homeward bound

Where You At

"I'll call you when I get my ticket," CJ said and got up. Both were waiting for their connecting flight at JFK at the lounge.
"I can't believe you're going to Korea and not me," Ayu sighed. "hey, I heard the bigbang will be on your flight,"
"And why would bigbang go to Korea?" CJ was clueless.
"Seriously Park Sae Jin!" Ayu was almost screaming. "Not the bigbang theory. Bigbang as in the Korean band. God! I really can't believe you don't know them and you call yourself Korean,"
"You don't have to scream my complete name." CJ clenched her teeth. Her bestfriend Ayu Satoshi does it when she meant something. "I am a Korean-Canadian okay? What part don't you understand?"
"The part that you don't have any clue what's going on in your own country,"
"Satoshi Ayumi -san, being Korean doesn't mean I have to know what's going on in the blue house down to the local police station," CJ replied. "ask me what's with the Korean economy,"
"Well at least you should know your local entertainment news," Ayu flipped her tablet. "there! 5 gorgeous men"
CJ snickered. "So I don't know about Kpop culture and entertainment, that's what you're trying to say. Did you know Korea's number 1 export? Human. Kpop. Idols. Compare it with Japan entertainment, tell me how many idols went out of Japan to do concert or just some performance. Few. You can even name them. Koreans?" CJ shook her head. "Countless. There's like one korean idol every month performing around the world. What am I trying to say here? Japanese knows how to handle their economy well. Why does Japanese entertainment concentrate in their country? To attract tourist to boast their economy. Korea? Sending their talents out and what do they bring home? nothing. It's just for their agency, their company. Look at Johnny's entertainment, they don't have online shopping for goods endorsed or related to their talent. You can only buy it onsite. And there's your YG and I guess mostly korean labels, they do online shopping."
Ayu rolled her eyes. "damn! I knew you're an economist slash entrepreneur financial analyst but comparing my country to your country is..."
"Korean entertainment agencies are money ers."
"You have a point but can you set aside your being an analyst and be a Korean while in Korea." Ayu rolled her eyes again.
CJ just made a glance. "whatever. I am not interested and I am not going to Korea and waste my time on boybands. Please Ayu, I will be in Korea for Christmas, get done with whatever my brother wants me to do and get back to Canada. Pronto. I don't know what's my mom's cooking, why she insisted we celebrate the Christmas in Korea"

