Four.

Cliché
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am back after a long hiatus, hope you all dont forget this story :)

 

******************************************

 

Her mother passed away sooner than the doctor’s prediction one week.

Seohyun couldn’t breathe properly the moment she heard the bad news.

This morning, her mother just complain that she couldn’t wait until three days later to cook for her son in-law after he backed from his business trip in London. Seohyun only laughed it off, saying that her mother was overreact.

Yet, Seohyun didn’t know. Her mother was telling the truth.

“I called your husband.” Her father whispered to her. “Be strong, we have promised to your mother not showing any tears in her funeral and I want us to kept that promise.”

“Yes, father.” Seohyun smiled, swallowed all the tears that moments ago was filling her eyes, waiting to make its way out in anytime.

 

“My dear Hyun! There are two reasons I am not scared of death. First, they say heaven was a much better place than earth. And secondly, your brother will not alone anymore. That why when that day came I want you and your dad to have a brightest smile so that I could feel free when coming to your brother.”

 

For once, her mom was being too selfish. Bearing the pain of losing someone they love and not showing it out was never an easy task.

But Seohyun had promised, and she was going to keep it.

 

************************************

 

After a 20-hour-flight, what he didn’t want to hear the most was a call from Korea, cause when traveling because of work, Luhan never used his personal phone, only an international phone number that no one knew except his secretary and that man was ordered to contact him when there was an urgent back in Korea. However, this time, it was not about business matter like it always was.

“Sir, there was something coming up.” The secretary carefully spoke from the other line. ”Your father in-law called and asked me to inform you that your mother in-law had passed away.”

 It had been one week since his marriage, but the word in-law still sound so unfamiliar to him.

“Wait, repeat what you just said.”

“Your mother in-law passed away.” The secretary continued. “Your father in-law, he said that…”

“What about my wife?”

“Sorry, sir. You father in-law didn’t mention about your wife. However, he said that you should call to ask if she was okay…”

That will never work with Seohyun.

 “I want a ticket back to Korea as soon as possible.”

“But sir, your father in-law also said that you could come back after finish your work, since you couldn’t be in time anyway…”

“Don’t make me to repeat my word.” Luhan gritted his teeth. Right now, all he cared was his wife.

Luhan had witnessed her losing the one her love before. It would be fine if she could cry all out and forget all about it, but Seohyun was never that type. For three months, every time Luhan visited her house, Seohyun’s eyes were swelling and in one year, he felt like the situation couldn’t get any worse as the twinkle and smile in her face totally disappear. Seohyun just there every t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter