Chapter 5

Agassi 아가씨

Chapter 5

 

“Here,” Kyungsoo handed Daeyoung a cup of smoothie, he had changed into normal, as in a somehow maroon polo shirt and black pants.

 

Both of them stayed in silence, an awkward one. They were now sitting beside each other on the grass field facing the lake.

 

“So,” they said the typical word simultaneously.

 

Kyungsoo opened his mouth but Daeyoung cut him, “Thank you, I’ll start first,” this made the male gaped at her and slurped his smoothie instead.

 

“I’ll make this fast. So, listen to my request. I have known youareleavingtoBelgiumbutyousaidyouloveme but I want you to leave!” Daeyoung finished the sentence in one-go, but a little bit too loud, making her seemed like scolding Kyungsoo. She cleared , “I mean, you should go.”

 

What’s happened to her? She never got nervous like this, even in meeting or presentation, you named it. Maybe because this matter also regards me.

 

“You know?!” Kyungsoo asked in disbelief, his big sparkling eyes widened like saucers. “Who told you?!”

 

“B- I found it out by myself!” Daeyoung fired back.

 

“That Baekhyun boy better prepared himself,” Kyungsoo muttered in his gritted teeth.

 

Daeyoung’s eyes widened, Baekhyun couldn’t be dragged into this, “Hey, I found it out myself okay... He’s not involved. Wait! That’s not the problem, I want you to go for your dream.”

 

“No, and I don’t believe you, I will still haunt Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo said with dangerous glint.

 

“No, you can’t.”

 

“Oh yes, I can!”

 

“You can’t.”

 

“I can.”

 

“Cannot.”

 

“Can.”

 

“Cannot.”

 

“Can.”

 

“Listen to me, you can’t,” Daeyoung muttered in a deathly calm voice.

 

That made Kyungsoo stay quiet, but his face was still frowning, he propped his chin on his hand and slurped his empty smoothie cup, creating a faint ‘srek’ noise.

 

The scene was quite comical that even Daeyoung’s lips curved up.

 

 

Kyungsoo eyed her and she did the same. Then both of them laughed heartily, at their silly acts.

 

Out of sudden, Daeyoung felt young again, yes she’s young now, but what she felt was the young when three of them, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Daeyoung were hanging out and laughing like this.

 

The scene between them felt so familiar to Kyungsoo yet so distance. Daeyoung, with her ponytail and casual outfit, her blunt sentence, looked so Daeyoung. And he, well, looked more like Kyungsoo.

 

They laughed till their stomach hurt and tears came out, but they didn’t stop. It was as if they were letting out the laughter they’ve built up inside them for the past years. No jokes, just each other’s company was an everlasting joke to them.

 

 

Kyungsoo and Daeyoung chuckled and said, “So,” well simultaneously again.

 

They both shared a mischievous eye-contact. Kyungsoo said first, “Okay, it’s my turn now. First, if you want to persuade me, you won’t succeed,” Daeyoung frowned hard, or cute, according to Kyungsoo, “And second, do you not love me?”

 

Like sister, like brother. They’re too direct... Daeyoung wanted to face palm in her mind. Never did she thought her attempt would end up like this, now it’s not her persuading Kyungsoo, but the other way around. Well, because plan A (a.k.a. listen to my request plan) had failed, she would use plan B (a.k.a. need sacrifice plan). Even if this hurt, “No, I don’t. I always think you as a friend.”

 

Kyungsoo’s face twitched a bit, but he smoothly said, “Too bad. Because I’m about to make you do so.”

 

Damn you Kyungsoo.

 

“What?” Daeyoung asked. His answer was not really surprising, but she couldn’t believe he was making this much much harder.

 

“Everyone knows you’re a bad liar,” Daeyoung managed to roll her eyes. Kyungsoo inched closer to her, their nose almost touching, his eyes penetrated into hers, “I don’t believe you, Daeyoung-ah.”

 

Daeyoung looked up and dryly commented, “And now you’re calling me Daeyoung.”

 

Kyungsoo showed his crescent smile, “Well, that’s the plan. I’m going to make you fall in love with me in just one day,” Daeyoung stared at him. No, no, you’re not doing that, Kyungsoo.

 

“Tommorow, be my date, Daeyoung.”

 

Daeyoung forgot to make plan C.

 

 

 

The next day, Sunday, early in the morning, Baekhyun thought miracles finally hit her sister, hard.

 

“Which one do you think is better? This pink or this pink?” Daeyoung asked, holding both dress in front of the sitting Baekhyun.

 

“Actually I prefer the peach dress there,” Baekhyun magically pointed out another sophisticated dress hanging on the closet. “Pink sounds too teenage for your age. Aren’t those from the high-school era?”

 

“Oh, you’re no help. Thanks Baekhyun,” Daeyoung stated plainly and took her phone, dialed a number.

 

Soojung-ah, I’m going out today, any suggestion for outfit? Casual but nice. Hm... Really?... Good... Should have brought you here... Okay... You’re so good... thank you. Erhm, no...” Daeyoung ended the call with a hint of red on her cheeks and took out the peach puffy dress Baekhyun mentioned just now, it was actually a dress shirt, long-sleeved. She then picked an auburn flare skirt with colorful flowery pattern all over it.

 

Baekhyun started mumbling about his sister’s outfit choice that was his choice, but then his eyes perked up, “Oh, noona, can I have Soojung’s number?”

 

 

Daeyoung neatly folded up the sleeves of her shirt, she had secured a thin peach belt around her waist and picked a matching brown handbag. She had asked one maid to arrange her hair, letting loose in soft curls, she’s not keen on it. She added the last touch of cherry lip gloss on her lips and gently dabbed the oiliness with tissue. Her lips curved upward as she looked at her own reflection. She then took her black ballet flats and walked out of her room.

 

She passed by Baekhyun and bade his brother goodbye, the latter didn’t hear it because he was excitingly, or maniacally dialing someone, seen from his creepy grin.

 

“I’m going for a date, see ya.”

 

“Uh...” Baekhyun mumbled and waited for a certain Kim Soojung to pick up the the call.

 

But when the car Daeyoung was in had gone from the front gate, Baekhyun snapped out from his ecstasy.

 

“What?! Did she just do all of that?! The peach..peach...” And Baekhyun stumbled back, supporting his dear body on the wall.

 

 

Meanwhile...

 

...

...

...

 

The easiest way to describe Kyungsoo’s mind was in dot-dot-dot... Blank. When did he do the ‘be my date’ thing? Because now that sounded stupid, irrational, and depressing. He had to be possessed yesterday, yes possessed, by the spirit of clown-and-smoothie. Look, he was now thinking of non-existent things. Just how could he make her fall in love with him? Unfortunately the game was on and he couldn’t back off.

 

Yesterday, as soon as he stepped into his apartment, Hwan had yelled ‘Hyung’ really loudly, and at that moment, the dreamy smile flew away from his face.

 

“What should I do?” Kyungsoo ruffled his hair.

 

“You look like a teenager in love.” Yeonsoo had commented dryly.

 

“I am,” Kyungsoo muttered, and a pamphlet was slapped onto his face, accidentally. Yeonsoo muttered a ‘sorry’ and walked out. Kyungsoo examined the pamphlet and here he was, driving both of them to an amusement park.

 

“By the way, you look nice,” Kyungsoo hoarsely said as he drove. Daeyoung looked at him with a startled expression, looked down again, kept quiet, and played with her fingers.

 

 

They were riding on the Hwangs’s car, Mr. Hwang insisted, don’t ask how or why. The only thing that kept the atmosphere normal was the upbeat song of a rookie K-Pop boy band. The music drowned their supposed-to-be awkward quietness into a comfortable one.

 

The silent went on, and on, and on, till the car came into a halt.

 

“What happened? Didn’t you say we’re heading to the amusement park?” Daeyoung questioned Kyungsoo who started to look pale.

 

 

 

Yes.... Flat tires, 2 of them.... okay.... 5 minutes,” Kyungsoo hung up and sighed inwardly. Where is the goddess Fortuna today? He had been poured with terrible lucks today, starting from late alarm, spilled coffee, dirtied shirt by Hwan, and now... Oh please, not today.

 

“A trip to amusement park is impossible now, “Daeyoung pointed out. Crap. “Do you have any back ups?” Daeyoung asked with a sympathetic smile that made Kyungsoo felt worse.

 

“Uhm, yeah,” Kyungsoo muttered and took out his phone, out of Daeyoung’s sight, and started scrolling down the places he thought of last night.

 

Kyungsoo smiled faintly at one place and turned to Daeyoung, pushing his phone back into his pocket, “Last time you muttered something about museum, so, how about Seoul Education Museum?” Kyungsoo asked, hope was reflected in his eyes.

 

Daeyoung smiled to herself, she did mention that, but not to Kyungsoo, “That’s great. It’s been long since I went there.”

 

Kyungsoo heaved a relief sigh silently. They then waited for Mr. Kim, the chauffer, who seemed to take more than 5 minutes.

 

“Here,” Kyungsoo passed her a still-sealed mineral water with tissue to her. “Don’t get dehydration, not good for low blood pressure.”

 

“It’s still early, besides early sunlight is good for bones,” Daeyoung shook her head lightly and accepted his offer with a smile.

 

Not long after that, Mr. Kim arrived, panting with his burly body. He kindly sent them off as he repaired the car, saying they’re hiding the source of light from him, excuse.

 

In the end, they went by bus. Kyungsoo silently prayed everything would be fine for the rest of the day.

 

 

 

Seemed not.

 

“Sorry for the inconvenience, but we’re filming here, so the museum is practically closed for a few days.”

 

Kyungsoo stared agape as the lanky man walked pass them. Daeyoung looked at him and helped him closed his mouth, “Don’t worry, we still have got a day to spend,” Daeyoung said in an assuring tone. How did she describe this? Funny? No. Peculiar. One, because they never went to date together. Only if sitting together in the car and working in the office every single day was consider a date. Two, what’s wrong with today?

 

Daeyoung didn’t want Kyungsoo’s spirit to go down, so she pressed her mind to think of one place. It’s noon now, time for lunch, “Kyungsoo-yah.”

 

Kyungsoo looked at her, this sounded lame, but he liked how Daeyoung called her, “Hm?”

 

“I know about this new place, it’s a resto but it’s also got arcade in it, and there’s also photo booth, it’s kind of three in one place, not far from here. Let’s go there, shall we?” Daeyoung suggested.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lips, “Yeah, sure.”

 

 

 

“Erhm... It’s not yet opened, still in construction,” Daeyoung said with a small voice and looked anywhere but at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo somehow had predicted this might happen, but he didn’t expect it would really happen. Is today an unknown public holiday? Everything seemed to be closed.

 

“Today is so weird, don’t you think so?” Daeyoung rhetorically asked Kyungsoo. But latter only slumped his shoulder. He had lost hope of what would happen later.

 

In the end, they bought 2 cheese burgers and mineral water (Kyungsoo insisted that) from a crowded food truck. They chose to eat on the bench under the shade of tree, away from the crowd, while engaging in some small scientific talk.

 

“You shouldn’t drink too much coke, not well for body and will make you fat,” Kyungsoo stated and poured more chili sauce into his burger.

 

“But eating burger is also not good. It’s junk food, and Mr. Kim said if we keep eating junk food over and over again, we will become-

 

-Junk.” They answered in chorus and smiled at each other.

 

After they finished lunch, they still continued their smart talk until something rolled onto Kyungsoo’s sneakers. He picked it up, “Apple?”

 

“Yes, surrounding us,” Daeyoung added.

 

 

 

Apples and Oranges were rolling everywhere. Turned out, they’re from the old grandma who just exited the groceries, just beside the constructing resto. She bought too many apples and oranges that the plastic ripped open.

 

Instinctively, Kyungsoo and Daeyoung helped her. By the time they picked up everything, Kyungsoo’s blue sweater was tied in a bundle, filled with fruits while Daeyoung picked what her arms could bare. This only meant they needed to help the kind face grandma to bring her groceries home.

 

Kyungsoo stared reluctantly at the bench they’re sitting before, but Daeyoung assuring smile finally brought him to the bus stop. But Kyungsoo also didn’t fail to catch the longing face of Daeyoung as she watched a nearby couple teasing each other lovingly. Kyungsoo bit his lips and slumped his shoulder. Maybe... just maybe... this still can be fixed.

 

The grandma coincidentally lived in Goyang, much to both of their surprise. After making sure the fruits were safe, the grandma was making a lot of fruit pies, they were about to leave, but the sweet lady insisted them to stay, she was going to give them some pies as gratification. Daeyoung looked happy, but Kyungsoo certainly was not, he was getting anxious and desperate.

 

The pie was so delicious that Kyungsoo’s mood lightened a bit, but not enough to hide his embarrassment. They bade goodbye to the generous old lady and walked side by side along the path.

 

“Where should we go now?” Daeyoung asked. Kyungsoo thought and thought, and an idea formed, the place was just 15 minutes by foot.

 

“Let’s take us to the institute here, they’ve gotten a very beautiful garden, and I can assure it’s not closed,” Kyungsoo said.

 

At the mention garden, Daeyoung beamed, “Great! Let’s go!”

 

Their strolled slowly, but then their pace grew faster, and faster, and in a blink of an eye, their now running, starting an impromtu race.

 

“Almost there,” Kyungsoo shouted as he stopped to catch his breath, a tired Daeyoung was seen panting behind him.

 

“You’re fast.”

 

“No, it’s because you sit too much.”

 

“Then, I’m happy I get to run today.”

 

Kyungsoo passed his handkerchief to Daeyoung, she graciously took it, but gently wiped Kyungsoo’s beads of sweats forming in his forehead.

 

“I’ve got my own, moron.”

 

“Moron?” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow but Daeyoung pretended not to see it, pulling a piece of tissue from its pack. The girl proudly showed the white Kleenex to him and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at her. And to his dismay, he got a stamp on his foot. And it hurt.

 

 

 

But when they heard they heard the sky grumbling, they stopped on their act.

 

Goddess Fortuna had gone, Kyungsoo thought. Their joy was short-lived. Much to Kyungsoo’s great horror, he felt his blood was as he felt the cool liquid free falling. Rain. Cats and dogs.

 

The windy sky just suddenly started pouring, and just like that, black clouds appeared and now they’re running towards a closed shop. They found shelter under the roof of it. Kyungsoo’s sweater was now drenched like there’s no tomorrow, he squeezed the water out of it.

 

“Thank you for the shelter” Daeyoung muttered as she finger-combed her damp hair. Luckily it’s the only part that was damp, credit to Kyungsoo’s sweater, but the male was covered in water.

 

“Oh my goodness Kyungsoo, I’ll get you tissue,” Daeyoung started to wiped Kyungsoo’s face, who was now in blank state.

 

“The rain,” he stopped Daeyoung’s hand, “The rain ruins the day.” He sighed.

 

Daeyoung gave him a closed smile, “It’s not a problem.”

 

Kyungsoo stared at her, “Let’s hail a cab, go to Namsan tower, Han River,”

 

“Kyungsoo, it’s okay,” Daeyoung coaxed.

 

“or maybe another museum? Let’s have a normal date.”

 

“No,” Daeyoung shook her head.

 

“Or maybe we can stop on the Italian restaurant you love and have dinner there.”

 

“It’s okay Kyungsoo.”

 

“How about-

 

“ It’s okay Kyungsoo!” Daeyoung's voice went a level higher, quieting Kyungsoo. The latter sighed loudly and lowered his head.

 

“I’m sorry I ruin your precious Sunday,” Kyungsoo said, he knew how much Daeyoung cherished the only free day of her week. And now he had ruined it. He shouldn’t have asked her for a date from the very first.

 

“I shouldn’t have asked you out, it’s so rushed, no preparation. I was so dumb. I-“

 

“I enjoy this day Kyungsoo,” Daeyoung softly cupped his cheeks so that he looked at her.

