I'm Here, I'm Right Here

Dear Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'M HERE, I'M RIGHT HERE
(TaengSic)

 

I'm sitting at the same old bench, looking at the same playground. You're still here, right beside me.

"Taeyeon ah," your voice cracks, and it pains me to know that I am the cause of it.

"Mmm."

"Do you remember the first time we ever came here?" Your voice is trembling. I don't like it at all.

"Yeah."

"You told me that you had something important to ask me."

I can't help but to let out a bitter laugh. "Yes, yes I did."

"But after all that anticipation, you ended up asking me if I wanted ice cream. Like what the heck Taeyeon."

"Sorry..." The first stream of tears flows down my cheek, even though that memory should give me a good enough reason to smile, to laugh.

You let out a sigh, and then abruptly, you stand up and turn to leave. I say nothing, as I follow right behind you. The road home is silent. None of us is talking. My eyes don't leave you at all, not even for a second. It's not too long after when we reach the front of our house. You aren't going in.

"What's wrong?"

You only shake your head, before you take slow steps into our house. I can't help but to feel my heart getting heavier, looking at your expression with each step you take. You turn to look at our photos on the wall, and I turn too. I can barely make out the trembles that your body is making. My body tenses up as I take quick steps forward so that I can face you. My heart breaks into a million pieces instantly. You aren't making a sound at all, but streams and streams of tears are flowing down your face relentlessly.

"J-Jessica..." I want to reach out to wipe away those tears, but I decide against it before my hand reaches your face.

"Get lost, Kim Taeyeon."

"Get lost." Jessica waved her hand in front of her face, imitating the character of Joo Joongwon from the dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter