr. Park." Hyo thanked him.

"Your welcome. Please do remember all the things that I've told you. The do's and dont's, proper diet. I'll better arrange your papers so Kai could transfer into the private room today." They bowed at each other before Dr. Park went outside.

 

"Yo man!" Lay hyung sat next to me. "Look at you lying there. C'mon! Let's have a dance battle." He chuckled. "Kidding aside, I hope you get better soon. Your students misses you so much." I wanted to ask why do they miss me. It's only been a day, right?

He tapped my shoulder first before facing Hyo. "Noona, I need to go now. My Reina texted me already. If you need anything, just call or text me. The others will surely visit him as soon as I tell them that he's awake."

"Thanks for all your help, Lay. Drive safely." Hyo smiled weakly at him.

 

I looked at the other person next to me, his eyes are watery.

"Pabo." He muttered. Evil maknae is evil. "I hope you feel better as soon as possible. Lay hyung won't treat me to any bubble tea store. I miss free bubble tea. Also, your students are pain in the ." He joked. "I-I-I'll leave you with aunt and noona. I gotta go." I gave him a small nod.

"Sehun, I'll go with you. I'll buy some foods for mom." Hyo said as she grabbed her purse and keys. "Mom, I'll just buy some lunch. Talk to him." They both smiled weakly at each other.

 

When Hyo and Sehun went our, mom took the seat beside my bed and brushed my hair with her fingers.

"Aigoo. My poor maknae." Mom coed, tears forming in her eyes. "Please feel better as soon as possible, arasso? When you get out of here, I'll cook your favorite chicken, japchae, ddeokboki, and kimchi stew. Jjanga gave birth to 2 cute little puppies yesterday. Hyo named them barbara and vivian." She smiled.

"Kai?" her tone become serious. "Why didn't you tell me? Why did I have to know all of this from Hyo? Why did you keep it from us? Do you know how much it pains us? I taught you not to be selfish, right? But... why?" My mom started crying. I want to comfort her, hug her, and tell her how sorry I am. But I can't. I'm still weak, too weak to even speak.

Mom cries for a while, letting all her worries and pains out. If only tears from those who truly love me can cure my illness, I'll probably be 101% healed.

 

Hyo came back afterwards with foods for my mom. "Here you go, mom."

"Gomawo. I'll eat outside." Mom stood up and went outside.

 

"The nurses will be here in a minute, they will transfer you into your private room and Sehun left already." Hyo took the seat next to me. "Feeling better?" She asked and I smiled to her as an answer. "You've been asleep for 1 and a half months, you've missed a lot of things." 1 and a half months? I've been unconscious for that long?

"I missed you." She hugged me gently. "That day, I thought I will lose you, forever. Good thing Suho, Chorong, Baek, and Taeyeon was about to visit us that day. They we're on the elevator when I called Taeyeon for help. We rushed you to the nearest hospital."  I can hear her sobs in between her stories. "We surely are lucky to have them as friends. Always there when you need them." Hyo was telling stories, letting me catch up when my mom entered the room.

"Excuse me, lovebirds. But I think these nurses will transfer Kai to the private room." She motioned the nurses to come in.

 

After transfering to the private room, they finally removed that nasty thing in my mouth.

 

"Water." Was the first word to come out of my mouth. My throat is dry and I badly need a drink.

"Here" Hyo assisted me to sat up and drink. I gulped down the glass of water.

"Sorry." I muttered. Hyo looked at me, confused."Sorry if I'm making you sick worried, for making you cry thousand of tears, And sorry if you're feeling exhausted."

"Sshh." She comforted me with her warm words and hug. "No need to be sorry, okay? Stop overthinking. It will just stress you out."

 

HYO's POV 

 

Days went by and we're still in the hospital. My family, whose based in Japan because of our growing fashion business paid visit to Kai. My mom cried when she heard all the hard times we are going through. My dad even offered Kai to take the operation at Japan. It was a good offer but Kai refuesd. He wants here, so we will stay here. Besides, Dr. Park said Kai's operation was already schedulked and I am grateful for that.

 

"Yeobo." Kai squeezed my hands. I was feeding him his breakfast in which is fruitrs and ceareals.

"Yes?" I smiled sweetly at him and wiped his mouth.

"Let's go on a date! I heard the amusement park nearby had recently opened." His eyes are sparkling in excitement just like a little child.

"But yeobo, Dr. Park said you can't stress yourself out and you can't be exhausted." I said worriedly remebering all the reminders of Dr. Park.

"What's to worry in an amusement park?" He scoffed " Please yeobo? I promise I won't let myself to be exhausted. Let's go on a date before I take the operation." He gave me his puppy eyes and his aegyo. I sighed. Who could resist Kai's aegyo anyway?

 

  In the end, we still went to the amusement park. Roller coaster, Jungle Log Jam, Rio Grande, Ferris Wheel, Spinning Teacups, Carousel, and lots of fun rides are here. Kai went to the ticket booth to buy tickets.

 

I was patiently waiting waiting for Kai when a cute little boy tugged my shirt. I went on my knees so I was on the same level as his.

"Yes?" I smiled sweetly at him.

He handed me a long-stemmed red rose. "My hyung wants to give this to you, but he's shy." He pointed at the dart game booth. There is a man standing there, showing his gummy smile. He kinda looks familiar. I frowned at him and faced the little boy.

"Gomawo." I said. "What's your name?"

"Annyeonghaseyo. Kyungsan-imnida." He introduced himself shyly.

"Hi Kyungsan. Will you give noona a favor?" He looked at me and nod. "Will you please tell your hyung that noona is already married and please give my thanks to him for the flower?"

"Ne, noona. You're so pretty." His cute little cheeks blushed.

"Jjinja?" He nod. "Gomawo, Kyungsan-ah." I kissed his cheeks and he ran over to his hyung.

 

"Who's that?" I was still looking for the little boy when Kai appeared from my back. "Who gave that to you?" He frowned upon seeing the rose I was holding.

"Chill. The little boy gave this to me. He says I'm pretty." Kai's expression softened. "Relax, okay? Let's enjoy this date." I gave his lips a peck.

He showed me the all day pass ticket he was holding.

"Ready?"

"Ready!"

"I love you Kim Hyoyeon."

"Why so cheesy all of a sudden?" I chuckled while he scoffed.

"I LOVE YOU TOO! KAJA!" I exclaimed and run to the entrance.

THIS DAY WILL SURELY BE FUN... or so I thought.

--

E-D-I-T-E-D

 

Shower Kai and Hyo with your comments and upvotes please?

Happy 1.8K reads to 10LTMO! Whohooo! Hello to my new subscribers ;)