Will You Love Me?

Dear Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WILL YOU LOVE ME?
(TaengSic ft. Tiffany)

"Promise me... You'll find someone worthy..."

"No... No!"

"You de... You...deserve much better than...this..."

"No... I don't want anyone else... It's you I want. It's you!"

"Taeng... Taeng!" Taeyeon's eyes shot open and she sat up in shock.

"H-hey..." The girl barely managed to mutter, as her friend's face came into view.

"Why are you...crying...?" Taeyeon's eyes widened when she registered her words, and she brought her hand to her face and realised that her friend was right. She could feel the wetness on her cheeks. Flustered, she quickly wiped her face with the back of her hand.

"I just...had a bad dream, I guess," she replied mindlessly, half hoping her friend would leave her alone.

"You know what, come with me."

"Wait what? No Jessica I don't rea-" She wanted to resist, but her friend was much stronger than her, in a sense.

"Come on." The girl named Jessica managed to pull Taeyeon out of her chair, as she dragged her out of the office.

The two girls stood in the elevator, not saying a word. Taeyeon didn't know why she had followed Jessica out. Neither did she know why she made herself have this awkward silence with the girl in the elevator. She shuffled a little, uneasily, before she finally blurted, "Where are we...going?"

"We'll see," was Jessica's response, and Taeyeon found herself being confused.

Taeyeon's girlfriend, or perhaps ex-girlfriend, Tiffany, had passed away after losing the fight with a respiratory infection. Tiffany had struggled long enough, and Taeyeon knew that letting go of that breath would be the best option for Tiffany. But, how easy was it, on the other hand, to let go of someone you had loved so much? She almost fell into depression witnessing how Tiffany had been suffering, and it didn't help, when Tiffany forced her to make the promise that she will find someone else worthy of love after her departure. The girl never liked the word "death", and so she never used that word.

Tiffany finally couldn't hold on any longer, and she left for the angels in heaven that day. She was lying there, motionless. Taeyeon was sobbing endlessly by her side. Tiffany's family members were looking on at the side, trying their best to hold in their tears, having accepted the fact that she would leave them any day, since a week ago. And then there was Jessica, quietly standing behind Taeyeon, comforting the girl, while her own tears flowed continuously. Tiffany and Taeyeon were her closest friends, and it hurt her to watch her friend stop breathing. It wouldn't stop replaying in her mind, how Tiffany had reminded her again and again, to take care of Taeyeon when she was gone. Take care of her for me, won't you? Jessi... I'm so proud of you. I always am. Remember that. Jessica could almost imagine the exact way Tiffany had spoken.

Jessica knew so well, how it felt like to lose Tiffany. If it was this painful for her, she couldn't imagine how it would feel like to be Taeyeon. She knew that all she could do for Taeyeon, was to stay by her side. Of course, at the most well hidden corner in her heart, she had hoped that she would be able to provide Taeyeon with the same warmth that Tiffany once did. But she knew that it was impossible. All Taeyeon saw was Tiffany, and she knew that she never stood a chance. Jessica had a huge fight with Tiffany, when she had first found out that Tiffany and Taeyeon were dating. She told Tiffany that it was a betrayal. You still took her when I clearly said that I was interested in her. Jessica had lashed out at Tiffany one day, to which Tiffany replied. I didn't know... I just... We just... It happened... Jessi I'm sorry... I treasure you so much, but how do I stop myself from holding onto Taeyeon now when we both love each other? Would you give us your blessing? Your blessing would mean so much to me Jessi... Jessica replied a straight no, and their friendship came to a standstill.

It wasn't a good two months later, when Jessica realised how much the two girls were in love with each other. Love her right. Or you know I would. Jessica left this warning for Tiffany, and the two of them, which later on became three, took finally baby steps to rebuild their friendship all over again. It didn't take long for the three of them to build an indestructible and unbreakable bond, and the girls swore they would never be able to live without one another.

Then, it happened. Tiffany left them.

"Why are we at the Han River?" Taeyeon dropped Jessica a look, but the latter wouldn't say anything. She only slightly leaned forward, letting her toned stomach rest against the railing, while her hands held onto the railing, supporting her weight. Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows. She wasn't exactly in the mood to entertain the ice princess, and the bad dream didn't help a single bit. Frustration was slowly getting to her, each second Jessica spoke nothing. "Look, I'm really not in the mood t-"

"Taeyeon." Taeyeon found herself shutting up with just one word from the slightly younger girl. She didn't know why she couldn't tear her eyes off the girl. "Tiffany she..." Jessica paused, as she swallowed her saliva. "She was...so dear to us, wasn't she? No wait, she still is. She always is." Taeyeon only gulped when the familar sour feeling was at again. She mimicked Jessica, settling herself into the same posture, before she looked far away at the calm waters in front of her.

"Yes. She always is."

"It was so great to have her around. That loud voice..." Jessica chuckled, although she could feel her tears coming up at the back of . "So loud, Taeyeon. She was so loud." Taeyeon joined in with a slight laugh, but tears were similarly welling up in her eyes, and her smile slowly faded.

"So loud...that it's so quiet now." Taeyeon's frown set in, as she tried to let her emotions settle down. "It's too quiet for me, Sica ya."

"How I wish she's...here with us." Jessica managed to let the words out of . "How I wish...she can make you smile again, Taengoo." Taeyeon blinked a couple of times, as she brought her eyes to meet Jessica's, but the latter wouldn't look back at her. It surprised Taeyeon when Jessica smiled, all of a sudden. But that smile on her face was too sad for Taeyeon's liking. "Only know you love her when you let her go." Jessica's melancholic voice froze Taeyeon's heart for a second. It was so cold, so lonely.

"N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter