Ver 1

I'll Teach You What You Need to Know

Out of all the members, Yugyeom likes Mark the most. He doesn't need to say it out loud because it’s there in his face, in his gestures whenever they are near each other, though it may not be often. Occasionally they have their moments: seconds in the dressing room, minutes in the dorm, small times before Mark is dragged away by Jackson or JB.

 

When they’re together, it’s casual, no “fan-service” or secret love. Just casual, friendly. They can tell whenever they re-watch videos on Mark’s laptop. The screen illuminates from their stages and shows and they can see the various expressions on their faces. Like when Mark’s hand was tangled in Yugyeom’s hair during their Meet & Greet and he had that look of admiration as the blonde showed his charismatic side, or those times where Mark is the first one to laugh at his jokes and his smile is bright enough to light their entire dorm.

 

Yugyeom appreciates moments like those, like this, where he feels comfortable enough to be himself. Mark brings out the best in him, has been ever since their trainee days. He was there night after night after tiring night giving pointers on how to execute the moves perfectly. He was there when Yugyeom tried to fit in with his maknae status with his awkwardly tall stature. He was there when his peers – and now the rest of the world - praised him for his dancing skills.  Yugyeom feels indebted to Mark, but he waves it off casually every time.

 

“I’m your hyung, it’s my job,” he laughs and the sound resonates deep within Yugyeom’s soul and he can’t help but return the gesture. But his words don’t stop him from doing small favors for him (he thinks that over time they’ll compound and eventually be equal with Mark’s bigger ones). From paying for his lunch or buying those new shoes he’s been gawking at for weeks, Yugyeom’s been the first to offer.

 

Mark leans back against the wall of his room, and Yugyeom doesn't notice until after the video ends that he’s been staring at him the whole time.

 

“Hyung are you okay?”

 

He doesn't answer, just stares at him with a smile until eventually his hand finds its familiar position in his blonde hair and ruffles it again.

 

“You know I’m your hyung, right? I’ll always be looking out for you no matter what.” Yugyeom pauses before his face immediately lights up with a smile, eyes curving up into the cutest things Mark’s ever seen. He drapes his arm around Yugyeom’s shoulder, presses his face into the side of his own, and breathes a laugh. ‘I hope I make you proud hyung,’ Yugyeom thinks as a chill goes down his spine from the added warmth as Mark plays another stage video.  

 

 

___

Wow thanks for the subs, upvotes and comments beforehand! I wasn't expecting anything for this fic, but I guess I was wrong :) And for the great response - and the ones who wanted a possible romantic fic, I'm in the process of making a second version~ I hope this was what you expected.

Special thanks to my new beta, Leann. I love you girl~ /smooches forever