Chapter 07: Sunday

A Week With Mi

Sunday

The next day I woke up to the sound of my door bell ringing. Grumbling as I got out of my bed I scratched my head as I unlock my front door. Squinting my eyes as I adjusted to the sunlight I found Mi standing in front of me with a smile.

 

“You just woke up Taecyeon? Come on hurry up and get dress.” Mi said pushing me back inside the house as she invited herself in my house.

 

“Where are we going?” I ask confuse still half asleep.

 

“Tisk we’re going to the amusement park! I get to choose where we are going today. Hurry up and get dress!” She hurries me inside my bedroom and closes the door behind me. When I finally got freshed up Mi was waiting outside in the living room for me as she examines my furniture.

 

“Your house is really comfy I like it.” She said finishing up her examination of one of my childhood photo.

 

“Is it now?” I asks opening up my refrigerator to grab a milk carton. “Do you want anything to drink?” I ask as she shook her head.

 

“No I ate breakfast already. Are these your parents?” She asks from down the hall. Walking towards the front door I nod my head as she smiles back at me.

 

“You look like your father a lot.” I laugh as I gulp down my milk. Then the sudden realization that Mi was in my house for the first time hit me. I choked on my milk as Mi rushes towards me patting my back.

 

“Are you okay?” She asks with a worry expression on her face.

 

“I’m-ok-ay.” I manage to say between my coughs. “Let’s get going then.” Throwing my milk carton in the garbage in my kitchen I grabbed my backpack that was settled down on my living room couch from last night. Locking the door behind me Mi was waiting for me with a big smile spread across her face. Her sudden change in mood is really making me wary. Our trip to the amusement park was full of laughter and talking, surprisingly she was the one doing the talking. She talked about her likes and dislikes as I listened to every word she said. When we got to the amusement park she pulled me to every ride she wanted to get on. I didn’t mind though I would follow her wherever she goes. As the sun rose higher in the sky time passed by quickly and by the time we decided to take a break and get food the sun was already on it’s pace towards sunset.

 

“Here you go.” I said handing over Mi’s vanilla ice cream cone as I ate my own chocolate ice cream cone. We both ate our ice cream in silence until Mi began to talk as we gaze out upon the sun.

 

“The sun is so beautiful today. Don’t you think?” She asks turning to look at me as I nod my head.

 

“Yeah it is actually, I’ve never seen the sun to be so red and orange before.” I commented as she smiles between her bites of ice cream.

 

“I’m going to miss it. I have officially finished my lifetime wish. Thank you Taecyeon.” She sighs as she said this. Alarm by her words she couldn’t possibly be thinking of...dying? Getting up abruptly I grabbed her by her arm and threw both of our ice cream into the trash can.

 

“Yah Taecyeon, where are you taking the both of us? Why did you throw our ice cream away?” She asks confuse resisting going with me. “Taecyeon let go. Let go!” She yells when I finally let go I brought her out onto the amusement park docks.

 

“Taec-” She began to say when I turn around to look at her with anger. I was angry that she’s even thinking about dying.

 

“Sun Mi! How can you even think that way? Even though life is hard for you right now you shouldn’t be thinking about those things!” I yelled at her as she arches her eyebrows.

 

“Things?” She echoes my last word in confusion. “You-You think I’m planning on killing myself?!” She asks shock as I raise my eyebrow this time in confusion.


“Are you not?” I ask back as she laughs.

 

“No not at all! Why did you even think that?” She asks laughing as I stood there flabbergasted.

 

“Then how come you were saying all those things of finally fulfilling your lifetime wish and being all happy and different today?” I ask as she shook her head smiling.

 

“Because I’m finally happy and am content.” She said beaming with happiness for the first time since I met her. “After spending time with you yesterday for the whole day that night I dreamt of Seungri. We talked together for the longest time and he told me that he wasn’t angry with me. Instead he was angry at himself for making me suffer for a whole year since his death. He told me…” She suddenly stops talking as tears glistened in her eyes. “He told me to be happy and that I deserve a happy ending. When I woke up the next morning I felt like everything was alright with the world. Like this heavy weight was lifted off my shoulder. I shouldn’t be sad and feeling guilty anymore. Yes it’s true that I would never forget Seungri and I can never be with him again. He’ll be forever in my heart dearly, but I should move on. I should start anew and find a happy ending because my happy ending with him no longer exists. In the end I think Seungri would want me to be happy.” Looking up at the sky she smiles brightly tilting her head to the side just a little and shout, “Right Seungri?” Looking back down from the sky to look at me she stepped closer to me.

 

“Wha-what?” I asks suddenly nervous with the way she was looking at me.

 

“Ok Taecyeon I think I would like to start on a happy adventure with you.” She said with a smile.

 

“What about that song?” I ask as she her head to the side.

 

“What song?” She asks amuse by my nervous state.

 

“The song you sang last night as I was piggybacking you home. It seemed like you weren’t willing to move on. Singing ‘I’ll swallow my tears and at the end of my wait’.” I replied back as she chuckles.

 

“Taecyeon-ah do you even know the last few sentences to that song?” She asks I took a step back from her when she came closer “The last part of the lyrics is when the springs comes to bring you back later on. Then I will bloom on that day.”

 

I stood in front of her not knowing what to say, so does she likes me? Does she want to start over and leave this country side of Seoul? Taking my hand in hers she spoke again.

 

“Seungri did come to me on a spring’s day and I am blooming again like a flower. But not with him, I’m blooming again because of you. I-I actually really like you too. You helped me fulfill my lifetime wish with Seungri. The both of us wanted to come here to the country side of Seoul and to the amusement park. Actually we were planning on going here the next day before the accident happened that night. It was the reason why things turned sour on our date. So for the both of us I thank you for that. But now I want to start a brand new journey with you. Do you still want to?” She asks as I took her in my arms smiling widely as she hugged me back.

 

“I’m guessing that’s a yes?” She asks jokingly as I laughed.


Everything after that day was perfect. Mi and I both needed each other in our life. She helped made me realize that I shouldn’t always look forward to the next day. I should take a break and take a step back and appreciate the person I gotten to know and spend time with them. The reason why is because we wouldn’t know when that person would leave us. Could be the next day or it could be now. We should cherish the past and love the person as much as possible. As for Mi she learned to move on. The past is the past and we could never change that. As human beings we have to learn to accept the truth and find a way to move on. If we don’t, we would fall in an endless deep hole of sadness never knowing how to get out. And when we do move on from the past it would become a life lesson. Something we would always hold onto in our hearts dearly. In the end of the day though, we will still manage to put a smile on our face and live life to the fullest. Just like Mi had.