Five.

Cliché
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time is the best medicine. Even if the patience was Seohyun.

3 months after her mother passed away, maybe because she had grew up that she didn’t let the pain took away her spirit, Seohyun soon enough backed to normal however the smile on her face seemed to be forced. Luhan noticed that but all he could do was pretend like he didn’t know.

One day before her father leaving for a 1 year volunteer trip in Africa, the three of them having dinner together, and on that day, Seohyun had finally laughed out loud at her father stories about her and her brother when they were kids.

“If you leave now, she will have no one else beside.” Luhan shared his fear to her father when it was just two of them standing at the balcony, looking up the sky after dinner.

“She already has you.” Her father placed a hand on his shoulder and warmly smiled at him. “You have the same age as my son but somehow totally different from him. Seohyun’s brother was a bright man with full of love in his soul. However, first time I meet you in that office all I see was a handsome young man totally lost his way. You had everything a man could dream of at such young age but lacking one important factor, love.”

Luhan didn’t say anything, his gaze was fixed at the same direction with her father. The sky tonight didn’t have many stars, just like his heart years ago…

“I really considered you as my son when invited you to dinner that day, hoping somehow you could change your way of thinking. Maybe I am getting pay back for my kindness that now you are opening your heart to my own daughter and will replace me to look after her for the rest of her life.”

“Mr.Seo, I…”

“Call me father, until when are you planning to call me Mr. Seo?” Her father laughed. “My precious daughter, please take care of her.”

“I will… father.”

 ***************************

It had been a routine to all Seohyun café customers since it was opened, that the third Friday of a month would be a no- coffee day for them. No one knew the reason why it always that day the store closed and they didn’t bother to ask. But since May of this year, the café started to open even on that day, the customers soon noticed that and again, without questioning, come for coffee without minding what day it was.

Today was the third Friday of September, the café closed. It wouldn’t be any big deal like before except from three months ago, an assistant had been assigned to report what happened at the café to his boss and he was doing a good job.

“The café closed.” The Chinese president let his eyes off the documents and turned to him with the cold gaze. ”For all day.”

“Yes, sir.” The assistant answered in Chinese.

“You may go.”

Waiting for his assistant left, Luhan let out a curse. This morning before going to work when he said that he would pick her up at 7, all she did was smiled. How could she not telling him what she was planning? Where would she be at this moment? The more he thought about it the more he couldn’t concentrate to the work he was doing.

Today, for the first time in seven years, employees working at Lu head office could see their big boss left early. No one could know that was the sing of someone going to have some real big trouble.

*************************

With all the thing happened the last four months, Seohyun almost forgot her promise with him. This morning, after saw her husband off, Seohyun  noticing the wall calendar need to change the sheet and she suddenly realized it was the day they made a promise together, the third Friday.

After making calls to her staffs, she quickly get changed and arrived to the train station.

It took three hours to get to Busan then another 1 hour drive to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter