Happy Birthday Jess

Happy Birthday Jess

“Done!” Jess kicked the card box to the hallway and looked around her with a sense of accomplishment.

Finally her apartment was ready and all the boxes from the moving were empty.

When she first came to live in Korea she stayed with a friend sharing the apartment.

It was three long months not having her own space and having to live under her friend rules. Not walking around the house was nonsense!

Jess ran to her room and threw herself over the fluffy bed.

“Home sweet home!” She yelled in delight disrupting the silence of her new house.

No one answered her back and she frowned. Jess shrugged her shoulders and took off her pants and shirt lying under the covers only with her underwear. At least now she could walk around on her underwear without being scolded.

She turned off the lamp near her bed and soon she was asleep.

image

 

“Wake up!”

Jess moved lazily stretching her legs and toes. Her friend was waking her up so early…Wait! She lives alone now and that was a man’s voice.

“Wake up!”

Jess opened her eyes and sat on the bed.

Jonghyun was sitting in front of her on the cute round small bench she used to decorate her room.

He had his legs crossed and his hands were on each side of the bench. Jonghyun was wearing a white simple suit and a blue shirt, looking perfect as she always saw him on tv.

He smiled widely at her, his eyes observing her features, her messy hair and…her bra.

Jess covered herself with the covers from her bed confused.

 

Go to Korea- checked

See CNBlue live – Checked

Fangirl with kpop friends – Checked

Get an apartment – Checked

See SHINee live – not yet

Meet Onew – not yet

Have Jonghyun on her room – WAIT WHAT?!

 

“What are you doing here?” Jess asked feeling stupid. She was obviously dreaming.

“From all the questions you could ask me you choose that one?”

His sweet melodious voice made her shiver. Listening to Blue Night everyday was nothing compared to listening to him live…

“Am I dreaming?”

“Are you?” He wrinkled his nose and stared at her like a cute puppy opening his eyes wide. “Probably! It doesn’t make it less fun right?”

“So I am dreaming! This is not real!”

“Who says dreams are not real!” He waved his arms on the air upset “I’m here! Touch me! I’m real!”

He got up and walked to the bed sitting beside Jess that backed away on the bed away from him. That dream was becoming really real and scary.

He put his hand in front of Jess eyes and she stared from his face to his arm.

“Touch me! You know you want it!” He smirked, clearly amused when Jess stared at him with wide open.

“I….I don’t! Onew is my bias!”

“He will come next time….” Jonghyun blinked an eye at Jess making her speechless “Besides we all know you wanted to see me a lot….I know your secret thoughts Jessica!”

No one used to call her that. She didn’t like it, but somehow on Jonghyun lips it sounded so good….too good to be true.

It was a dream!

“I’m truly dreaming!”

“Then enjoy it! Touch me!”

Jess watched Jonghyun hand wave in front of her and slowly raised her hand, joining her palm with his.

“See, I’m real!” Jonghyun said grabbing her hand and pulling it to his cheek.

Jess gasped confused feeling his warm flesh against her hand.

“Real?” Jess closed and nodded “Good! Let’s have fun together Jess! We can do whatever you want to do! “He pouted cutely pulling her from the bed.

Jess stumbled on her feet and tried to cover her underwear with her hands.

“It’s ok. I’ve seen my share of women!” Jonghyun said chuckling. “Dress something nice so we can go out!”

Jess mumbled a yes wondering when would that dream end.

“It will end when you are truly and absolutely happy!” Jonghyun answered reading her thoughts “I know everything! I know you!”

“What are we going to do?” she asked opening her wardrobe.

“What you want! I’m yours for the day!”

Jonghyun answered without turning back and disappeared into the living room.

Jess dressed quickly choosing a cute light blue shirt and her favorite jeans. She brushed her hair and walked after him.

She stared at her empty couch and touched her cheeks.

The dream was probably over or she was imagining things because Jonghyun was nowhere in sight.

“What took you so long beautiful?”

Jess turned around when she heard Jonghyun voice coming from the kitchen.

The smell of coffee and toast greeted her when she entered her new kitchen.

“I made breakfast for you! I hope you like it!”

“WOW!” Jess stared at the warm coffee and the bread in front of her.

Jonghyun grabbed her shoulders and guided her to her seat.

“Please….keep me company!”

He said siting by her side and grabbing his mug with coffee.

“There is no other place I’d rather be….” He mumbled smiling brining his mug to his lips.

Jess stared at Jonghyun confused grabbing her mug too.

It was all a dream! That wasn’t happening! She hated Jonghyun! Now he was even invading her dreams.

Couldn’t he only be a bias wrecker?!

image

 

Jess was living a dream date. After the marvelous breakfast, Jonghyun grabbed her hand and they walked outside like a couple. Surprisingly no one seemed to recognize Jonghyun. It was clearly a dream.

Jonghyun was a gentleman and opened the door of his car for Jess to enter. Then they drove to the seashore where he decided to walk with her, the two ending up making a sand castle.

By the time they got back home Jess already forgot that was a dream. It felt too real to be only a dream.

“What are we going to do now?” She asked entering the apartment and turning around to face him.

“What do you want to do?”

“Eat pizza and watch a movie together!”

He smiled closing his eyes and nodded vigorously.

“Everything for you!” He said pulling her to the couch.

He agreed to watch whatever she wanted too, pulling her to the middle of his legs and cuddling together.

Jess froze when she felt his arms circle her waist and his head next to hers.

She was going to open to talk when he started talking.

“Don’t even dare to say you didn’t want to do this….”

“You are not even my bias….”She mumbled upset.

“Right! But still you day dream about me all the time….am I right?”

Jess frowned and didn’t say anything.

She hated the Kim Jonghyun from her dreams as much as the real one.

image

 

Is it possible to dream inside a dream?

 Jess woke up and only saw the white ceiling above her.

The dream was over. No. She was on the living room and someone was under her. She sat up confused only to see Jonghyun half lying down on the couch sleeping.

Then she did fall asleep while they watched the movie and Jonghyun did too.

Jess leaned on the couch again and stared at his sleeping face.

“Are you really real?” She asked in a whisper, a tenderness conquering her heart and making her watch him breathe peacefully on the couch of her apartment.

Jess smiled when he moved slightly.

Maybe that wasn’t a dream. Maybe, just maybe Jonghyun was really there. Maybe something magical truly happened.

“You really like me!” It was not a question. It was an affirmation. Jonghyun smiled without opening his eyes, clearly knowing that she was watching him sleep.

“I do….I think a lot about you”

He opened one eye and stared at her pink cheeks.

“Are you confessing to me?”

Even if it was only a dream she had to do it.

“Maybe…”

He sat up on the couch opening both his eyes and watched her carefully, his face inches from Jess.

“Jess, tell me! Tell me everything!”

“I absolutely hate you! You are ruining my bias list, my life, everything, with your sweet voice, deadly looks….you absolutely, frustrating human being! “

She sighed tired of the outburst and he giggled.

“That looks a lot like a confession! I like you too Jess…”

He moved closer and closer, his lips inches from hers.

“Are you happy Jess?”

She didn’t answer; instead she stared at his lips, already anticipating what would happen.

“You will be…and then I’ll have to go away.” He stopped, his lips brushing against her. “Soon….soon I will be back…”

“You will?” She asked almost in a whisper.

“Yes.  Trust me! I'm closer to you than you think!”

Jess nodded slowly and Jonghyun closed the distance between them.

When his lips touched Jess lips she felt herself float…for real. Everything was a mess of feelings and when Jess realized she was back on her bed wearing only her underwear.

She sat quickly on the bed and stared at the little bench in front of her. No Jonghyun! No one….it was a dream!

image

 

Jess spent the morning of her birthday cleaning the rest of her new apartment. She grabbed the trash bag and dragged it outside the door to the front of the elevator.

She stopped tired and clicked the button of the elevator.

“Do you need help?” a familiar voice asked from behind her.

Jess turned around and saw Jonghyun, wearing no makeup, and dressing casually staring back at her, a key on his hand.

“I’m your new neighbor. I mean everyone must be new to you…” he mumbled cutely and embarrassingly “ I’m living here since last week….I’m…”

“Jonghyun!”

“Oh you know me….” He smiled and grabbed the bag filled with trash. “I’ll help you then!”

He pulled the bag into the elevator and Jess followed him smiling brightly.

Jonghyun was living next door from her. How was that possible? Was she still dreaming?

“I said I would be back!” He suddenly said making her look at him surprised.

“WHAT?”

Was he reading her mind again? Was he out from the dream? He did say he was closer…

“To my place…I have friends there! I forgot! ” He explained casually. “But I’ll help you and get back quickly!”

For moments Jess thought he meant….

“Maybe you can join us…” he said blushing and Jess nodded still not believing that was happening to her.

Jonghyun smiled coolly and stared at the numbers changing.

The girl from his weird dream last night was the girl next door?! How was that even possible?!

He looked sideways at her.

Maybe Kibum was right. Maybe his luck changed when he moved to that apartment.

image

THE END!

Eh....