Hint

Hint

(Request from anon)

“Taehyung, I swear, if you don’t hold still I might have to hurt you.”

“Ah, Noona, Don’t do that.  You know it’s hard for me to hold still for a long time.”

You roll your eyes and try to go back to making Taehyung’s eyes look good.  However, he kept turning his head and looking every which way making your job quite difficult.

“And also how many times have I told you not to call me noona?  We were born the same year and you know that.”  You take the liquid eyeliner and shape the corner of his eye.  You try to hold his head in place, but he still manages to mess up your lines.  You draw your face close to his to try and fix it, taking a deep breath so you won’t explode at him.  You were used to this kind of closeness now.  However, the first couple weeks you were on the job, you were nervous about working with such attractive boys your age.  That was before you learned that they were quite childish most the time.  Well, at least when they were around you.

“But, you’re still older than me.  Plus I like to call you Noona.”  You see a little smirk cross his face and you ignore it.  You were used to this kind of treatment from him.  Taehyung was always the worst when it came to applying makeup.  You almost wished he would sleep like some of the other members do, despite the fact that that makes your job harder.  It seems like a sleeping target would be easier than a moving one.

Having to deal with Taehyung made your anxiety about your job worse.  You are the same age as the members and you already have a job as a top makeup artist.  You were a prodigy, apparently.  You didn’t think what you did was especially impressive, but everyone you’ve ever met has said differently.  You started doing makeup on your dolls when you were about 5.  You were discovered when you were 11 and started to do makeup for models.  However, that doesn’t mean your job was guaranteed.  One little screw up could ruin everything.

You finally finished with Taehyung’s eyes and took a step back to look at your work.  Everything was even and he had that charismatic look that he liked so much.

“Okay, you’re done.  Tell Seokjin Oppa he’s up and you need to go over to get your hair styled.”  You turn around and try to get your supplies back in order.

“Are you sure I’m done?  Are you sure everything is perfect?  Do I look amazing?”  You feel him tugging on the back of your shirt.  You take a deep breath and close your eyes.  He did this to you every time.

“Yes, Taehyung, you look perfect and amazing and there’s nothing more I can do,” you say without turning around.

“But you didn’t even look,” Taehyung whined.  He tugged on your shirt harder. 

Are you sure we are the same age?  Cause you’re acting like a 5 year old, you think to yourself.  You turn your head to look at Taehyung.  He was leaning forward in his chair, still holding your shirt and his right eye was messed up.  You felt something snap in your head, but you tried to contain it.

“Taehyung, what the hell?  I finally had them perfect.  Why do you insist on doing this to me?”  Your voice was surprisingly calm.  There may have been a hint of whine as well.  Taehyung was always doing this to you.  Once you finally finished with his makeup, he would mess it up a bit.  You snatch the eyeliner off the counter and get close again to try and fix the smug.

“I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to.”  Now he was pouting, just like he always does after he purposely messes up your hard work.

“Taehyung, please stop doing this.  You know I have to do the others members too and you guys are supposed to be on set in an hour.  Do you know how hard that is for me?”

“I’m sorry.  I won’t do it again.”  Yeah right, you think to yourself.  “It’s just that, I like having you close to me.”

Knowing how much of a trickster Taehyung can be, you show no reaction.  “Really?  And why is that?”  You fix the eyeliner and turn to put it back in your bag.  You suddenly feel a weight encircle around your waist, somewhat throwing you off balance.  “What?” 

You look down to see Taehyung clinging to your waist with his cheek up against your side.  You couldn’t help but be thankful that he was avoiding messing up his makeup.  After the split second that the thought crossed your mind, you tried to push him off.

“Taehyung, what are you doing?”  You push against his shoulders, but he is stronger than he looks.  He stays firmly locked on to your waist.

“I don’t like it when you work on the other members.  Then they get to be close to you too.  Why can’t you be my personal makeup artist?”

You can feel yourself blushing a bit, but you ignore it.  “Because that’s not my job.  My job is a makeup artist for BTS, not Taehyung’s makeup artist.  Now will you please let go?”

“No.  I won’t let go until you tell me that I’m your favorite member.”  He squeezes you harder, pushing the wind out of your lungs.

Why does he want me to say that?  You wonder about Taehyung’s motive for this sudden clinginess; literally.  It’s not that you would say you hated him, he was just one of the hardest part of your job.  Hoseok was your favorite when it came to applying his makeup.  He was the only one that didn’t move around and stayed awake.  Why would Taehyung want you to say this?

Is this some kind of confession of something?  Could that be it?  Did he like you and he’s looking for some kind of reassurance of your feelings or something?

“Okay Taehyung, you’re my favorite member.”  Even you could hear the sarcasm in your voice.

“Say it like you mean it.”

You roll your eyes and glance at the clock.  You were running out of time and you still had four members to do.

“Taehyung,” you got goose bumps at your own serious tone.  “You are my favorite member.”

“Really?  Cool.”  Taehyung hopped up from his position and started walking to the door.  All signs of cuteness or poutiness he had previously had was gone.  He was a normal guy now.  You look at his back confused.

What the heck was that?  Then you remember.

“Taehyung, make sure you…”

“Tell Seokjin it’s his turn and go get my hair styled.  Got it.”  The way he looked at you was like nothing had just happened. 

That guy is so weird.  You find yourself smiling at his back image as he walks away.