An Apple a Day...

An Apple a Day...

 

‘Ding! Dong!’

Chanyeol woke up suddenly when he heard his doorbell ringing. After some few more ringing, it stopped then the door opened. Light footsteps can be heard from outside his room.

“My Channie! What took you so long to open the door?” Minseok entered Chanyeol’s room.

“Sorry I overslept, Minnie.” Chanyeol answered with a groggy voice.

Minseok and Chanyeol are bestfriends since high school. It’s been eight years already and still, their friendship stays stronger. They used to each other’s house and their relatives became close as well.

“Owowow! I said I’m sorry. Ow!” Chanyeol screamed in pain as Minseok jumped on his bed.

“Wah! Get up now Channie! I’ll be late for my check-up!” the shorter guy whines while kicking the air.

Minseok is actually a silent type of guy. But his other side comes out whenever he’s with his bestfriend, Chanyeol. Chanyeol has a nickname ‘happy virus’ for the reason that he’s just simply an optimistic guy. Anyone that gets in contact with him will be cheerful also (even those who have their worst day ever).

“Oh! I forgot about that!”

“Channie-ya! Take a bath already! I’ll give you ten minutes to fix yourself.” Minseok crossed his arms and look away then pouted. Chanyeol poked the shorter’s back.

“Minnie-ya… I want to use my one minute now.”

Minseok turned his head to the taller guy who was spreading his arms wider and waiting to feel the other’s body against his. Well, hugging is just a normal sight of them. Though, it is usually Chanyeol back hugging Minseok. But sometimes, like this time when Chanyeol is too lazy to do things, he prefers this kind of hug.

After their hugging session, Chanyeol started to do his routine. Once or twice a month, Minseok have his medical check-up and the taller guy drives him to the hospital. But this monthly check-up of the shorter guy is too worrisome for him. One reason is of course, he’s concern about his sickly bestfriend. But there is another reason that Minseok didn’t know.

 

Flashback:

 

The first time Chanyeol saw this petite guy at the corridor outside their room, he noticed that there was something wrong with him. He’s pale white and walking slowly while holding his head. As soon as this guy collapsed a few meters away from him, he ran quickly and piggybacked him to their school clinic.

‘Kim Minseok’ is written on this guy’s nametag.

“What a beautiful name.” Chanyeol whispered.

While Minseok was sleeping soundly, Chanyeol unconsciously stared at the smaller guy’s face. He actually have milky white skin, so flawless, cute nose, chubby cheeks, kissable red lips with corners going downward, and oh he have single eyelid. While he was watching the other sleeping, Minseok suddenly furrowed his eyebrows as if he was having a nightmare.

Chanyeol touched his pointing finger to the part between Minseok’s brows and the shorter guy suddenly opened his eyes. To Chanyeol’s surprise, he fell from his chair.

“Oh I’m sorry! Are you okay?” Minseok worriedly asked Chanyeol.

“No, I’m Park Chanyeol. And you are?” The taller guy managed to joke while reaching Minseok’s hand to help him get up.

He heard the smaller guy chuckle a bit then he introduced himself.

After that incident, Chanyeol started to follow Minseok and eventually, they became friends. They became classmates in their second year that caused to their deeper relationship.

 

End of flashback

 

After a few minutes, they arrived at the hospital. Minseok noticed that Chanyeol became silent.

“Channie, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Tell that doctor that I’m always watching him!”

“Yah! Don’t be like that to him.”

Chanyeol’s blood is boiling everytime they’re going to that hospital. It’s not that he didn’t want the smell of medicines that airs the surrounding but because of a doctor. Minseok’s doctor to be more precise.

“Channie-ya… don’t stay like that, you’re ugly when you’re mad. Haha”

“I don’t really trust that Dr. Lay whatever.”

“Why? He’s a good doctor!”

“I think he likes you and I’m jealous.” Chanyeol shyly explained.

“Yah! My bestfriend is so protective! Don’t worry I won’t take long.”

Chanyeol sat at the waiting lounge of the hospital.

=o=o=o=

“Hello Dr. Lay!” Minseok greeted as he entered his doctor’s office.

“Oh Xiumin! How’s my favourite patient doing?”

“I’ve been good.”

“So you’re here for your check-up? Or you just missed me?” Yixing showed a playful smile that made his patient blushed.

The supposed to be ‘medical check-up’ turned into a little chitchat time. Since Minseok visits the hospital only twice a month, their stories never end. Sometimes, Minseok tends to forget that Chanyeol was waiting for him. But luckily, not that day because they still have somewhere else to go after.

Later that day, Chanyeol and Minseok went to the mall to hangout when suddenly, Minseok’s phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Oh Xiumin! Do you have time later? I would like to invite you for dinner.”

“Hmm… I think I’m available.”

“Okay! I’ll just pick you up at your house.”

“Okay bye!”

When the call ended, Minseok saw Chanyeol looking at him with a ‘what-the-hell-was-that?’ expression.

“It’s Dr. Lay. He wanted to have a dinner with me.”

“That jerk asked you out?”

“It’s just a simple dinner.”

“For you maybe, but he thought of it as a date.” Chanyeol said with a sad tone.

“There’s nothing wrong with that anyway.”

Chanyeol suddenly stopped walking then took a deep breath.

“Minnie, I have something to tell you.”

The shorter looked at him curiously but already having a gut feeling, and he’s right.

“I like you for eight years already.”

The thought of liking him was not surprising for Minseok. But he got shocked when the taller confessed that he had that feeling for a long eight years. Chanyeol tried to get him back to his senses.

“Minnie, I said please give me a chance. I just want to prove myself to you.”

“O-okay.”

With Minseok’s approval, the very next day Chanyeol started to court Minseok. He will go to the shorter’s house to cook him breakfast and when he’s about to leave, he will give Minseok an apple. It’s been one week already since Chanyeol got the other’s ‘yes’ but he still doing the same thing. One time, Minseok got curious why the taller always give his apple everyday.

“Channie-ya, why do you always give me an apple? You’ve been giving me this since you started courting me.”

“I just want to keep you healthy.” Chanyeol simply answered.

“But there are many fruits on earth, so why only apple?” Minseok, who seemed not convinced yet, asked again. Chanyeol leaned forward and gave the other a kiss on his forehead.

“An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.”

 

 

 

 

a/n : haha i wrote it as a one shot story.. hope you understand ^^

 

anyway, i've started my 3rd fic.. keep supporting my stories guys! lovelovelove! ^^