I Thought I Hated You

Dear Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I THOUGHT I HATED YOU
(TaengSic)

I thought I'd do anything if it meant having you out of my life. I thought that the very day you finally disappear from my life would be my happiest day, if ever it comes. I thought that you were the worst person I've ever met in my entire life. I thought it'd be good if I could ever stop seeing you. I thought I hated you.

Isn't it funny how we used to start on the exact same note, and then halfway through, our friendship developed to the extent that we even attracted jealousy from others, and near the end, we were back to square one. Do you remember the first time we met? Because I sure do, and I don't even know why.

"Hey." Taeyeon muttered awkwardly to the new friend whom her best friend, Tiffany, had just introduced to her. The girl didn't reply. Instead, she only smiled, but Taeyeon didn't like that smile, because it lacked genuineness. The smile felt almost forced. How prententious, Taeyeon thought.

Why did you smile at me that way? It was such a turnoff. You should never smile like that to people you were meeting for the first time, you know that? But, how did our friendship change... That, I don't quite remember. I just remember that you took up a significant part of my life. You were that special. You were, really.

"You're here." Taeyeon smiled widely at the girl who had just walked into her workplace.

"Yes, I'm here." The girl smiled back, her hand automatically reaching towards Taeyeon's fringe, gently brushing it to the side. "Bought you some food." She lifted her other arm almost effortlessly, and Taeyeon's eyes widened a little at the amount of food she bought.

"That's a lot!"

"Those people make it look as though the only people who matter are the stars. You guys who work so hard for those stars matter too, you know?" The girl rolled her eyes, and Taeyeon almost chuckled, amused at the unique way her friend showed concern for her. It had to be then, that Taeyeon's stomach growled, and she held her stomach in embarrassment.

"Shucks, you weren't supposed to witness this."

"Fret not. Since the heroine is here to save your poor little stomach, right?" The girl teased, and Taeyeon wanted to glare at her. She didn't, in the end, because she couldn't bear to, especially when that smile the girl gave radiated so much beauty and happiness.

"I'm so glad to have you, you know?"

"Trust me. People think that I should be glad to have you. This is the time I wish I was a boy instead. Getting you would be a totally easy feat, isn't it?" The girl wiggled her eyebrows, and earned a stinging smack from Taeyeon, who pulled her into a hug after that.

Why did all of that change? Why did they have to change? Why did you have to change? Why did I have to change?

"Stop that. You're making me nauseous." Taeyeon told the tearful girl.

"I'm not. you I'm not!"

"I'm not them, okay? My heart's not gonna soften like it's a piece of crap and then take you in all over again."

"What's making you say all these?!"

"You think that I didn't know? All those crying? They already gave you the pity from all those guys. You don't need mine too." Taeyeon kept glaring at the girl, whose lips were trembling so badly from her crying. "You're such a pretentious , you know?"

Tiffany tried to mend things between us, but it never worked. I never understood why you always had to make yourself look like you needed protection. I never understood why you always had to make yourself look so weak. I never understand why those guys still showered you with care and concern. Were they blind? How could they have not seen through your plot?

"TaeTae, no matter what, the two of you used to be so close. Stop saying such things to her, will you?" Tiffany was almost begging.

"Miyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter