Where Did You Go?

Dear Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WHERE DID YOU GO?
(TaengSic)

I slowly cracked open my eyes, squinting a little when the blinding light got to me. With some difficulty, I finally sat up and took a first look at my surroundings. Now, where was I...? Nothing looked familiar to me. I was just in a room, on a bed, with nothing else, except a door. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to gather my thoughts. And they came back indeed. Those thoughts, those memories.

It was a car wreck, and she died before my eyes. But I followed suit not too long after, wasn't it? It took me a good minute before it finally got to me - I probably was dead. Hopeful all of a sudden, I looked around yet again, wanting to catch a glimpse of her. If I was there, she was going to be there too. Dosen't it work that way? But it was just an empty room. I figured, you probably don't really get a second chance once your lifetime was over. Letting out a sigh, I stood up and walked towards the only door. I hesitated just before I turned the knob. What was going to be out there? I really had no idea, at all. But then again, what good would it do to stay where I was? I took in a deep breath and prepared myself, before I turned that knob.

Wow. Just, wow. I mean, wow because it was the exact same world that I had been living in before I...well...died. When I turned back in the hope to see how the little house I was in just a moment ago looked like, I was surprised when nothing was there. It was as if I had been left on this huge patch of grass right from the very start. I sensed something amiss, when the colours around me that my eyes registered were of a darker shade, seemingly ominous. It was as if someone applied a grey filter over it. Was that how it should be like when someone dies? Half expecting to not be seen by the passersby, I hesitantly waved to one of them.

"H-hi...?" I wasn't even shocked when she walked right through me. Damn. So what now? I was a ghost? I scratched the back o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter