You Are The Best

You Are The Best

You Are THE BEST

 

 

The time went so fast. I really had such a great time with Yul. I somehow managed to forget about Taeyeon--- and her confession later this afternoon.

 

“I guess this is it. I really need to go now. Thank you very much for the time.” I smiled at him and gave him a slight bow.

 

“It’s my pleasure Jessica. Thank you too for coming. Anyway, where are you going?” He smiled and gave me too a slight bow.

 

“To the coffee shop I usually go to. It’s just near here.” I realized that it was just somewhere in this area.

 

“Ohhh~ are you going to Taeyeon’s day of confession?”

 

I nod and forced a smile.

 

“So let’s go together then… I was invited too.”

 

I’ll be witnessing the most heartbreaking part of my life with my one and only crush. It hurts but I’ll try to suppress my feelings.

 

“Okay then.”

 

We got into his car and went to the venue.

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

 

“Jessica~ you’re here! Are you excited?” Sunny welcomed me with a hug in which I responded back.

 

“Of course! It’s my best friend’s important day.” I forced a smile. Just how many times should I force a smile? This is… tiring.

 

“That’s right! Come and sit with us.” I followed her and looked back to see Yul with Yoong and the other boys on one table. He smiled at me telling me to it’s okay to leave him there.

 

As I sat down, I searched for that one specific person. Tiffany.

 

“Where’s… uhh—Tiffany?” I asked Sunny.

 

“She’s probably on her way.” She just smiled at me.

 

“And Taeyeon?” Saying her name hurts but… I need to be strong--- for my best friend.

 

“She’s inside, preparing for the big surprise.” She winked at me before standing up and went to the other girls.

 

There are probably about 15 of us in this room right now. All of our friends are here. The shop went close since this is a private event. As each minute pass, I feel my heart break into pieces more and more. And just a flash--- Tiffany suddenly came in and greeted everybody. This is it Jessica--- get ready!

 

“Hey Jessi~” She greeted me with her eye smile.

 

“Hi.” I smiled at her. I was about to congratulate her but stopped since it’ll blow the whole surprise thingy.

 

Few more minutes and a video suddenly went on. A projector was prepared in front of us flashing a video.

 

D-Day 10: Brain storming

 

The video showed Taeyeon searching for something on the net, occasionally writing something on the notebook she had.

 

The video went on with the other days she spent on preparing for this confession. Sigh. Tiffany is very lucky to have her.

 

D-Day 1: Think positive

 

Thinking of the video’s title, I smiled, remembering how she would always remind me of that whenever I think the opposite way.

 

Tomorrow is the day. I can do this. I’ll nail this one. Fighting!

 

That’s how she cheered herself. How cute.

 

After that video, another video started playing. I guess this is the real thing now. I saw photos of Tiffany flashing--- my heart sunk. I am never gonna cry. Never.

 

As the photos kept flashing… words together with the photos flashed.

 

Your eye smile. The way you speak in English. Your obsession to pink. I like it all.

 

Can I still suppress what I’m feeling right now? Can I? Tears are starting to form in my eyes. No.

 

My ultimate crush. My one and only crush. That will always be who you are for me.

 

With that, I lowered my head and started wiping the tears formed in my eyes. I don’t want anyone to see me like this.

 

Just then and there… I heard a familiar song. That one person, You—our favorite ballad jam.

 

I don’t want to see this. I kept my gaze down. I can hear her voice now. She’s singing this song to Tiffany. Everyone in the room cheered. I can’t… I just can’t.

 

♫♫♫

Is this what love is?
Does it hurt the more you do it?
The more I get closer to you
My feelings grow bigger
It scares me

Such a precious person to me
That person, who won’t ever come again
That’s it for me, that’s enough
Just the fact that I love you

The one person who can’t see me though I am looking
The one person who can’t hear me though I am calling
Do you even remember me?
Do you even think of me?
Just once, please

The only thing I can do is cry but
Like a fool, I am waiting
Please come to me now
Come to me just like this
My last wish is that one person, you

♫♫♫



 

She suddenly stopped singing. She sang beautifully together with whoever plays the guitar and piano… while I kept on wiping the tears in my eyes. No one probably saw me or they are just thinking that I got emotional because Taeyeon’s my best friend.

 

I felt a nudge from my side. I looked at it and saw Sunny. She pointed at the direction of the screen. I smiled at her. I don’t know if I can continue on this… but I’ll try my very best. For my Taeyeonnie~ just for her.

 

I turned my sight on to the direction Sunny pointed but Taeyeon caught my eye. She’s dressed in just a simple jeans and t-shirt but still, having that elegance in her. She’s not looking at my direction but instead at the screen. I looked around and everyone’s focused on the video. Some of them are cheering. I don’t really know if I can look at it. I can’t.

 

“Yah~ Sica! Be supportive of your best friend, watch the video.” Sunny spoke to me.

 

Be hurt or… be hurt. This is it.

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

 

I started singing again the second verse.

 

♫♫♫

To you, I’m a small person
Just someone you know
That’s it for me, that’s enough
Just the reason of love

♫♫♫


 

She had her eyes wide open with her hands covering . Success Kim Taeyeon!

 

♫♫♫

The one person who can’t see me though I am looking
The one person who can’t hear me though I am calling
Do you even remember me?
Do you even think of me?
Just once, please

That one person, you
You are my only love
My heart can’t let you go
Just as much as I love you
Each minute and each second hurts so much

The one person who appears even when I close my eyes
The person who is next to me even in my dreams
Do you even remember me?
Do you even think of me?
I miss you, please

The only thing I can do is cry but
Like a fool, I am waiting
Please come to me now
Come to me just like this

My last wish is that one person, you


♫♫♫

 

I ended the song keeping my gaze on her. I am the happiest person right now. She may be in tears right now but… I know behind that every tear is happiness.

 

“Here’s the flowers Taeyeon.” Everyone’s cheering while I made my way to my love with the bouquet in my hand.

 

Every step makes my heart thump faster and louder. This day had finally come and I’m not gonna ruin this.

 

“Hey~ are you okay?” I stood in front of her while hugging her. She’s on her seat. She had her hands on her face. She’s crying so hard right now.

 

I caressed her back while the others kept on cheering.

 

I suddenly felt her move. I let her go. Hands still on her face wiping every tear, she stood up.

 

“How could you?” She said while gasping for air.

 

I grab a glass of water on the near table and gave it to her.

 

“Yah~ drink some of this before you talk.” She obeyed and I just smiled.

 

Few more minutes and she let her hands down and there… I saw her beautiful face again. I smiled lovingly to her.

 

“I don’t want to see you cry. Please stop.” I caressed her face.

 

“Then why did you do this?” Here comes her deadly stare.

 

“To surprise you. And I surprised you.” I grinned at her before I offered the bouquet of flowers.

 

“Babo~ You don’t know how I felt since yesterday.” She accepted the flowers but had her gaze down.

 

“No. Of course I do~ our hearts are connected.” I’m really not a romantic one but these cheesy lines are just coming out--- just for her.

 

“When did you learn those cheesy lines? Or from whom did you learn all of that?” She finally stared back at me.

 

“From us!” The group of boys suddenly shouted and I just chuckled at them.

 

“You heard them.” I smiled.

 

“Yah! This is getting so long! Just tell her Taeyeon what you want to say.” I heard Sunny said.

 

“Alright then…” I breathed so deep before I locked my gaze on her.

 

“You’re the best. You will always be the best for me. You’re my best friend… but… will you be my best girlfriend?”

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I was shocked. Extremely shocked. Never have I thought that this day will come. This midget is just full of surprises.

 

Earlier, I was crying because I was hurt but now… I’m crying because of happiness. Right in front of me is Kim Tayeon asking me to be not just her best friend but also her best girlfriend. I smiled at her lovingly and just said the magic words.

 

“Yes. I will be your one and only best girlfriend.” And everyone went wild.

 

We hugged each other tightly.

 

“I love you Kim Taeyeon. My Taeyeonnie~” I whispered to her.

 

“I love you too Jung Sooyeon. My Ice Princess. My Sica~” She whispered back.

 

We pulled away from each other’s arms and smiled at our friends.

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

 

“Wow~ this is so new to me.” We’re on our way home, walking with our hands linked.

 

“You should be used to it from now on.” She smiled to me with her cute little dimples. How I love that.

 

I nod and just stared at her for a few minutes.

 

I really want to ask her lots of questions but I guess my questions doesn't really matter now. All I just want to do is stare her beautiful face. 

 

“Yah~ looked at where you’re going.” She said to me.

 

“I’ve never really got the chance to look at you this close.” I smiled and looked straight on the way we are walking through.

 

“Really? How about that one time you leaned to my shoulder and I turned to face you. That really shocked me you know.” I remember that time. I never thought she felt the same way at that time.

 

“I was in shock too and didn’t realize such things.” I chuckled while remembering that moment.

 

“Here you are.” I looked up and saw that we’re in front of our house now.

 

“Right~” I smiled at her.

 

“Bye~ I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” She let go of my hand and stood back a little.

 

“Okay then.” I walked up to her and gave her a peck on her cheek.

 

“I wasn’t expecting for that but… I like it though.” She grinned widely at me.

 

“Such a kid. You better go now.” I stuck my tongue out to her and step back.

 

“Okay.Bye~” I smiled at her and was about to go inside when I heard her call out my name again.

 

“What is it?” I faced her.

 

“I’m just gonna give you this.” She gave me the paper bag that she’s holding since we left the coffee shop.

 

“What is this?” I looked confused.

 

“Just open it.” She smiled at me again with those cute little dimples.

 

“You shouldn’t be giving me---“ .

 

“You like it?”

 

Who wouldn’t like this cute pink bag? The bag that I tried to catch up on that one specific mall because they said it’s a limited one.

 

“Why do you always surprise me?” I slapped her shoulder while having the widest smile I could give to her.

 

“Because I love you…” I can’t take this cheesy lines from Kim Taeyeon.

 

“Then I’ll surprise you too…” I smiled before I walked up to her and locked my gaze on her.

 

“You’re the best for me too. My Taeyeonnie~” Right then and there, I leaned in to close the gap between us. Our lips touched, giving me goosebumps, while I encircled my arms on her neck deepening the kiss. I feel her smile as we kissed. This will be the best moment of my life.

 

Thank you Kim Taeyeon.

 

My Taeyeonnie~

 

 

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

A/N: Please comment below and tell me what you think about the story. Hihi

What I need to improve and maybe some ideas for the future fics I'll make. :D

Thank you! :D