 

“I enjoy how you care for me, handing me water, asking if I’m tired or not.”

 

“I enjoy seeing how you let elders sit on your place on the bus, how you immediately help the grandma picked her fruits.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned, “But-“

 

“I enjoy hanging out with you, just talking to you about menial things, no works, no school, just you and me.”

 

Kyungsoo stayed stubborn, but when Daeyoung tiptoed, he kept his mouth shut.

 

“And if you’re sorry, don’t be. Because today is the most enjoyable day in my life.”

 

Daeyoung closed her distance with Kyungsoo. The kissed was not really ideal, it’s sloppy even, because water kept trickling from Kyungsoo’s hair. But the feeling was what mattered the most. Starting by just caressing each other’s lips. Kyungsoo’s lips felt soft to her own. But Kyungsoo didn’t reciprocate the kiss, his eyes were opened wide.

 

Daeyoung pulled away, but Kyungsoo’s arms tightened around her waist, bringing her close. Their lips met again, the second kiss was other-worldly, according to Daeyoung. Her knees buckled and would have fallen if not for Kyungsoo’s holding her waist. Kyungsoo led the kiss, demanding but gentle, nibbling the lower lips. His kiss told her everything, describing his feelings that Daeyoung didn’t know could be told from a kiss, but it did. Daeyoung encircle her arms on Kyungsoo’s neck, caressing his brown locks. Her mind went blank.

 

They kissed for so long until their couldn’t breathe again, but that’s not the main distraction, the main was a loud ‘bang’ sound at their background. Beautifully colored fireworks was shot to the sky, the rain had miraculously stopped. Maybe goddess Fortuna had been awakened.

 

They averted their gaze from each other, lips red, face flushed. In the state of blank and catching breath, they watched the fireworks. Pinky finger shyly touched one another’s before finally intertwined into one.

 

“Hard rain dies young,” Daeyoung commented, a smile playing on her lips.

 

“And the fireworks are magnificent,” Kyungsoo added.

 

...

...

...

 

“Wait.” They said together.

 

“I thought at lunch you mentioned about fireworks.” Daeyoung looked at Kyungsoo, hope was reflected on her orbs.

 

“Yes, today is the last day of Lake Art Festival.” Kyungsoo said and nodded, before both of them stared at each other and chuckled.

 

Daeyoung smiled, “Seems like the best place has been waiting for us.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo regretted why he had looked down at this place. Why bother travelled around Seoul if we can actually enjoy our whole day here? Kyungsoo thought and had the urge to smack his head. Maybe he was thinking too highly about a perfect date.

 

The ground was wet, but the atmosphere was so alive that nobody would know it was pouring hard just now. Colorful bright lantern was flowing in the air and Daeyoung was once again mesmerized by the view. The festival was much much better at night. The acrobatic man, blowing fury red fire that looked so enticing in the dark, clowns, she avoided them, were riding unicycle while juggling balls, their makeup was shining in the dark. There’s also a show of drawing in the air, using neon lights and such. Everything was so good. But the best was definitely the fireworks.

 

They arrived at the same spot yesterday, only that there were more people now.

 

“Fireworks are beautiful, but they’re evil in disguise, create so much pollution after.”

 

“Don’t ruin the mood Kyungsoo,” Daeyoung muttered quietly, her gaze still fixed on the breath-taking sky show. A grumbling Kyungsoo soon followed her action.

 

 

The fireworks stopped with a Grande ‘GOYANG’  word on it. Loud music took place as soon as the applause dies. They’re again offered smoothie, which Daeyoung took for granted, but Kyungsoo somehow refused it. Muttering about ‘Fortuna’ and such.

 

“I’ve decided,” Kyungsoo started. “I will go to Belgium.”

 

“Thought so,” Daeyoung smiled and slurped her smoothie, “But why do you still initiate this date, to make me fall for you.”

 

“So, I succeed, hm?” Kyungsoo hummed playfully.

 

“No.”

 

Kyungsoo retained his expression, “Why?”

 

“Because if I say yes you won’t go.”

 

“Who says so?”

 

“B- I find it out myself.” A surge of déjà vu feeling washed over Daeyoung.

 

“Actually what I need is your confirmation that you will still wait for me after I come back. I will still go even if you say yes,” Kyungsoo carelessly said, leaving a baffled Daeyoung.

 

Kyungsoo looked at her and sighed dramatically, “Why are you swallowing wholly what Baekhyun said, he doesn’t even listen to my explanation, he had thrown me out as soon as I said I was planning to reject the offer.”

 

Daeyoung recalled her memory where she heard a loud thud from her room and she blushed to herself, “You should have told me from the very first!”

 

“Now that I know you will wait for me, let’s just forget about that.” Kyungsoo grinned at her.

 

“How can you be so sure?”

 

Kyungsoo inched his face closer and Daeyoung leaned back, “Because you promise.” Hand secured around Daeyoung’s nape, “And this seal our deal.” A long kiss.

 

 

“Hey, you can’t take advantage of me like that. And I haven’t agreed to the deal.” Daeyoung looked ahead.

 

“I don’t accept no, receiving the kiss means yes,” he showed his index finger, “returning it is double yes,” he showed two fingers, “and by the way, your not wanting to pull away means triple yes.” Three fingers. “Simple yet nice, yes right?” Kyungsoo patted her head and smiled.

 

“You’re going to pay.”

 

“Dare you.”

 

But what was seen was another round of eating each other’s face.

 

 

 

The very next day, a letter and a box were sent to the Hwang mansion.

 

Mr. Hwang had literally freaked out at Kyungsoo’s resigning, but Mr. Kim, the chauffer fainted at the word ‘resign’. Weird. The other box was for Daeyoung, the girl had gleefully accepted the box as if it’s a Christmas present and scurried into her room, so much of a love bird, but it’s not without three suspicious stares of Mr. Hwang, Baekhyun, and Mr. Kim. Well, a big grin thrown from Daeyoung, who, by account, seldom smiled, was quite creepy.

 

Daeyoung gingerly removed the lid and picked out three things, a book, a CD, and a letter. The book was ‘A Guide To Be Daeyoung’ the title pretty much gave what its content was about, must be some things Daeyoung need to do now she didn’t have any butler, she refused any substitute. The CD was filled with classical song, for Daeyoung’s insomnia. But of course what made Daeyoung excited was the letter, she smiled and flipped open the folded paper.

 

Dear Hwang Daeyoung

Do not eat any watermelon.

p.s. tell Baekhyun

p.s.s. drink a lot of water

Sincerely,

Do Kyungsoo

 

So stiff, so formal, no that thing. Romantic message. Romantic message. Her mind screamed that, but she knew better than to sulk like a teenage girl. So, keeping the neatly folded letter in her nightstand’s drawer. Daeyoung exited her room. Whatever Kyungsoo did, she trusted him, because they’ve promised. Yes, promised. But still, the letter...

 

 

“So, you guys make a deal not to communicate or even meet each other for like, 3 years?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Kyungsoo pinned his phone with his shoulder as he passed his passport to be checked in.

 

“Uh-huh.” Then, he smiled. “By the way, thanks buddy. You’re the best.”

 

The other line frowned, “For what? Oh, that one, no probs. I’m more than glad to make Daeyoung realize she loves you, even the scolding sounded hurt. And that Kim Soojung is cool. Is she an undercover agent or such? I can’t believe she could follow you guys for the whole day yesterday. I was really shocked you managed to persuade noona for a date, and she had got this series of sharp nails and acquaintances. Wait, oh crap!”

 

“You said what?” Kyungsoo stopped his track and narrowed his eyes.

 

“Er... nothing,” Baekhyun muttered.

 

“Tell me, kid.”

 

“Okay,” he sighed, “At least I’m out of reach. Actually we’re helping you for your date. Because Kim Soojung, who knew about the date before me (How can she knew that?!) thinks your idea is quite menial. So yeah, in the end, she did all her magic. The museum, the eatery. But the rain was one unexpected miracle, and in the end, you guys are one. So, actually-

 

“Your efforts are fruitless.” Kyungsoo said and shook his head.

