What a Joke

Babysitting a Delinquent

Hi my fellow/new subscribers! Thanks for finding my fic! I hope you all stick with me till the end :)


When I got out of the ladies’ room, I was startled to see Jenissi waiting right outside the door. “We need to talk,” he said blocking my way.

“About what?” I asked. He paused for a little bit and looked around. It was only us standing in the narrow hallway of bathrooms. “Make it quick, Kidoh’s waiting for me,” I said impatiently.

“Okay,” he began, looking at me straight in the face. “If I were you, I wouldn’t go out with that guy.”

“What, why?” I asked suddenly confused.

“Just listen to me. Don’t go out with him,” he said sternly. “He’s not a good guy.”

“You’re saying Kidoh’s not a good guy? What about yourself?” I scoffed. “I think you’re just jealous.”

“No! That’s not it!” he snapped. “You know, Kidoh’s known to be taking groupies to his house. I bet you didn’t even know that.”

“So? Do I look like a groupie to you?” I asked offensively.

“I’ve seen him. He may seem sweet and dreamy at first, but he only wants to get in bed with you.” He said the last part with a low voice.

I gasped. “You think I believe you? Kidoh is not like that.”

“You just met the guy!” he said, raising his voice. “Plus I’m a guy, and I know what all guys want. They want to get-“

“Don’t say it! Kidoh wouldn’t do anything like that! He would never have 'you know what' on the first night. Maybe just you!”

“Maybe, but trust me, Kidoh is worse than me.”

“Ugh, why do you even care?”

“Hey!” Someone shouted. We looked back and saw Kidoh. “What are you two doing? Fighting again?”

“I was just about to leave, but Jenissi won’t let me go.”

Kidoh pulled Jenissi away from me. “What did you tell her?” Kidoh asked looking at him straight in the eye.

Jenissi glanced at me and said “I was just telling her how good you were to all the young girls you took home.”

“No he didn’t,” I said. “He just went on talking about how jealous he is of you.”

“Is that what it is?” Kidoh laughed. “Sorry, but I think we should leave now before our dinner gets cold.” Kidoh grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Jenissi. As we walked down the narrow hallway, Jenissi shouted “REMEMBER HE ONLY WANTS TO SLEEP WITH YOU!” I looked back and stuck my tongue out at him before leaving out the door.

 

I didn’t get home until two am last night and had to get up at six.

For some reason, when I woke up that morning, I wasn’t tired at all. I think I was because I had such a fun time last night with Kidoh. He was such an amazing and down to earth guy. Being with him made me so happy, I couldn’t bare not having him in sight. I was pretty sure he felt the same way too. Right before I got to Mrs. Kim’s house that morning, Kidoh texted me. He wanted to take me and the kids to the zoo for the day. Wasn’t he just the sweetest guy ever? What can be more perfect than having a boy like him?

After sharing the news with the kids during breakfast, Haru got excited. “I wanna see the penguins and the elephants and the lions!”

“Okay, we definitely will! You better go get changed before Hyosang Oppa comes!”

“Hyosang Oppa?” she questioned.

“Yes, Hyosang Oppa’s a very nice guy. You’ll like him,” I told her.

“Okay,” she smiled then ran up the stairs to get ready.

I started packing a bag for the day. Everything including snacks, water, and diapers were packed into one small backpack. When that was done, I went up to baby Tae’s room to find an outfit to change him in. As I searched for his clothes, I heard a loud cry coming from downstairs. I quickly grabbed whatever I could find in the drawers then rushed down the stairs. Baby Tae was crying his lungs out.

“Baby’s crying,” I heard Jenissi say from the kitchen.

“You were here the whole time?! Why didn’t you do something?!” I said, picking up baby Tae from his crib and feeding him his bottle.

“Who’s the nanny around here?” Jenissi asked all smart alec-like.

“At least act like you’re his older brother,” I snapped, bouncing baby Tae in my arms.

“So how are you and your new guy?” Jenissi asked all of a sudden.

“Why do you care?”

“Was I right about him or what?”

“No, you were wrong. So wrong.” I shook my head.

“You mean you didn’t get up in bed with him this morning undressed?” he said raising his brows. I looked at him with wide eyes, not believing what he just said.

“You watch your mouth! I woke up in my own bed fully clothed!” I walked away from him and went back into the living room. As I placed baby Tae on the couch and started changing him, Jenissi came out and sat on the rocking chair beside us.

“So, did you or did you not have fun with him last night?”

"Why do you keep asking?" I sighed. “I did, but we did none of the things you’re thinking.”

“Really?” he asked, with shock on his face. “Did he at least kiss you?”

I felt myself blush then gasped. “Ugh, this isn’t your business.”

“What, I just wanna know all the deets,” he said. “Just tell me and I won’t ask again.”

I blew my hair out of my face. “No,” I said under my breath.

“Was that a no?”

“You said you weren’t going to ask again!”

“I didn’t hear what you said!”

“No!”

“No what?”

There he goes again, driving me crazy. I heard him laugh. “What’s so funny?” I asked.

“I’ve never seen you so red before. Are you embarrassed that he hasn’t kissed you yet?”

“No,” I said flatly.

“Why then? Have you never kissed anyone before?” he asked with a smirk. He just had to ask.

It was true, I’ve never been kissed by anyone before in my whole twenty years of existence. All night last night I’ve been longing for Kidoh to kiss me goodnight, but he hasn’t yet. He was the kind of guy to take things slow I guess. I just couldn't wait for that perfect day when we would share out first kiss.

I didn’t answer Jenissi, but I guess the silence answered his question. He started to crack up again in his seat. I glared at him and threw a stuffed animal at his face. "You haven't kissed anyone before? And how old are you? Twenty?" he teased. I threw a ball at him this time.

“I’m ready!” Haru called from upstairs. She came down dressed up in a t-shirt, shorts, a cap, and a backpack.

“Wait, where are you guys going?” Jenissi asked.

“Kidoh offered to take me and the kids to the zoo today," I explained to him. "See, he’s nice."

“What a joke,” Jenissi scoffed, rocking back and forth in his chair. I ignored his comment and finished up changing Tae in his clothes. I didn’t even notice him stop crying until after our whole conversation.

“Is Oppa coming with us?” Haru asked.

“It's up to him if he wants to." I doubt it. I asked him, "Do you want to join us and see the zoo animals Taeyang?"

I knew he'd be annoyed if I called him that. He glared at me. “I’d rather not,” he said looking at his phone.

"Fine with me," I said relieved.

“But we’re going to see penguins Oppa! And elephants and lions!” Haru said patting his lap.

“Wait, there’s lions?” he asked putting his phone down.

“Yeah!” Haru said cheerfully.

“Then count me in!” Jenissi said getting up from his chair.

“What? But we’re only taking the kids!” I said standing up.

“I’m a kid aren’t I? At least that what you think of me, right?”

“True, but-“

“But you can’t just abandon a kid a home, so you have no choice.”

“Jenissi, are you serious right now? Kidoh is on his way,” I told him but he had already ran upstairs to change. All of a sudden the doorbell rang.

When I opened the door and saw Kidoh, my mind refreshed back to its happy and steady state. His smile radiated like the sun. Haru hid behind my leg as I introduced her to him. “This is Hyosang Oppa. The one I was talking about.”

Kidoh kneeled down and waved. “Hi, I’m your new oppa.” He then offered a hand. “Don’t worry, I won't bite.” Haru slowly reached out and shook his hand, making Hyosang chuckle to himself. “She’s cute,” he said looking up at me. It was such a precious moment to watch. Then he met baby Tae which was also a precious sight. He took Tae from my arms and introduced himself in a cute voice then startled to tickle him. Once he got a laugh out of Tae, we all started laughing. I’d imagined Kidoh being the father of my children. He wouldn’t just make the perfect husband, but a perfect father. Everything about him was just right.

“You kids ready to go?” he asked cheerfully. “Got everything?” he asked me.

“I think so,” I said checking inside my bag.

“Nope! You’re forgetting me!” Jenissi said coming out from behind.

Kidoh’s expression was priceless when he saw him. “Jenissi? Y-you’re coming with us too?”

“Yeah! Is there a problem?”

“N-no, it’s just-“

“Great! Let’s get going before the sun goes down!” He put his sunglasses on and stepped out the door first.

I sighed. Kidoh looked at me and I shrugged. There was no way we could stop Jenissi from coming with us. I was planning on having a good time with Kidoh and the kids, but why did Jenissi have to ruin everything again? Did he hate me and Kidoh that much? Does he really have to be so annoying? I guess we'll just have to put up with him for now.


I've noticed these chapters have more dialogue than paragraphs...I'll work on it in later chapters so that it seems longer, or do you think it's okay?

Comment your reactions and what you think so far, and look out for an update soon ~

 Haru and Baby Tae ~

 

Sweet Hyosang~

 

And Jenissi who only gets it his way