There's No Place I'd Rather Be

Dear Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THERE'S NO PLACE I'D RATHER BE
(TaengSic)

"Tae...yeon... Come here..." I weakly called out to her. The bus was a wreck. It was unsightly. I didn't want to see anything else, except her. I could see her trying to move. I would reach out to her if I could, if I wasn't hurting so much, if I had even that slightest energy, but I didn't have that privilege. "A little bit more... Come on..." I could only give her strength through my voice. It pained me, when I saw that expression on her face. She was biting hard on her teeth, trying to move to my side.

She was finally within reach, and I used that only bit of energy left to put my arm behind her neck, holding her in my arms.

"You...okay...?" I asked her. But who was I kidding? Who could still be okay when the bus they were in had overturned and almost rolled off the cliff?

"Y-yeah. I'm okay..." She couldn't look back up at me, and only replied with her head buried in my chest.

"Hurting...?"

"Hurting...very much..."

"I'm here... Don't be scared... I'm here..." I didn't know why my voice was shaking. Was I uncertain myself? Was I scared myself?

"Are...are you okay...?" It was her turn to ask instead.

"Yes... Yes I'm okay."

"Good."

"Yeah, good."

I felt like millions of blades were stabbing me right at this moment, and I believed that it wasn't any better for her. But surprisingly, it was bearable. It was bearable because she was here with me. I took a minute longer to get accustomed to the pain, and then I spoke.

"Taeyeon?"

"M-mm...?" I couldn't explain how glad I was to hear her response. Any moment, any moment her replies may cease, together with her breathing. The same goes to me.

"Do you remember the first time we met?" Tears were forming in my eyes, but I was smiling. I could hear her laughing slightly, although somehow, I could hear her physical pain through her voice.

"Yeah..."

"How about...the first time I held your hand?"

"I held yours first..."

"H-haha... That was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter