Bestfriend

You Are The Best

You're the THE BEST

 

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

Sigh.

 

“I love you, T---“

 

“Sica~”

 

I was about to say her name while looking at her photo on my phone. Thank God I was cut by her. I immediately placed my phone on my pocket.

 

“Yes, Taeyeonnie?” I forced a smile.

 

“I heard you saying I love you to someone… are you keeping a secret to me?” She gave me this questioning look but I manage not to be obvious of what I truly feel.

 

“Yes, I did.” I grinned at her.

 

“Yah! Who is it?” She immediately grabbed me by my elbow and sat beside me.

 

“The usual… him.” I showed her my current wallpaper on my phone.

 

“Ooohhh~ Kwon Yul.” She said dryly.

 

Since then, she never liked me liking Kwon Yul. She will always tell me how Yul had never been serious to every lover he had. To be honest, I really do have a crush on him. He totally has the characteristic of my ideal man. I was straight. Yes, I am not now.  And it’s all because of this girl beside me. She made me feel this way. I don’t know when it started, it just did.

 

“Hey~ you’re spacing out again Sica.” I feel her nudge me.

 

“Sorry, I’m just… tired.” I forced a smile again.

 

“This is why I don’t want you to play soccer again. You’re going to be sick if you won’t listen to me.” I can see her concern through her eyes. This is one of the main reason why I like--- love her, she rarely open up herself but when she do you will have to be ready and accept everything she says or offers.

 

“Taeyeon-ahh~ I’m fine. This is not because of me playing soccer again. I guess I’m just tired of thinking how to make Yul fall in love with me.” Of course, I was just joking at the last part of what I’ve said. I just want to make the mood a little lighter but I guess it didn’t work because I can see Taeyeon’s scrunched up face.

 

“You can still make jokes and drag that Yul’s name.” She hissed before looking away from me. Sometimes, I don’t know if we’re just best friends or more than that. Well, I’m just the one who’s thought of  that.

 

“My Taeyeonnie’s jealous? Aigoooo~” I said with my aegyo voice.

 

“Yah!”

 

! Our faces are just inches away. I was leaning on to her shoulders when she turns her face back to me. Why does she have to do that? If only she could hear my heart’s loud thumping right now, she’ll probably get deaf.

 

She grinned at me before she stood up while I’m still in shock.

 

“I’ll be going now Sica~ I’m going to meet Fany.” Fany again. I just gave her a smile and waved her goodbye.

 

I’m left all alone again. From the start of our friendship, I knew she’s bent. Way too bent. And that she had a crush on this Tiffany girl. Taeyeon had always thought that I’m straight as a metal pole. Does she even know that those things can be bent? She bent me.

Back then, when I’m still this straight metal pole, she would always tell everything about the girl. I know the extent of how she likes the girl which is why I feel really hopeless… especially that they’re seeing each other now and became close friends. I’ve always had the fear of losing her--- my Taeyeonnie.

 

I suddenly remembered a moment you made my heart beat really fast. I smiled.

 

Flashback

 

“I can feel that it’s already bought by someone since it’s a limited edtion.” I pouted as Taeyeon drove going to the mall.

 

“Think positive Sica~ I can feel too that that bag and you is destined to be together.” I chuckled as she said those last words while she just smiled.

 

“Stop giving me false hopes Taeyeon-ah.”

 

“False hopes? No, I’m just telling the truth.”

 

“Whatever~ just drive faster and let’s get that bag.”

 

“If I drive faster, we can’t really get that bag ‘cause we’re probably at the hospital due to car accident.” She looked at me and smiled before looking back to the road.

 

“Trying to be funny huh?” I stuck my tongue out on her in which she probably didn’t saw.

 

A few more minutes and we’ve finally arrived at the mall. I immediately got out of the car and went straight inside the mall while Taeyeon’s at my back.

 

“Sica~ slow down. Remember your motto?” Taeyeon said as she managed to reach my side.

 

“This is not the right time for that motto Taeyeon-ah… you know that.” I’m still walking--- well, probably running on my way to the bags section of the mall.

 

“Sometimes I don’t know if you have some psychological problem or you’re just naturally like that.” I heard her say but I just ignored her.

 

“Yah~ why are you ignoring me?”

 

“The bag…” I whispered enough for Taeyeon to hear.

 

She bumped at me when I suddenly stopped.

 

“Wae?” She looked at me then the direction where I’m looking at.

 

“Oh~” She said softly.

 

“The bag and I are not destined for each other.” I just stood there.

 

“Sica~ there are lots of malls and shops in Korea, we can probably look for another one.” She said as she caressed my back.

 

“But… it is said that it was a limited edition.” I bowed my head. I know I’m over reacting but it’s just how I truly feel. No one knows, except Taeyeon, how I love bags—anything that is fashionable.

 

I raised my head when I heard nothing from the girl at my back.

 

“Where is that kid?” I walked a little more and from afar I saw Taeyeon talking to a sale’s lady.

 

I was going to their direction and Taeyeon saw me.

 

“She said that the bag was just bought minutes ago.”

 

Sigh.

 

“Ma’am, that’s the girl who bought the bag.” The sale’s lady suddenly spoke.

 

“It’s… her.” I mumbled. It’s Tiffany--- Taeyeon’s crush.

 

I looked at Taeyeon’s face and I can’t tell what she’s thinking. She’s probably admiring the girl again. Sigh.

 

“Yah~ you should be on my side yet here you are fantasizing about that girl again.” I slapped her shoulder.

 

“She’s just beautiful.” She finally looked away from the girl and grinned at me.

 

“Whatever.” I walked away.

 

“Sica~ wait! Where are we going now?” She catches up on me.

 

“Home.” I said coldly.

 

“Oooohh~ the Ice Princess  is on it again.”

 

I just ignored her.

 

“Sica~” She called out my name trying to get a response from me but I still ignored her.

 

I just continued on walking when I saw in my peripheral view that she’s gone on my side already.

 

5

 

4

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

“Sooyeonnieee~” And just like a timed bomb, I smiled as I heard her call me on my Korean name. I stopped and turned my back to see her.

 

“Would you like this bug?” She handed me out a bug toy. I just shook my head and smiled at her randomness.

 

“So… I’m forgiven huh? Then let’s eat ice cream.” She immediately placed the bug toy back on its place and dragged me, linking her hand to mine.

 

My. Heart. Beats. So. Fast--- my Taeyeonnie.

 

 

Flashback end

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

 

Hi there~ I would like to invite you tomorrow at the park. 

 

It’s Yul. Why is he inviting me all of a sudden? We’re close now but… wait—is he trying to have a date with me? I somehow felt happy at the thought of it.

 

I immediately texted Taeyeon about Yul inviting me at the park. I somehow thought that she’ll get jealous but I know she won’t--- never.

 

I smiled as I received a reply from her.

 

Wow! That’s amazing then~ even though I don’t like him for you I’m still happy that he finally noticed you. You’re my best friend Jessica. What makes you happy, makes me happy too. :D

Anyway, I was about to tell you something personally but… I think I’ll just say it here. I’m going to confess tomorrow. I hope you could come~ you know the coffee shop that we usually go to? That’ll be the venue. Waaaah! I really hope everything will work out on the both of us. J See you tomorrow.

 

Sigh. She’s going to confess to Fany tomorrow. Should I come? But if I don’t come… she’ll probably feel sad. Her one and only best friend didn’t come to the most important part of her life. Tsssss.

 

Really? Wow! That’s amazing too~ I’ll be there Taeyeon-ah. Fighting! J

 

 I replied. Tears started flowing on my eyes. I don’t want to cry anymore--- but it hurts. I just went to my bed and buried my face to the pillows, releasing every pain I tried to hide somewhere deep in my heart. My Taeyeonnie~

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

 

I tried to put some make-up on my swollen eyes but it didn’t work.

 

“I’m going to meet Yul with this kind of eyes. What will he say? What will I reason out?” I sighed before I got my bag and went out to see Yul.

 

The drive on the park was quite fast since it’s not that far from home.

 

Where are you?

 

I texted him. While waiting for his reply, I sat on one of the park benches.

 

I’m at the park already. Where are you? I’ll just go there. J

 

He’s kind of a gentleman. He doesn’t want me to get tired, isn’t it?

 

I’m at the benches near the entrance.

 

Few more minutes and I saw him, waving at me with his beautiful smile.

 

“Hi.” I smiled as he reached me.

 

“You look beautiful.” He flashed again his smile at me. I still like Taeyeon’s smile--- with that cute little dimples.

 

“Thank you~ saying beautiful to someone who only have jeans and shirt on is such an unusual one.” I smiled before I tapped the sit beside me, telling him to sit.

 

“Simplicity is beauty, that’s what they say and I believe in that.” He still has that smile on him. How I wish I could just fall in love with you right now with that smile of yours.

 

“Yah! Why are you acting so weird? You’re not like that when we see each other at school.” I slapped his shoulder.

 

“Wae? Isn’t it what a guy does on their first date with a girl?” I smiled as he said the word date. So this is really a date.

 

“It’s just not what I expect from you.” I stuck my tongue out on him.

 

“Hey~ what do you mean by that huh?” He chuckled showing his perfect white teeth.

 

“It’s for you to find out. Anyway, are we just staying here? I still have…uhhh--- something to attend to later.” I chuckled but it fades away immediately after I said the last few words, remembering the event later.

 

“Ahhh~ really? How about we eat first?” He stood up and offered his hand.

 

“Okay then, since I’m starving from all the ridiculous words you’ve said earlier.” I smiled before I grabbed his hand and stood up.

 

“I guess I will like you when we meet on my second life.” I heard him say as we started to walk out of the park. What does he mean? Am I getting dump by him? Think positive Sica!

 

 

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

A/N: I know I haven't updated my other fanfics.

But I just had to write this... my Taengsic heart just kept on bugging me. haha

This is just a two-shot story. Hihi

Anyway, Thank you for supporting my fics and I love y'all! :D

(Credits to the owner of the photo above. You're the best!)