Flirt?

My Six Bartenders

Did that guy even pay for the drink? You ask yourself, that idiot, he didn’t even pay, you scowl.

“How much are the martinis?” You ask Ken.

“What do you mean, when did you have a martini?” He asks confused but inwardly he’s trying remember if the guy paid for the drinks, that bastard, he thinks wanting to punch him in the face for not paying.

“The guy ordered it for me, oh right, you didn’t take my order, sorry. But how much are they?” You take your purse out.

“It’s on the house.” N butts in. You look at him surprised.

“B-but—” You start.

“Don’t worry, both your drinks are free.” Ken reassures you. Are they trying something, you think suspiciously but you doubt it once you see the look in their eyes, they’re just being kind. “Enjoy your night.” Ken smiles at you.

“Um, thanks.” You say still surprised. Ken is slightly disappointed that he didn’t get a smile, it’ll come, he tells himself. You stand up and look around the club wondering if there are any sober, non-creepy, nice guys around but no such luck, you return to your bar stool and are surprised when your drink is still there but you don’t dwell on it too much. “Are there any sober guys around here?” You ask aloud.

“You have one right here.” A guy says in front of you. You look up and it’s Hongbin showing his dimples.

“Really? So you’re all sober?” You ask and he nods.

“Why?” He asks.

“Well, I want to talk to a person where I can have a civilised conversation.” You say.

“Like I told you, we’re all sober but the others are all busy so there’s only me.” He leans on his elbow and studies your face, he rarely gets to serve you because for some reason the other guys never let him. You blush slightly and look away.

“Stop that.” You say.

“Stop what?” He asks in a slightly teasing voice.

“Staring at me.” You say.

“All the boys stare at you, why can’t I?” He pouts cutely.

“Fine, I give up.” Your shoulders slump in defeat, so cute, he thinks with a grin. You peek at him, yep, he is definitely a flirt, you think but then you smile at him, and his smile is way too contagious. Ravi looks at Hongbin jealously, why does she never smile at me, should I smile more at her? He sighs and continues making drinks.

“What’s your name, you’ve been here so often but you’ve never told us your name.” Hongbin says. All of the bartenders fall silent as you draw breath.

“Do-Won.” You say.

“Nice name.” He smiles again.

“Well, I better get going, I’ll see you tomorrow probably. Goodnight.” You wave at Hongbin who waves back.

“Goodnight Do-Won.” He says. When your out of sight he turns to the other five boys, “Could you have a worse poker face?” He asks them laughing slightly, “At least I got her name.” He says. They don’t say anything, “Lets get back to work, drinks to make, people to serve!” He claps his hands. So she’s coming again tomorrow, lets hope I’ll be able to talk to her, Ravi thinks.

*Next Day

The club is empty at the moment, it’s 5:00 PM and the boys are getting everything ready. Today it’s Leo’s turn to polish the bar table and chairs, he pauses at your usual chair, I hope one day I’ll be able to talk to you as freely as the others do, he sighs, if only I wasn’t so damn quiet, I don’t mean it, I just don’t want to say something stupid. Ravi is preparing the drinks and making sure everything is aligned, Hyuk is working on the flowers, N the glasses, it was his idea to have flowers etched on them so he was happy when he saw that you liked them. Ken is talking to the DJ for the music, and Hongbin is setting up the lighting. They always rotated everyday, mostly so that each could have a turn to pick some of the music for the night.

“Is Do-Won really coming today?” Hyuk asks.

“Yes, she said so yesterday.” Hongbin replies.

“Okay, that’s good.” Hyuk grins. Yes, it is, N thinks as he cleans the last glass with the design of an iris. They work in silence until the first people start lining up outside. The boys get in their places in the bar, also rotating, today, Ravi is in the section where you will probably be sitting at. He’s already nervous thinking about what he’ll say, he relies very much on his jokes or else he’d probably be as quiet as Leo. Two hours pass and then you’re here, your entrance is obvious because almost all of the male heads turn and with good reason, you have brown hair with a few lighter streaks in it, it’s quite long, goes slightly past your elbows, you have dark brown eyes and pale skin. You’e extremely pretty and you’re not like the girls here who put on too much makeup, you only highlight a few areas and you usually wear silver eyeliner. You dance for a bit while making her way to the bar like you always do.

“One gin tonic?” Ravi asks.

“Yes please.” You nod. He gets a glass and starts pouring in the gin, then the tonic water. He places the glass in front of you, it’s a green orchid. Ravi then quickly goes to the next girl who of course tries to flirt with him, he just smiles politely and makes her a drink. “Doesn’t it get annoying, the constant flirting?” You ask him when he’s done.

“Sometimes, especially when the girl bats her eyes, it drives me crazy.” He replies.

“Like this?” You bat your eyes and then burst out laughing, “Sorry, couldn’t resist.” You say.

“It’s fine.” He laughs as well, you actually make batting the action pretty, he smiles slightly. You smile back at him and he does a mental victory dance, yes, she laughed and smiled! You look at him for a bit, he has a lovely smile, you think.

“Ravi, over there is a gap that needs to be filled.” N comes up behind him pointing to his left.

“Alright.” He sighs and then leaves. N is cleaning a glass with the design of a blue rose.

“Were you the one who switched the vodka for water?” You ask.

“Well, Ken was the one who told me to not give you vodka, so I just poured water in it. It’s good they look the same.” He says.

“Either way, I thank you both.” You smile brightly making N’s heart flutter.

“Who’s idea was it to have these glasses?” You ask.

“Mine.” He says.

“So I’m guessing you designed them to?” You ask and he nods, “That’s so cool.” He smiles.

“Come on, N, share.” Hyuk gently shoves him out of the way. N looks at him annoyed, if Do-Won wasn’t here, I’d probably kill you, he thinks, only slightly joking. He goes away and Hyuk leans on the table, “Want another drink?” He asks.

“Sure, just tonic water this time, please.” You say. He sets to work and then puts the glass in front of you, it’s the blue rose glass again.

“Have you been ignoring me?” He asks.

“What? No, why?” You ask.

“Every time you looked in my direction, you looked at each of the other guys but not me. Do you hate me now?” He pouts.

“I have no reason to hate you.” You reassure him.

“That’s good, I wouldn’t be able to bear having a girl like you hating me.” He sighs in relief.

“A girl like me?” You ask confused.

“Well, you’re kind, polite, you don’t flirt like them.” He says the flirting bit quietly, “You’re funny, you have the best smile, and you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.” He smiles softly. You blush a deep red and you know he has seen many pretty girls before but you still don’t believe what he said.

“No I’m not.” You mutter but you’re still very touched.

“I disagree.” He says and for once; the five other guys agree with him, “You must have noticed that all the guys look at you when you enter this club.” He adds and when you don’t say anything he takes that as a yes. Then he quickly excuses himself to serve the next person. He glances at you and still sees disbelief in your eyes, you probably don’t take what I say seriously, do you Do-Won, but every word I told you was true, not just meant flirtingly despite what you may think.

 

Yeah, I made it into a VIXX and you fic, hope you like it :D