 

“Don’t tell noona okay?” Baekhyun timidly asked.

 

“I hope you’re not in the living room.” Kyungsoo stated.

 

“Why, it’s cozier here, I am watching TV.”

 

“Because you will be pounced into nothing. At this hour, Daeyoung usually go down for coffee. And probably she’s behind you now.”

 

Kyungsoo could hear Daeyoung’s clearing and Baekhyun muttering ‘You two are compatible couple. Crap’ and he ended the call.

 

“Thanks for that Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo said, shrugged, and slipped his phone back into his pocket. Pulling his small luggage, he entered the departure gate.

 

He looked back one last time and smiled.

 

Till next time, Daeyoung.

 

 

Epilogue

 

“Good afternoon passenger. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 120B to ...........”

 

Incheon airport was crowded as always, it’s winter time and many people were either waiting for their loved ones our sending them go.

 

A man wearing a red turtleneck with white scarf around his neck and black pants was looking around while pulling two big luggage. His used to be puffy brown hair was now cropped short on both sides, enhancing his mature look. He had just come out of the arrival gate. A petite figure caught his attention and he waved to her.

 

As soon as Daeyoung saw Kyungsoo, she walked to him, or probably run, because she crashed so hard at him that he stumbled back.

 

“Wow, wow, easy... easy...” Kyungsoo patted her head and looked at those hypnotizing coffee eyes. They brought their face closer and Kyungsoo tilted his head.

 

“Hm. Hm. Hm.” Baekhyun stood in front of them, while shaking his head according to the ‘hm’ word.

 

“Lover birds not now. Puh-lease, spare my eyes,” then he walked away, mindlessly pulled both of Kyungsoo’s luggages.

 

“What’s wrong with that boy?”

 

“Girl, Soojungie. Come on, I will bring you to the 3-in-1 resto, let’s have lunch there.”

 

At the mention of the resto, Kyungsoo’s ears perked up, it’s such a memorable place, “Yep.”

 

Daeyoung nuzzled her face to Kyungsoo’s scarf, “Miss you, bunches of it.”

 

“Guess so,” Kyungsoo said and pecked her forehead lovingly.

 

They exited the big entrance and were met with snow, just fell from the sky. They both stopped to take in the view.

 

“Sehun-ah, no problem, I can ask mom to buy me a new one. Besides I don’t really like pink.” A little girl said as she looked up, to another kid who was jumping dangerously on the bench, his hand reaching for the ribbon tying the balloon.

 

“Just wait there, urgh!” the Sehun kid kept jumping. “Hey!” the kid yelped as Kyungsoo picked him up, high enough to reach for the balloon.

 

After saying thank you, and the girl’s giving a hug to Kyungsoo, he didn’t fail to catch the twitch in the young boy’s face. The girl tied the ribbon to the boy’s hand and they chased each other, giggling.

 

Kyungsoo and Daeyoung continued to walk again, with a soft smile on their face.

 

“Similar, eh?” Daeyoung asked and chuckled, Kyungsoo turned to her, amused, “Still remember that?”

 

“Of course! But anyway, why did you do it for me?”

 

Kyungsoo stared at her and pulled her closer by waist, “Because even if you denied it, the hat was still your favorite. And... I didn’t want to see you sulk, because it made you old faster,” Kyungsoo said, and chuckled, earning a displease stare from Daeyoung.

 

“I just care okay, besides we actually need no reason to make someone happy.” Kyungsoo said and stole a kiss from her lips, then ungracefully leaped away to Baekhyun, scaring the daydreaming boy.

 

Kyungsoo, his attentiveness, his wittiness, his lecture, Daeyoung loved them all.

 

Maybe, just maybe, she had fallen for him from that moment he tried to retrieve her hat.

 


 

It's the end of it, so I decided to stick them together, last chapter amd epilogue.

-Locrianz

 

 

Thank you for reading this story of mine! Thank you.