Chapter 9

A Devil Beside You

"What happened?? Why didn't you listen to my orders? You know you could have been in danger??" Hyunseung nagged.

"I was just out on a date with Woohyun Oppa."

"Excuse me? You never talk back. Why did you ditch Dongwoo? Was this boy really that important??"

"Oppa.... listen to me....."

"You-"

"Dude, chill man. You gotta let her have some sort of freedom." Junhyung added.

"Yeah man. She is a young girl in college. Let her live some freedom. Remember how she almost died? Let her have some new experiences." Doojoon patted his shoulder.

"It's because of the incident that I'm worried about. What if history repeats itself??" Hyunseung roared.

Within minutes, the living room became a living hell filled with arguements and insults.

Yesun suddenly felt and urge of guilt hitting her hard. *What have I done? I don't want Beast Oppas to argue over something so small about me. Maybe I'm a burden?*

Dongwoo walked towards you and gave you a hug out of comfort. "Yesun-ah, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself." He patted your head as if he read your mind.

-------------

Yesun cried in Dongwoo's arms for a while.

"Oppas!!!" She screamed.

Everyone looked at her startled.

Yesun walked towards her brother. "Oppa, can you just quit being a gangster. You and Beast Oppas, please? That way we won't have to worry about our safety and move every no and then. Please?"

She tugged onto his arm, in the verge of tears.

Hyunseung looked away. "I'm sorry. Yesun-ah, if we don't become street gangs, how are we going to make a living? How will we pay for expenses? We are high school dropouts. No one would hire us. And quiting the business is hard. It's not just like and 'I quit' and everything is fine. I have to think about the other boys in the gang too. Where would they go? And once I quit, not only would my brothers' lives would be endangered, so will ours. Enemies will come out now and then and hunt us down. I hope you understand."

Yesun couldn't believe her ears. She knew she was being too selfish asking her brother to quit the gang business, but she didn't want to see him die out in the streets without any explaination or how he died.

"Oppa....." She wiped away her tears. Heartbroken, she pushed through her Oppas and dashed towards her room and cried.

------------

Yesun buried her face against her pillow an sobbed.

Soft knocks can be heard from her door. She got up and threw everything she saw at the door. "Go away!" She yelled.

"Yesun-ah...." Dongwoo called out.

"I said go away." She yelled.

"Sorry, hyung. She's really upset she won't even talk to me. Can't you consider her option? It might be best for us. She just wants you all to be safe. You are all important to her and it would kill her slowly to see you disappear one by one."

Hyunseung sighed. "We'll see."

"She'll be fine in the morning when we make her a breakfast in bed." Dongwoon tried tot lighten up the mood.

Yesun sobbed in her pillow and felt a gust of wind sway past her.

She got up and shut the window. When she turned around, she was startled by Hoya's presence.

"I'm not in the mood. I still have two days. Can't you give me some space and come back then?"

Hoya patted your shoulder out of comfort. Surprised at his actions Yesun looked at him suspiciously.

"What? Can't a devil comfort a human being???" Hoya plucked his red lollipop out of his mouth.

"Why are you always eating that thing anyway??" She asked out of curiosity.

"I don't know. It's addicting?"

------------

Yesun woke up from the sound of a book crashing on the floor.

"What are you-"

"Sorry did I wake you up?" Hoya picked the book up and placed it on the shelf.

Yesun's eyes widen as she saw Hoya was looking at her high school year book. "Why were you looking through my stuff??"

"What? It's not like you havve a really big secret you want to hide from people. By the way, how come in your senior yearbook picture there is this guy named Lee Howon without a picture??"

Yesun's eyes shifted down towards the floor out of guilt.

"Hello?? Earth to Jang Yesun!!!" Hoya waved his hands around.

"Nothing. And I'm warning you Devil or not I will kick your out of my house if you look through my personal belongings again." She frowned.

Hoya plopped himself on your beanbag chair and on his lollipop. (A/N: OMG imagine smexy Hogod in your room on his lollipop in a y way. -dirty thoughts go away- xD )

"Whatever. So......one day left. Today at midnight, you better give me a name." He smirked.

Yesun gulped and her expression darkened. "First thing I wake up and you are here warning me about my death. Good morning to me." She mumbled sarcastically.

"Unless you have a name already." He smiled cheesily.

"No. I can't just give you a random name. It's not as easy as it looks."

"Yeah it is. Just give me a name of someone you hate."

"But I don't hate anyone."

"What about your brother? You hated him last night. He is risking your safety and everyone else's safety so he can become a gang member and earn illegal money through drugs. Don't you think someone like him deserves to die??"

Yesun crossed her arms and frowned at Hoya. "What?? I'm just speaking the truth."

"Yeah, with a twist. You don't even know my Oppa. I'm the reason he's in a gang. He has to take care of me. He's the best and most caring guy I ever met right next to Woohyun Oppa and Dongwoo Oppa. He's a truly good person. I hated him last night because we were in an arguement. Which pair of siblings don't argue once in a while? It just brings us closer."

"Whatever."

Hoya then disappeared when he heard a faint knock on the door.

"Yesun?" Hyunseung whispered and poked his head in. "Oh you're up quite early."

Yesun scratched the back of her head. "Yeah. A book from my shelf dropped and woke me up." She smoothly lied.

"Oh. I was going to bring you breakfast in bed too."

Yesun ran over and hugged her brother. "Oppa, I'm sorry. Thanks for being a great brother."

Hyunseung, taken aback from his sister's sudden actions hugged her back and patted her head. "I'm sorry too. I'll try to take tiny steps to get out of the underground gang buisiness okay?"

Yesun nodded her head.

"Okay not go get ready. You still have school, unless you want to be late." Hyunseung pushed you towards the bathroom.