He moved to the other seat to get a view of the person who claims to not know any of Bigbang. The girl was on her back. She can only see the girl she's with.' I can't believe there's someone who doesn't know about us and a Korean' he thought. 'hell yeah, you're friend is right, don't claim to be a Korean if you don't know anything about Korea,' he gave up and went back to his original seat and started browsing the net.
"Oh, that's my flight." Ayu's flight had been announced for boarding. "Let me know when you are coming,"
"I will and hey book us with that hot spring thing," CJ walked her to her gate number. "Oh God I hope I'll be done fast in Korea,"
"oh well, you'll be fine," they exchanged hugs.
CJ returned to the lounge after Ayu boarded. She claimed the same seat where they were seating earlier and called her brother. "Oppa, are you picking me up?"
"I have tons to do at the office. I'll send someone to pick you up," her brother answered.
"Don't you dare send that Dong Young Bae. I am going to kill you when I get there," she threatens.
"Young Bae? Who's that?" her brother asked.
"For God's sake don't play innocent. Mom had been singing his name since you asked me to come and help you."
"hey, I don't know anything about that. Your sister in law will pick you up. Bo Bae will come too. Oh, you'll love my little girl. She's like you when you were a baby,"
"Shush. Oppa, I gotta go. My flight is being announced."
"safe flight. I'll see you in 10 hours."
"Oppa, can you prepare my fave food?" CJ grinned just thinking of authentic Korean foods.
"I will ask Dae Shin to make it,"
"oppa!" she yelled and covered . She looked around and saw some stares from the other passengers. "Forget it. He'll ruin everything and don't send him to pick me up. I know what's running in his head. Oppa. gotta go," She hung up and walked towards the boarding gate.
She claimed her seat. Her brother was so generous to book her in an executive seat. Add it up with 2 seat booked for her. So basically the seat beside her is empty. 'Such a waste. Well anyways not my freaking money,' she thought. She just deposited her bag in the overhead when her phone rang. It's her mom. "Mom, I just boarded."
"Let me talk to someone near your seat,"
"Mom!" her voice protesting. "are you trying to announce to the world about your daughter?" she glanced at the passenger across the aisle. She doesn't seem to care of her loud voice.
"Ok, let me talk to any flight attendant at least," her mom was really worried.
"mom, if you're that worried, why are you sending me to Korea?"
"I gave up," her mom ended the argument. "Let me know when you land. Call your brother as soon as you land,"
"yes mommy. Mom, I gotta hang. Love you mom!"
The take off announcement was made and a flight attendant came to her side. "Miss Park, we were advised about your condition. I'll be with you until we're air borne." she said.
CJ smiled. "Oh, there's no need. I'm fine."
"It's ok. That's an order," the flight attendant sat to the seat next to her and buckled up.
CJ closed her eyes and clenched her teeth as the plane takes off. Her breathing became unsteady and heavy. The flight attendant held CJ's hand until the plane became stable.
"Miss Park we're airborne. How are you feeling?"
CJ opened her eyes and nodded. "thanks."
The seatbelt sign was off and the flight attendant left to bring her water.
She steadied herself and unbuckled her seatbelt. She walked to the rest room and threw up like hell. She was just in for few minutes when a turbulence was announced and all passengers were advised to go back to their seats. She started to sweat and clung to the handle bar in the rest room. She was paralyzed. Tears started to build up in her eyes without knowing and she started sweating heavily.
"Miss Park?" there was a knock from the door but she was paralyzed even to talk. "Miss Park, can you open the door"
She managed to open the latched and fell to the attendant's arms.
"Oh my God!" The attendant panicked. Some passenger started to stare at the 2.
"here, let me help." a guy offered help. "She can take my seat. It's nearer than hers," he helped CJ to his seat and buckled her up. He sat to the empty seat across CJ.
"Thank you very much. Is it ok if you can switch seat for now?" the flight attendant asked the guy politely.
"Yeah sure no problem. "The guy walked towards CJ's seat.
"Ya, hyung, what was that?" Seungri followed Taeyang to his seat.
"I'm not sure. She suddenly fainted." Taeyang brushed the sweater in the next seat and picked the tablet lying next to his.
"Looks like she's really sick." Seungri commented. "why did they allowed her to board?"
"I saw her earlier talking to the phone and she looks fine."
Seungri shrugged. "Hyung, are these hers?" Seungri flipped the tablet and opened it.
"Ya, Seungri, you don't just touch other people's belonging." Tae yang scolded the younger guy.
"She won't know anyways." Seungri boldly continued to slide the tablet.
"go back to your seat," Taeyang ordered the youngest member.
"Hyung..."Tae yang closed his eyes and leaned back to his seat. " I want a good sleep before we land. You'll be pestering me for sure,"
"Hmmp," Seungri got up and walked back to his seat.
Taeyang can't control his curiosity as well. He opened the tablet as soon as Seungri left. It's full of economics news all over the world. A lot of graphs and who the hell knows how to interpret. He opened the picture folder. Nothing much in there but some family photos, friends and about economics.
He pretended to move it to the side when the FA arrived.
"Thank you sir for your being considerate. We really appreciate it. The company will contact your for appreciation,""
"It's called on. I am glad I can be of help," Tae yang smiled. "Uhm, if you don't mind, may I ask what happened back there?"
"I'm, sorry but it's client's confidential."
"I understand," Tae yang nodded.
"She'll probably want to be back to her seat. I'll notify you," the FA left.
CJ recovered and was able to steady herself. She noticed that she was sitting in a different seat. She got up and walked to her designated seat. She frowned when she saw someone sitting on the seat next to her. She just shrugged and sat to the seat next to him.
She didn't realize how long the time passed. She had been sleeping until someone woke her up. They are serving dinner.
She acknowledged the FA and her meal were served. The guy sitting next to her had a different set. "can I have beef as well?" she asked.
"Oh, we have meal instruction for you ma'am.." The FA answered.
"Oh, ok," she glanced at the set beside her. She really wanted meat at that moment. 'Good old oppa,' she thought. Her brother was so considerate. She glanced again at the guy seated next to her. He's wearing dark glasses. "weirdo’ she thought. She started digging on her food.' ah. can't wait for real Korean food," she murmured and finished her salad.
The guy next to her start to bother her. Why is he sitting next to her and he won't take that dark glasses off.
"Miss Park, do you want to seat next to the washroom? we'll be landing in few minutes. The designated FA will be with you shortly," The FA informed her.
CJ made a sign pointing at the guy next to her. The FA was about to answer but she interrupted. "I'll be fine."
"Regardless, The FA will be infront of your seat. Ahm, sir, are you ok sitting here?" The FA turned to the guy who was still silent. The guy nodded and the FA left.
The pilot announced that they will be taxiing in 3 minutes.
CJ gripped the armrest and closed her eyes. She clenched her teeth and repressing the urge to scream. She was able to restrain herself from screaming but she started to choke from controlling her tears.
The guy next to her took her glasses off and was alarmed at CJ's appearance. "hey," he tapped CJ's shoulder but she didn't respond. "oh my God! what the...." CJ started to gasp. He grabbed her shoulder and hugged her. CJ started to breathe heavily. "you can cry if you want to. No one's looking at you," he whispered.
CJ released her grip of the arm rest and held at the guy tightly that it hurt the guy.
The plane touched the ground and circling to stop. CJ breathed and sat back casually like nothing happened. She glanced at the guy beside her and was horrified. "Oh..my...did I" she turned her eyes to the floor and cursed. "! someone's going to pay for this," she turned again to the guy. "ahm, pretend nothing happened, will ya?"
The guy didn't even respond.
CJ rolled her eyes and her phone. Few minutes after she turned it on it rang. "Oh, oppa?" It's her brother. "ya oppa! Is this your idea of getting me tied in Korea? You are so dead once I get off this plane." CJ's voice was high pitched and almost screaming. She got few glances from the passengers. She took her bag overhead and started walking out of the cabin."Oppa, call you in a bit. I am at the custom." The custom official looked at her from head to foot. She holds a Canadian passport and considered a visitor in Korea. The official nod off and let her go. She saw her luggage on the conveyor belt as soon as she got out. She picked it up and called her brother. "Oppa, where are you?" She scanned the people at the arrival. "Oppa, you are not by...." she bumped someone. "Sorry," she apologized. 'Oh God! why is everyone wearing dark glasses' she brushed the thought and continued scanning the area. Someone circled her waist. "What the !" she turned around and came face to face with her brother. "ya, Park Dae Shin!"
"How's the baby?" her brother kissed her on the cheek.
"And where's Jae min oppa?" CJ asked back.
"Like you don't know your brother," Dae Shin took her luggage. CJ still scanning the area. "He's not in the crowd. He called me this morning to pick you up instead."
CJ wasn't listening. "I'm checking out if I have a name in those banners. Oppa, you don't know by chance Dong Young Bae, do you?" Before her brother could answer she was deafen by screams. "what the was that?" she can't hear herself as well.
"Bigbang. They're just coming back from their north American tour." Dae Shin answered.
"arrghh!" she walked as fast as she could. "This is damn crazy,"

 

a/n: comments appreciated. Still thinking for a  banner photo. Anyone wants to make me one? :D