one

Coach's Daughter

"bom, meet me at the field today okay. Let's eat out tonight. My treat" Mr.Yoon kiss his daughter's cheek before grabbing his sport shoes and head out. 

"Seriously dad ? At the field ? You always make me go there. Ugh .." Bomi want to protest but just let out a big sigh once she notice her father already gone. There we go again, the same routine of Yoon's family. Bomi's father is a coach for her college soccer team. And it's either Mr. Yoon drag her to the green field or she went by herself with annoyed face on. She hates soccer. What's so good about playing with 11 people on the field , running around for that round thing ?. She really don't understand. And what's up with the people who claimed themselves as a die-hard fans of soccer ? 

Bomi sigh again. She pick up the plates and wash the dishes. She have another 2 hours to go and if you think she would go to the field early is a big NO. Bomi rather sit in her room, staring at the wall until the time the soccer team finish their training. It's better if she go and their training finish on time. Oh, you don't know how much she hates soccer. If you ask Bomi, she'll say "Well, should I have a reason?"

But today is an exception, Bomi decide to go early and wait for her father. She's excited to go for dinner with her father. It's been a long time since they have one. After Bomi's mother died in a plane crash 5 years ago, Bomi and her father hardly went out together and her father busy schedules make it worst. But at least, they still talk to each other. Bomi loves her father so much and she thinks soccer takes her father from her.

 Bomi put on a plain white Chanel t-shirt with a pink-peach stripe cardigan and match it with dark blue jeans. She tie up her hair and take her favorite flat shoes with her. Once she done, she makes sure the door locked. The field where they always train every evening is not too far from her house so she decide to walk. She's sure her father drive the car today since he promise they would go out for dinner tonight.

As Bomi arrive at the Gwangnam-gu Stadium, she go straight to the field. And she found another reason why she hates watching they trained. Kim Jung Ah and her cliques. The die-hard fans of the team. They didn't like soccer but they willing to like it. It's because they like the players more than the soccer itself. 

"kyaaaaaaaaaaa ! oppa ! so handsome !" 

oh and did she mention how she hates the plastic princesess squeal and yelling ? you don't know how much she despise them. Kim Jung Ah , Park Li Ling, Xiu She Yen and Son Hee Nim, the queenka and four of them make it to the top 20 of who is the richest in their college. The plastics four is actually an original members of the cheerleders team. Well, now you know where they got their voice. The cheerleeders sometimes do their training at the same stadium as the soccer team. Most of their training are here since Jung Ah is the leader. And she didn't accept 'no' as an answer. y ? Bomi know well the feelings. Because of them, she kind a have a hard time on her first year at college. It's a relieve she met her bestfriends.

Bomi glance her watch, 5.45 pm and she didn't see any sign that the training will be end. Bomi sigh. Bomi is sitting far away from the field. Not wanting to disturb the training and also the plastic princesses. 

"I hate soccer," Bomi muttered while watching the practice from the coach bench. She yawned, it was still twenty minutes left before the game ended. Her eyes caught Namjoo's shadow across the field. She shook her head a little. Stupid girl, why she voluntarily became the manager of the team: It's not just time consuming, but also tiring, and come on, it's not fun at all. 

"Why?" Bomi turned her head hearing the voice behind her. She frowned, Xi Luhan? He was one of the team member, her father always told her how bright his future in the green field would be. "Why do you hate soccer?" Luhan took some steps towards her, she noticed that the captain walked with a limp, maybe from leg injury. 

Not ashamed of being caught, Bomi scoffed while Luhan took two seat further than her, "The question is, why many people like this game," she smirked. "It's not even interesting," 

"But your father is a coach," 

"Still not enough reason for me,"

"I'm sure you have your own reason. But I have mine too," he said. She frowned again when Luhan flashed a smile, "Did you ever fall in love?" 

Bomi blushed in a second, she swore it was not because his sparkling doe eyes pierced her soul, "Why do you even care?" she barked, taken aback because of the sudden question. 

"In soccer, you can't play alone: you need a team, you need a partner, so that everything works out well. You have to share burden, happiness, and sadness with them. The more you run after the ball, the more worthy your win would be," he turned his head and gave her a subtle smile, "Soccer is similar with falling in love, isn't it?" 

Bomi blinked several times, it's definitely something wrong with her body. It's maybe because of the evening sky behind Luhan's silhouette, it's maybe because of what he said earlier, it's maybe because of those sparkling eyes and his smile. It's maybe because all of them combined. She didn't even know why.

"You know what, you should stay away from me. I don't want to get in any trouble with your girlfriend" Bomi said as she stand up and walk to his father. Luhan look at who she is talking about and saw Kim Jung Ah staring right back ah him with eagle eyes. Her eyes following Bomi's step with a sharp glare. 

"But she's not my girlfriend" 

"Bom, I saw you're talking to Luhan" Her father said.

"Don't ask. Let's go, I'm hungry" She pout.

"Alright alright" Mr. Yoon ruffles his daughter's hair and off to the city.

 

The next day, Bomi walk to school like she always did and right before she enters the school gate, Kim Jung Ah has already advancing toward her.

'ugh, what did she want'  

"Yoon Bomi" She say her name with annoyance. 

"What do you want?" 

"I want you to stay away from my Luhan" She sternly giving Bomi a warning. 

"Really ? My Luhan ? Wow, i didn't saw any tag around his neck yesterday saying that he's your" sarcasm added. 

"You !" 

"Look here, I don't want any trouble again with you. I have nothing , zero feelings toward your Luhan and I don't have any interest on him nor want to talk to him. Yesterday was nothing. Is that clear Miss Kim Jung Ah ?" Bomi said and walk pass her. Jung Ah seems flustered at her reply.

"Oh and by the way, you might want to avoid the sun. You'd burn" She wink and happily walk to her locker.

"Damn it !" Jung Ah stompped on her feet and walk to her class. That girl will surely get from her.

"Do you really have no interest on me?" Bomi turned her head hearing a voice behind her. 

"Oh you hear ?" She said sarcatically and close her locker. It's recess and Bomi decide to study at the library. Her mathematic test is next week and she can't afford to get another F in her exam. It would be a dead meat for her if her father know. 

"I'm still waiting for your answer" he said following her. 

"I see that your leg is fine now. Do you want another injury, Mr.Captain ?" She turn around and face him. 

"No. Not really but I really curious though" he said, still wanting to hear her answer. 

"No" Bomi answer and turn her back. She enter the library and take one of the seat that a bit far from others. 

"What no ?" 

"Oh God ! Luhan ! I thought you're gone"

"Nah, still here" he smiles. 

"You want an answer and I give you one so stop pestering me. Your girlfriend will kill me if she see us" Bomi said emphasizing the word 'your' while rolling her eyes. 

"She's not my girlfriend and i like you. Gotta go. Bye girlfriend" Luhan kissed her cheek leaving Bomi flustered before he run toward his soccer mates.

"W-what ?!" Bomi turn around and saw Luhan winking at her.

"stupid boy" she smiles and turn to search for the books she need. 

Without they knowing , there is someone watching their whole scene together.

"I'll show you Yoon Bomi. You just wait" the person behind the closed door clenched her teeth when she saw Luhan kissed Bomi's cheek. Her heart burn and her mind are working for ideas to destroy Bomi.

If she didn't get Luhan, nobody will.

 

 

 

 

foot note : i believe everyone are anticipating the story. thank you so much for the subscribers :) i love you all mucho ! sorry for the late update, this was suppose to be updated last week but i'm so busy because i have class today and tomorrow before we have our Raya break. And i'm also here to say that i'm sorry to those who families are the passengers of MH17. As you guys know, our country has yet again received another heartbroken news. MAS Airlines plane MH17 was shot down by unknown and crash down. Last location they said was Ukraine. I didn't know why they had to do this. Why Malaysia ? My condolence towards the family and the crews. May they rest in peace and I hope our government will find who is the mastermind of all this. After MH370, i don't think Malaysians can accept another heartbroken news. I know there must be some conspiracy over all this incidents happen but whatever it is, why attack innocent people ? And my pray goes to my sisters and brothers in Gaza.