Green-Eyed

XOXO Cafe : LuMay Oneshot Collection

Sorry for the delay, I had trials and now another exam coming up. I really enjoyed writing this so I hope you guys like it too ^^

And I did the MCM message EXO thingy and I would really appreciate it if you guys help like my message, for the first time I'm pretty desperate ><


Green Eyed (1.83K)

      He never was the jealous type.

      Lu Han never really cared when his past girlfriends hung out with a group of guys or be exceptionally clingy with one. He never felt his stomach churning or the feeling of anger welling up in his chest and clouding over his vision when he saw his exes hanging out with the male species.  Lu Han liked to think that he’s just one of those rare guys that were just understanding.

      That thought came to slap him in the face the second he met Maylin.

      He was in denial of course, putting it off as annoyance whenever he saw her idly chatting with Min Seok when they weren’t busy or joking around with Jongdae during breaks. He felt especially annoyed whenever Maylin and Sehun play around the café because she’s the boss for goodness’ sake.

      “She’s still a kid Lu.”

      “Still the boss.”

      “She’s not the only boss.”

      “Still.”

      “I think you’re just jealous.”

      Lu Han remembered scoffing at Min Seok, giving him a glare before he scowled when he heard Maylin screaming at Sehun to put her down. The day I get jealous because of that brat is the day I’ll drop to my knees and beg.

      Little did Lu Han know that he would be on his knees begging for Zi Tao’s permission a few months later and there was never a day that Min Seok would let him forget it.

 

 

      “Whoa whoa, what do you think you’re doing to my girlfriend?” Lu Han scowled, arms crossed over his chest as he narrowed his eyes at the blonde.

      “Umm,” Sehun blinked, “nothing?”

      Lu Han scoffed, “This,” he eyed Sehun’s arms that were wrapped around Maylin’s waist in disdain, “is nothing?” Sehun shrugged and the elder’s scowl deepened, “Put her down.”

      Maylin’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “Han, we’re just--“

      “Shush.”

      “Hyung, come on--“

      “Put. Her. Down.” Sehun rolled his eyes at his hyung’s irrationality before gently placing a frowning Maylin down on her feet. Lu Han wrapped his arm around Maylin’s waist and pulled her to his side the moment her feet was on the ground, “Go touch your boyfriend instead of my girlfriend.” He growled. The younger scoffed before walking away.

      “What was all that about Han?” Maylin asked, frown still on her lips. Lu Han tightened his hold around her waist and pecked her on the cheek, “I don’t like him touching you.”

      Her frown deepened, “He’s my best friend.”

      “I don’t care,” he said, stirring his girlfriend to the counter, his tone annoyed and he added possessively, “I don’t like him touching you. Only I can touch you.”

      “You’re being unreasonable Han.”

      “No I’m being perfectly reasonable. You’re mine so only I can touch you.” Maylin shook her head in disbelief, muttering a soft ‘whatever’.

      The soft chime of the bell fill the café as the front door swung open. Jongdae strolled in, hair dishevelled, white button up shirt messily tucked in and muffling a yawn with his hand. Maylin’s eyes lit up when Jongdae had arrived and Lu Han made a mistake of loosening his hold around his girlfriend.

      “Jongdae!” She cheered, escaping Lu Han’s hold and running to her best friend. She hadn’t seen him for the past few days since he was on a field trip for an assignment so she couldn’t help but tackle him into a hug.

      Jongdae let out a soft ‘oomph’ before his lips tugged up into a smile when he felt Maylin’s arms around his neck. He ruffled her hair affectionately with a laugh, “Hey there kiddo, miss you too.”

      Min Seok let out a sigh as he held Lu Han back from beating Jongdae into a pulp.

 

 

      Sometimes Lu Han wanted to knock some sense into his Maylin but then again, he’ll never forgive himself if he were to ever hurt her be it physically or mentally. Lu Han had found himself more exhausted than usual and the reason being his oblivious girlfriend.

      For one day can she not be so ing close to a guy other than me? He scowled. He watched with narrowed eyes at the two flirting (“they’re discussing about their project Lu”) in the secluded corner by the window. Lu Han knew he can trust his girlfriend, she was faithful and there’s no way her conscious would allow her to even think about cheating on him.

      The guy though. The guy he didn’t trust.

      “Stupid Kim ing Myungsoo,” he growled when Maylin had laughed at something her classmate had said, “I’m telling you Seok, that is trying to steal her away from me.”

      Min Seok hummed, placing the white cup he was cleaning gently on the shelf, “You’re thinking too much Lu Han.”

      “I’m serious Min Seok. Who does he think he is?”

      “Her friend?”

      Lu Han turned to his best friend with a scowl, “Was that supposed to be funny?”

      “Lu, you should really control that jealousy of yours.” Min Seok sighed, tossing the dirty rag he was using to wipe the counter into the sink.  Lu Han tensed up for a moment before crossing his arms with a huff, “I am not jealous over that bastard.”

      Min Seok gave him a pointed look.

      “…Okay fine, maybe just a little.” Lu Han admitted, looking away with his cheeks tinted pink.

      The barista placed his hands on the counter behind him and leaned back, “It’s tiring Lu Han. Not only for you but for everyone else that has to listen to you talk about whoever guy she’s close with when it’s so obvious that Maylin only has eyes for you.”

      Lu Han chewed on his bottom lip, his gaze dropping to the tiled floor, “How are you so sure that she only has eyes for me?” Lu Han knew that Maylin was really loyal. He had been told how lucky he was by many to be dating her because she’s the type of person that commits with her whole heart. Lu Han was not afraid of his girlfriend cheating on him or something as bad as that.

      He’s afraid that someone else, someone who was more worthy than him, someone who didn’t had a background like he did, might steal her heart.

      Letting out a shaky sigh, he tried to calm himself and ignore the way his throat was constricting. Lu Han couldn’t bear the thought of losing Maylin, the one person that had looked past the playboy image and actually see the real him.

      The frustration on Min Seok’s face disappeared and a knowing look took over. Being Lu Han’s best friend since high school, he knew what the other was feeling at the moment. He walked over to the blond and pat his back softly, “Go take a break Lu Han.”

      “My shift doesn’t end for another half hour though.” Min Seok took note of Lu Han’s voice cracking in the end of his sentence. He smiled, Maylin you really mean a lot to him. “I think you need the rest, I’ll tell Maylin.”

      Lu Han shook his head and straightened up, “No, I’ll tell her.” Min Seok clapped him on his shoulder before pushing him to the direction of the table Maylin was occupying. He grinned, “Don’t hurt him Lu.”

      Despite the heaviness in his chest, Lu Han snorted out a laugh, “I’ll try.”

 

 

      Maylin felt an arm around her shoulders before the smell of Lu Han’s cologne and coffee beans engulfed her. He nuzzled his nose gently against her cheek before placing a soft kiss there, “Hey baby.”

      “Hey yourself.” She smiled. He returned the smile with a quick kiss on the lips, “I’m going to take a little break, is that okay?”

      “Are you sick?” she asked, her eyes slowly going wide and her tone laced with worry. Lu Han shook his head and smiled reassuringly, “Just a little tired.”

      Maylin’s eyebrows furrowed in worry when she noticed Lu Han’s red rimmed eyes and how his shoulders were slumped on what she assumed as exhaustion. She bit the inside of her cheek, glancing back at the table littered with papers and photographs before turning back to her boyfriend, “I’ll check on you in a few.”

      “I’m just tired not sick.” Lu Han reassured. Maylin realized how soft his voice was, “I’m still going to check on you. You sure you’re okay?” the blond nodded and gave her one last kiss on the cheek before making his way to the break room.

      “Well aren’t you two sweet.” Myungsoo cooed. Maylin snapped out of her worry thoughts and turned back to her partner, “Huh?”

      Myungsoo grinned, “Though I did not understand a single word you two said, both of you are so cute. It makes me gag actually.”

      Maylin threw an eraser at her friend’s face, ignoring how warm her cheeks were, “Shut up.”

 

 

      Lu Han was lying on his stomach, face buried into a cushion and his arm hanging off the couch when he heard the door of the break room opened. He groaned into the pillow, “Yixing for the last time, no I do not want to try whatever dish you’re trying to impress your girlfriend with.” He heard a giggle and he was pretty sure his best friend didn’t laugh like a girl.

      “I see Yixing has been keeping you company.”

      Startled, Lu Han fell off the couch with a yelp. He sat up and looked at his girlfriend with wide eyes. Once he got over the shock, the corner of his lips curled up into a soft smile and he spread his arms out towards her. Maylin shook her head with a smile before making her way to the blond, “Are you feeling better?”

      Lu Han stood up and nodded. He wrapped his arms around the brunette once she was at arm’s length and pulled her into his lap as he fell back into the couch. Lu Han closed his eyes and took in a deep breath of Maylin’s scent, feeling his body relax as the tension left his body.

      Comfortable silence settled around the two of them with Lu Han nuzzling his face into the crook of his girlfriend’s neck and Maylin running her finger through golden locks.

      “Were you crying before Han?”

      “Hmm?”

      “Your eyes were pretty red before. Were you crying?” Lu Han shook his head but he didn’t look up when he answered, “I just didn’t get enough sleep.”

      “Take better care of yourself Han.”

      “I know.”

      …

      “Hey Maylin?” the brunette hummed, “Yeah?”

      “You love me right?”

      Maylin nodded, confused with the sudden question, “Of course I do you idiot.”

      Lu Han finally looked up and rested his chin on her shoulder, “Am I the only one in your heart?”

      “We wouldn’t be dating if you weren’t.” She answered and for the first time in a while, Lu Han smiled brightly. He leaned forward and pulled Maylin into a chaste kiss, “You know that means you’re stuck with me forever right?” Maylin laughed and tucked her under her boyfriend’s chin.

 

      (“ So, Min Seok told me you were jealous.”

       “That stupid baozi.”)


If you guys could give me a prompt or a request for this au, I would be happy to do it ^^

*gonna just casually leave this here (i'm sorry I'm desperate OTL)*