2

Change Isn't Always Good

So Ri briskly walked away from the bus the moment she stepped out of it with tears in her eyes. She didn't want anyone to see her crying. 

"Yah, So Ri! Wait up!", she heard Chen call.

So Ri quickly wiped her tears away and spun around smiling, "What is it?"

"You handled Mi Sun really well. How on Earth do you even do that? If I were you, I would have smacked her!" 

Tao quickly followed behind him nodding his head. "I honestly don't get how you're so patient."

So Ri just shrugged and continued walking.

Chen turned to his group of friends looking confused. "Is it me, or is So Ri upset right now?"

Tao grinned "Maybe she's on her period?". Lay's eyes widened and quickly smacked Tao on the back of his head. "Tao! Don't ever say that again. You're gross, man. "

Lay shook his head and sighed "Women. We'll never understand them."

 

 

So Ri entered the classroom later than the rest of the boys. She was in the toilet cubicle crying her eyes out thinking, "I'm fat! I'm ugly!". So Ri just wanted to be slim. She wanted to be able to buy all those pretty clothes she sees in Myeongdong. But she never could. The stores never had clothes her size in stock. 

Whenever So Ri walked down the streets, she would always hear someone pointing at her and saying, "Oh wow, look at that thing. She looks absolutely disgusting." It made her upset. 

 

"Yah, where the hell have you been? We've been here for 20 minutes waiting for you!" Lay asked her with raised eyebrows.

So Ri froze and tried to think of an answer. No way in hell was she going to admit to her friends that she was crying in the toilet. "Oh uhm, I was-um, looking for my Science textbook. Yeah." She let out a nervous laugh. "Hey, has anyone seen Xiu Min? I haven't seen him ever since we got off the bus." So Ri quickly added to change the subject.

Lay looked around the classroom and furrowed his eyebrows. "Hm, I haven't either. Where is--"

"MOON SO RI!"

The classroom door flew open with a sweating and panting Xiu Min. "I figured you were upset so I ran to the grocery store and bought some buns for--" he quickly said in one breath.

Chen sighed and looked at his friend, "The only person who likes buns here is you, Xiu Min."

Xiu Min pouted and looked at So Ri "Yah, So Ri. Chen is being mean to me!"

So Ri chuckled and motioned Xiu Min to sit down. "Can I have one?" 

Xiu Min brightened up and nodded. He looked and Chen and stuck his tongue out. "See? So Ri likes it!"

"That's because she's fat."

Everyone looked up from what they were originally doing and saw Mi Sun smirking. She turned to So Ri and saw her frowning. It was obvious that So Ri was upset, but she tried to hide it anyway. "What's wrong, So Ri? All the fat not helping you be pretty?"

Chen stood up and grabbed Mi Sun's arms and pulled her out of the class. Once they were in the hallways, Chen let go of her arm and glared at her. "What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you say that to So Ri?"

Mi Sun smirked and took a step closer to Chen. "Because I'm trying to protect you, of course. No way am I leaving you with that fat pig. Why hang out with her when you can be with me?", she said while running her hands down his chest.

Chen pushed her hands away and scoffed. He glared at her once again before walking back to class. "You are a terrible person.", he mutters.

Chen entered the classroom to see his group of friends silent. "Yah, what's wrong?"

Mi Sun looked up at Chen. "Have you ever considered helping me loose weight?"