Chapter 10

A Devil Beside You

Dongwoo and Yesun got to school on time. There was a big crowd of girl squealing and screaming like usual.

Yesun tiptoed to see who was causing the commotion. It was Woohyun. By now, Yesun is use to seeing Woohyun with a bunch of fangirls surrounding him, but what she saw was a shock to her.

The girl that was voted to have the best body, milkiest skin, and the prettiest girl with endless legs in high school who is the most popular and friendliest girl on campus is now kissing Nam Woohyun.

Yesun started to feel the waterworks as she ran away from the crowd. Dongwoo saw his dearest cousin run away from the heartbreak ran after her.

Yesun ran into the girls' bathroom to cry away her sorrows. Dongwoo, being a guy cannot go inside so he called up Eunhae.

Yesun was at the corner bawling her eyes out, when Hoya appeared next to her. "Now why are you crying?  I always see you cry." Hoya bent down and patted her back.

"Woohyun Oppa......"

"Oh that guy. Yeah, I saw what happened, but I didn't think you saw." There was a moment of awkward silence except for the soft sobs of Yesun's crying.

"So.....do you have a name now?" Hoya asked impudently.

"I'm here crying and all you care about is me giving you a stupid name?" Yesun yelled a bit too loudly.

A soft knock came from outside the bathroom. "Yesun-ah, is there anything wrong? Why are you talking to yourself. Don't make Oppa worried." Dongwoo yelled from the other side.

Yesun gave Hoya a glare. "Great now my Oppa thinks I have psychological issues."

"Hey, you're the one that yelled. Not me."

"You are so unreasonable."

"So....are you gonna give me a name or what?"

"No. How many times do I have to say that??"

"I don't know...." Hoya started to look at his nails. "I thought maybe since that Woohyun guy broke your heart.......you might think he deserved to die. Afterall aren't girls like that? Their love for a guy eventually turns into hate."

Yesun frowned at Hoya's words. "Not all girls are like that. Yeah, sure Woohyun oppa broke my heart, but that doesn't mean he deserves to die. If he's ha[[y with Haejin Sunbae then, I think it's time for me to let go. It's not like I could start a conversation with him anyway."

"Okayy. Suit yourself. See you at midnight then. That's your last chance or say goodbye to this cruel world."

That's when realization hit her. She has less than 24 hours of living before she had to leave everyone whom she loved. There was no time to cry or be upset.

Eunhae burst through the girls' room and hugged Yesun. "Are you okay? When Dongwoo called me, I almost stopped breathing. How are you feeling?"

Yesun was in a daze thinking about how she should spend her last day on earth.

"Yesun?" Eunhae waved her hand in front of Yesun.

"huh? Eunhae-ah, when did you get here? Oh, I'm fine." Yesun smiled and came out of the bathroom with her.

Dongwoo was surprised to see Yesun smiling and pulled Eunhae aside. "Yah! Good job. Who knew mym baby girl is soo good at comforting people."

Eunhae scoffed. "Stop the cheesiness. I didn't do anything. She just smiled on her own."

"Well, that's weird."

-----------

After class, Woohyun was looking all over for Yesun.

"Yesun-ah, " Woohyun panted while resting his hands on his knees.

Yesun blinked at Woohyun and bit her lips. She stared at him for a while as Woohyun caught his breath.

*He had Haejin Sunbae. Why would he sill look for me?* Yesun made her way out of the campus.

Woohyun was confused and followed her. "Yesun-ah."

There was no reply as she continued to walk.

Woohyun grew impatient and grabbed her arm. "Jang Yesun." He pulled her closely so Yesun was facing his muscular chest. And Woohyun wearing a dress shirt with a few of his buttons ed did not help Yesun stop her blushing cheeks as she admired his broad chest.

"Yesun-ah, why are you avoiding me?" Woohyun asked her with his puppy eyes.

Yesun admitted, his eyes were very mesmerizing even if they are small.

"I-I...."

"Is it because the date, you realized I'm not your type?"

"N-No..."

"Then what is it? I can change. Yesun, I really like you. Please give me a chance."

*C-Confession? From Nam Woohyun? The guy of my dreams since forever? But is currently dating the most popular girl on campus?* "Woohyun-sshi....I don't think..."

"Sshi? Since when did you get so formal with me? You usually call me Oppa. Please give me a chance? I will do anything." Woohyun begged.

Yesun tried to free herself from Woohyun's iron grip. "Haejin Sunbae won't like it if she finds out you are confessing to another girl." She bit her lip and looked away.

"Haejin? Who cares about what she thinks....." Realization hit him. "Oh.. You saw what happened this morning?"

Yesun nodded her head. "And you two will make a great couple."

"No. You misunderstood. We never had a thing. She confessed to me this morning and forced a kiss on me in front of a crowd. I didn't want to hurt and humilate her in front of the school so I just went along with it. I didn't think it would cause such a misunderstanding."

Yesun can feel her heart relieve again and at the same time jump for joy. "Really?" A smile formed on her face.

Woohyun nodded his head. "So, about my confession...." He scratched the back of his head.

Yesun was about to blurt out a straightforward yes, but was stopped when she remembered Hoya's words. If she can't give a name out to him by midnight, her life on earth would be the end.

"Uh......Oppa, can you give me some time." *Woohyun Oppa, I'm sorry.*

"Okay, then." Woohyun answered a bit confused as to why Yesun's mood suddenly changed.

------------

At home, Yesun offered to cook and made sure everyone she love was there. She made sure Hyunseung and his friends were there for dinner that night and so was Dongwoo, Eunhae and Woohyun.

They did not understand why she was acting strange all night.

When she was doing the dishes, she thought about Hoya's words. *I can't believe it's the last time I get to see the smiles on their faces. I wish there was another solution.*

A tear slid down her cheek. Woohyun snuck behind her and hugged her from her waist. He noticed how she was crying. "Yesun-ah why are you crying?" Woohyun said a bit took loud, gathering the attention of everyone else.

"Yesun-ah, don't cry. You're hurting Oppa's heart." Dongwoo pursed his lower lip. "Me too." Eunhae added and hugged Yesun.

"Come here." Hyunseung spread out his arms. Yesun went over and hugged him. "Tell Oppa, is this boy bullying you?" He pointed at Woohyun who surrendered his hands in the air.

Yesun shook her head. "No, it's just I like having dinner like this. With everyone I care about at one table. I just miss those times where we sat together and ate dinner peacefully."

"Awww. Don't worry. We will do this at least once a week, right guys?" Hyunseung glared at everyone who nodded their heads.

"Happy now, baby sis?"

Yesun smile and wiped away her tears. *Even though I won't be there. I just want to see all my love ones together.*

-----------

It was midnight so Yesun snuck out to take a mini stroll at the park.

Hoya appeared right beside her on the dot. "So, do you have a name yet?"

Yesun nodded her head.

Hoya's smile enlarged. *I knew these human beings would never be able to resist the tempation of being selfish.*

"Who is it?" He asked.

Yesun shuffled her feet and kicked a rock. She stopped and face Hoya, staring at him straight in the eyes.

Hoya took out his red lollipop and waited patiently. "So? Who is it?"

Yesun took a deep breath. "Me. Jang Yesun. Her time is up."

-----------------

Ahhh!! cliffhanger!! xD I feel so cruel to you guys.