Only Know You Love Her When You Let Her Go

Dear Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONLY KNOW YOU LOVE HER WHEN YOU LET HER GO
(TaengSic)

You only need the light when it's burning low. I never knew how dark my room was, until I could no longer see the spark in your eyes. I never knew how cold it was, until I could no longer feel your warmth with me under the blanket. I never knew how lonely it could be, until I was left with no choice but to live without you. I never knew how regretful regrets were, until I regretted every single moment I failed to spend with you.

"Girls' Generation is coming here for a concert! Damn! We're so going." Taeyeon was jumping excitedly in Jessica's office, while the latter was typing away on her computer, seemingly not listening to her. "Jessica Jung, did you hear me?"

"Mmm," came her mindless reply.

"So which day should we attend?" The older girl couldn't hide her happiness.

"Yup." When Jessica mumbled a completely irrelevant answer, Taeyeon kept silent as her eyes narrowed. Sensing the sudden silence in the office, Jessica finally looked up from her computer. "Yeah? Sorry? What did you say?"

"I'm asking you which day should we attend."

"What which day?" Jessica blinked a couple of times, suddenly feeling a little guilty for not paying attention earlier on.

"Gosh Jessica! Girls' Generation's concert! Have you been listening?" Taeyeon was getting frustrated, and her mood was totally killed.

"Oh, sorry... Uh... I don't know... I've a lot of projects coming up and I've yet t-"

"It's just for a few hours! Damn!"

"But I... Alright, I'll check out my schedule and see if we can fit in a date."

The concert never happened. I managed to convince you to catch their next tour instead, when I'm no longer caught up with work. Or rather, you were forced to accept it. I remember you not talking to me for days, especially on the day of the concert itself. It wasn't so pleasant for me to see that disappointment in your eyes, actually. I was sorry for that. I really was.

You only miss the sun when it starts to snow. I never knew how enjoyable it was to be out in the sun with you, until I could no longer have your company. I never knew how much I hated the snow, until I could no longer see yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter