Third Impression

Love of a Pup

YongGuk sighed as he rolled into his bed in exhaustion. A pair of arms encircled his waist as a small, sleepy hum acknowledged his presence. He curled up into her embrace with another sigh.

“Are you sure about tomorrow, huh?” JiEun mumbled drowsily, her voice cracking and low from her sleep.

“Are you questioning my decision now, too?” he growled, a slight sign of dominance but it was weak and halfhearted.

“Of course not, my dear Alpha. I’m not happy with those humans doing whatever they want to our beautiful forest. I’m just worried about our precious JongUpie. He really likes that human girl. I even hear him calling her his mate when he thinks we’re not listening,” she revealed, patting him (condescendingly) on the head to assuage his anger. YongGuk nodded in agreement.

“That’s why I let him warn her. Our goal isn’t to hurt anyone in the first place. If those stupid humans would just give us back our land, this wouldn’t be a problem in the first place,” he scoffed in annoyance. “SungGyu-hyung was generous enough to let us share more of his territory. I don’t plan on extending that generosity more than needed.”

JiEun nuzzled herself under his neck affectionately while emitting a wolf version of a purr. He grumbled low in response, appreciating the soothing action. His whole body loosened as he relaxed over her.

“Good night, YongGukie~” she hummed while petting his head. He could feel himself becoming putty in her hands. His eyes slowly drooped as JiEun continued his hair to sleep. He was going to need it.

 

 

The wind blew cold chills throughout the city. Above it stood a pack of wolves, staring at the area of their territory that had been seized from them due to human expansion.

“Parasites,” grumbled YoungJae with a disgusted scoff.

“Keep the casualties down. We’re not here to hurt innocent bystanders; just to get our territory back, am I understood?” YongGuk commanded. After his pack chorused their understanding, he delegated positions to everyone. “SunHwa, JunHong, scare the humans in the building out. Howl when you’ve finished a building and go to the next one. HimChan, HyoSung, HaNa, start marking the weak points of the building for the rest of the boys to hit once the magnaes give the signal. If you have any problems, JiEun and I will be checking the perimeter. You three, keep watch until HimChan gives the signal. If you see any Slayers, take care of them. Are we ready?”

“YES!”

“Go!”

At their Alpha’s order, they scattered into their respectable places. DaeHyun looked back at JongUp to see if he was okay. If their Epsilon felt sad, he refused to show it. The Delta reminded himself to keep an eye on the boy. A mistake could cost him and the rest of their pack with their unfavorable plan. Leave it to their leaders to be ethical demons. Who even does that?

“JongUp, you take care of the west entrance. I’ll take the north. YoungJae, you can watch over east and south,” DaeHyun delegated as SunHwa and JunHong sprang into action first.

“You . You’re making me take care of two sides of the building,” YoungJae grumbled, though he didn’t argue against the decision. Despite being lower ranked than him, YoungJae found the formation to be fair since the west and north entrances of this particular building seemed to be less populated than the others.

Suddenly, a loud, terrible noise rang in all of their ears. The three wolves that were on a lookout, peered up from their hiding spot to see humans rushing out of building. They seemed too orderly to have been scared out by SunHwa and JunHong.

“Something’s not right. Change of plans, go find SunHwa and JunHong. I have a bad feeling the Slayers were here before we got here,” YoungJae growled out, glaring accusingly at JongUp.

“HyeJu wouldn’t do that!” JongUp protested with confidence but the Gamma just shook his head at the Epsilon. “Hyung!”

JongUp wasn’t able to voice anymore protest as YoungJae and DaeHyun both went on ahead of him. With a sigh of defeat, he followed the two older wolves, feeling queasy in his stomach. While he had sounded confident to YoungJae, he wasn’t quite as confident to himself. Did HyeJu decide to protect her friends at expense of their lives?

 

 

“You want ramen?”

“Again?”

“Well, what else do you want? There aren’t exactly many good restaurants around here…”

“We’ll just ask Unnie what she wants to eat.”

“…it’s going to be ramen.”

“You never know! We should have called before we came all the way over here.”

“It’s called a surprise because the other party doesn’t know about it.”

“Don’t smartmouth me. I’ll kick you in the .”

“Yes, ma’m~”

“Ugh, you’re so irritating. This is why Unnie likes me better.”

“Whatever. Let’s just go surprise her and then go eat. I’m starving.”

The two continued bickering the whole way to HyeJu’s work place. The three girls rarely had lunch together since HyeJu works on the opposite side of where the Slayers’ training facilities was located. Usually the three of them would make plans when MiHyun and Kira know they have work off. But the two girls wanted to surprise the older girl.

“MiHyun…”

“What?”

“MiHyun, there’s people coming out of that building…”

“Maybe it’s a fire drill?”

“Something doesn’t feel right…where’s HyeJu-unnie? Call her!” Kira rushed in after her command to MiHyun.

“K-Kira! Don’t just run in there! What if there’s a serious problem like a fire or…and…she’s gone. Okay…” MiHyun took out her cell phone and called for HyeJu while simultaneously trying to locate her whereabouts. She was a bit worried too, but felt relieved when HyeJu picked up.

“MiHyun? What’s wrong?” The background noise was so loud that MiHyun could barely hear HyeJu.

“Unnie! We came to have lunch with you but there’s people coming outside. Are you okay? Where are you?”

“Y-You’re here? Kira’s here?! Why are you two here?!”

MiHyun was taken aback by how flustered HyeJu sounded suddenly. “We…have a break from training so we wanted to have lunch with you…I know we didn’t tell you ahead of time but-”

“MiHyun, I’m a bit busy today. Can you two just go home to eat? There’s plenty of food in the fridge.”

“Go home…but…we’re here already and…you clearly have a fire drill going on at the moment.”

More background noise.

“…Unnie? Is everything okay? Where are you?”

“Please, MiHyun. Please just go home. Just for today. Don’t ask just…”

“Well, even if I could, Kira went into your building so…”

“Oh, for the love of-you two have the worst timing ever!”

And with that, HyeJu hung up on MiHyun. The confused girl stared at her phone, wondering if that was really a conversation she just had with HyeJu, their friend that loved to have any meal she can get with the two of them. Feeling suspicious, she started walking towards the building when she was suddenly attacked.

 

 

HyeJu cursed as she rushed down to the exit. This wasn’t going as she planned. She knew she couldn’t hide this forever from MiHyun and Kira, but she didn’t think it would be happening this soon. She relied too much on the fact that the two Slayers were always busy and wouldn’t come all the way to her workplace unless there was a need for them there.

“They never come here. Why today of all days?!” HyeJu ranted under her breath.

“HyeJu!”

HyeJu turned her head to be greeted by a frantic, breathless Kira. The older girl instantly felt the stab in her heart from guilt.

“Kira…”

“You’re okay…” the younger girl smiled in relief despite still breathing heavily. HyeJu nodded, patting Kira on the head.

“I’m fine. Come on. Let’s get out of here,” HyeJu suggested, hoping to get out of there as soon as possible.

Of course, things never go as planned.

“I knew it.”

With just those three words, Kira pushed HyeJu behind her and pulled out her gun. She glared at one of the werewolves she had become all too familiar with. Before HyeJu could hold her back, Kira lunged at the werewolf while shooting with a scream.

“YOUNGJAE!”

“No armor?” he taunted as he dodged her bullets easily.

“I don’t need it for a scrub like you,” she scoffed as she fired more shots at him, nearly hitting his leg with one of her shots. “HyeJu, get out of here! I’ll take care of this mutt.”

HyeJu bit her lip. She needed to find MiHyun. There was no point trying to talk to Kira at this point. She could only hope that Kira would be okay. With an apology at Kira, HyeJu took off outside to find MiHyun.

“M-Mutt?! You-!”

Another shot nearly taking YoungJae’s head off had he not dodged at the very last moment. His ears pinned down against his head, feeling the wind from the shot right above his right ear.

“Motherer! You slayers really are a bit trigger happy. Is talking too much for your little brains to handle?” he continued tantalizing.

“There’s no talking to monsters like you.”

“We have feeling too, you know~”

“ you. I’ll end you for going after HyeJu,” she growled viciously, going as far as even snarling.

YoungJae laughed, “Me? JongUpie would probably try to take me out if I so much as touched a hair on her pretty little head.”

His statement threw Kira’s concentration off, her posture loosening ever so slightly. YoungJae smirked at the ever so small opening. His ears twitched in excitement as his tail swished back and forth. She was clearly thrown off by his statement. “What is that supposed to mean?!”

“You don’t know? Our little JongUpie has a thing for your pretty, nonviolent friend. Seems she isn’t too opposed to his affection. And here I thought you shared everything~ Guess your relationship isn’t as close as you thought, huh?”

Another shot at YoungJae. Although this one was close to hitting YoungJae, her aim was not as accurate as earlier.

“You’re lying! HyeJu would never have anything to do with you bastards!”

She was screaming at him at this point while shooting. At that point, she was shooting wildly in an attempt to kill the werewolf. YoungJae grinned triumphantly when her gun clicked empty barrels. It was his turn to attack before she could reload. He launched himself at the unarmed Slayer, who wasn’t going down without a fight. Despite being physically faster and stronger, YoungJae was unable to find an opening. He figured she would just blindly attack him after her laser show with her gun earlier, but she had reverted back to her killer instincts, protecting all of her vitals, not even bothering trying to attack him. Any attacks she fired back at him were all in defense.

“I’m impressed. Not bad…for a girl~”

“I know exactly what you’re doing and you’re not throwing me off again.”

“I was just telling the truth. And I have one advantage you don’t have~” In a blink of an eye, he was behind her, whispering in her ear, “Our females are currently in heat, so we’re ever so slightly more…motivated…if you know what I mean.”

“YOU PIG!”

When she tried to smack him, he grabbed her wrist and twisted her arm behind her back, so he could pin her to the ground.

“Game over~ Now, how do you want to go out? Quick and painless or slow and…useful~” he chuckled lowly as he his lips.

 

 

When HyeJu got out of the building, she called MiHyun and immediately began searching for the younger girl. Her eyes widened as her heart dropped at the sight of a limp MiHyun in JongUp’s arms.

“…MiHyun…MIHYUN!”

“HyeJu! I-”

Not listening to him, she grabbed the unconscious girl from him and backed away defensively while glaring at him. He stared helplessly at her, begging her to listen to him. She turned away from him to check if MiHyun was okay. Breathing, check. Pulse, check. Complexion looked fine. Bleeding, didn’t find any. There was a bump on the back of her head. But other than that, the girl seemed to be okay. Once she was sure that MiHyun was okay, she glared up at JongUp again. The werewolf flinched in shock at the nasty look HyeJu was giving him. He shook his head and hands.

“I-It’s not what you think! H-Hyung…was…it…it was an accident! And it wasn’t me! I just-” JongUp stuttered helplessly, doing his best to explain the situation so HyeJu didn’t misunderstand. He wanted to stay in her good favor. Giving up on his words, he transformed into his full wolf form and stared at her. His ears flattened as his tail hung between his legs. HyeJu stared at the werewolf. She shouldn’t believe him. He could have very well planned this and hurt her friend. But his eyes begged for forgiveness, and not a single cell in his body emitted the essence of betrayal. She sighed, stretching her hand out to him. He recoiled, fearing she would strike him. When he realized she wasn’t going to, he apprehensively met her outstretched hand, placing his nose under her hand. He didn’t realize how tense he was until he felt a wave of relaxation from his nose to his tail when HyeJu began to pet him. He whined while nudging her hand for more pets, earning him a gentle chuckle from HyeJu.

“Good boy, JongUp…you would never hurt my friends, right?”

JongUp frantically shook his head. She smiled.

“Thanks…” She sighed, “Your pack…I’m not sure about.”

“I’ll protect you…and your friends,” JongUp resolved definitively. HyeJu stared up at him in shock.

“JongUp…you’d be protecting us from your own pack. Isn’t that a form of treason?” she worried, wondering if the young wolf knew what he was talking about. “We’ll be fine! Just…just get your pack out of here somehow…”

“But…” JongUp looked around. “Where’s your other friend?”

“She’s fighting off one of your pack members, but she’ll be fine,” HyeJu reassured.

“Which one?”

“I don’t know…I think…Kira said his name is YoungJae?”

JongUp stiffened, “She’s…fighting YoungJae-hyung?”

“I…think so?”

Without another word, JongUp disappeared from HyeJu’s sight back into the building.

“JONGUP!”

 

 

By the time JongUp had reached the fight, YoungJae had Kira pinned to the ground.

“Hyung!”

 “You warned the Slayers of our arrival, traitor!” YoungJae growled out before JongUp could even say another word. His anger was evident through his hold on Kira’s neck, which suddenly tightened causing her to choke.

“I didn’t!”

“Then why are these Slayers here?!”

“YoungJae…let go of Kira…” HyeJu worried as she watched helplessly at the younger girl struggle for air. YoungJae glared directly at HyeJu, who tried to stand her ground bravely at the werewolf. He pinned his ears down at her and growled.

“I don’t want to hear it from the partner-in-crime of our traitor. And this girl has been on my case since she started. Like hell I’m going to give up a golden opportunity like this to take care of her. You can sit and watch peacefully as I enjoy my meal~” YoungJae smirked with a of his lips as he transformed into his full wolf form.

“KIRA!”

HyeJu gasped as JongUp charged at YoungJae using his whole body as a projectile to shove YoungJae off of Kira. The older werewolf snarled angrily at the younger one for his insubordination. HyeJu immediately grabbed Kira out of their and checked to make sure she was okay.

“I’m fine, HyeJu…” she finally said between a few coughing fits from her attempts to get air back into her lungs. “You like that wolf, don’t you?”

“I--”

HyeJu whipped her head back to the battle when she heard JongUp’s whimper of pain. YoungJae had managed to sink his teeth into the younger one’s tail, using the appendage as a leverage to throw him to the side in a more vulnerable position.

“HyeJu! Answer me! Do you like that wolf?!” Kira demanded as she slowly regained her bearings.

“Yes, okay, I do! I’m sorry, Kira. I know you have a horrible past with werewolves, but I just-”

“That’s all I needed to know.”

“What?”

Before she answered, Kira was already charging into battle with her sword. She threw herself between the charging YoungJae and the nearly defenseless JongUp. Swiftly, she put her sword up to prevent YoungJae from chomping his jaws into JongUp, using her foot as extra leverage to throw the strong Gamma back. After being thrown back, YoungJae transformed back into his humanoid form with a shocked look on his face as Kira stood up in front of JongUp, glaring at YoungJae.

“You’re protecting him?!” he asked incredulously. “He’s a werewolf too, you know?”

“Holy , I had no idea! The fuzzy ears and tail didn’t tip me off or anything,” Kira gasped back in mocked surprise, enjoying YoungJae’s crossed image a little too much.

YoungJae growled, “Why are you protecting him?! You’re a Slayer! You kill demons indiscriminately.”

“I don’t care what I am. This kid is important to HyeJu. That’s all that matters to me.”

“Kira…” HyeJu stared in shock as Kira stood assertively in front of JongUp.

“You have no place to interfere! This is between me and a subordinate,” the Gamma wolf demanded as he morphed back into his full wolf form. “I’ll destroy you for getting in my way.”

“He’s right. I really appreciate your concern, but I can’t let you interfere.” The defiant Epsilon got back on his wobbly feet and slowly took his position in front of the waiting YoungJae. After a few staggered breaths, JongUp made the first move and tried to go after YoungJae’s back leg. The more experienced fighter saw through the attack and swung his back end around before whacking JongUp to the ground with his paw, tearing through some fur with his sharp claws. Right as YoungJae was about to pin him down by his neck, JongUp managed to avoid his attack by rolling out of the way. Wobbling, he got back on his feet though with much difficulties after YoungJae’s direct attack on his shoulder.

“Stop!” HyeJu yelled out before JongUp recklessly charged again. She ran over and stood in front of JongUp with her arms out. “Please! I understand where you’re coming from but JongUp doesn’t want to hurt anyone and he would never want to abandon his pack. Don’t hurt him anymore. Please…YoungJae…please…”

The Gamma’s golden eyes simmered in the light as they bore into HyeJu’s own begging eyes. She could hear JongUp’s whimper from behind her. He was scared for her. YoungJae was not the most forgiving out of his superiors. The younger wolf tried to nudge HyeJu out of the way, but the girl was determined to stop this. She didn’t want anyone else getting hurt especially not her poor wolf pup. YoungJae slowly approached HyeJu, causing JongUp to become antsier. The Gamma snarled at the Epsilon to cease his action. With a defeated whine, he plastered himself to HyeJu’s back so he could get her out of there if need be.

HyeJu was terrified out of her mind.

She was by no means someone who could defend herself against a deadly demon, and she certainly didn’t have the guts to pretend to be brave. But she put up the front anyways. She was sure that YoungJae could smell her fear as he continued to approach until the large werewolf was towering over her despite all four of his legs placed flat on the ground.

“I don’t trust humans, including you. And I certainly don’t agree with JongUp’s choice of mate. Realistically, there is no future for the two of you,” he stated blatantly as he bared his teeth before he backed up a little. “But I’m surprised how much you care for him despite how much you’re about to your pants.”

YoungJae took once glance at JongUp with a huff.

“Come home when you’ve got this figured out.”

With a flip of his tail, he turned to leave. Just as he was about to jump away, a flaming arrow struck him right into his hind leg. JongUp immediately ran in front of YoungJae to protect his hyung as he snapped at the appearance of other Slayers. More flaming arrows came at JongUp, who had nothing but his claws to whack them away. Suddenly a shield flew across JongUp, catching all the arrows that would have harmed him right before they managed to hit him.

“MiHyun!”

The now conscious Slayer jumped next to Kira to protect HyeJu. They glanced at each other when they realized that their opponents were their own teammates, the GOT7 boys.

“Noona! What are you doing?!” JaeBum demanded as he lowered his bow, the one responsible for taking YoungJae down through his unexpected attack. The rest of his team also lowered their weapons, unsure of what to do except for Jackson. Rather than asking questions, Jackson charged from the side with his saber directly at the injured werewolf. YoungJae growled at Jackson with every intention of fighting the Slayer despite his excruciating injury that partially paralyzed one of his back legs. Both parties were shocked when Kira jumped forward, intercepting Jackson’s surprise attack. She fought the Slayer back with her sword, knocking him far away enough that MiHyun could shoot warning shots at his feet to force him back to his team.

“You traitors!” Jackson screamed out in furious anguish. He looked devastated by their betrayal.  “Why are you protecting those monsters?! They killed our families!”

Neither MiHyun nor Kira tried to explain themselves. They just stood unmoving in front of the werewolves by the unspoken pact between the two of them. YoungJae stared at the female Slayers in disbelief. Just a few seconds ago, the crazy one was trying to remove his head to plaster on her wall. Was he really being protected by the same people who would have murdered him in a second right now? Never in his wildest dreams would he have thought this would happen. He winced as HyeJu tried to treat his wound with her travel pack first aid kit.

JaeBum glared at the girls, “Fine. If we’re going to play it that way, we won’t hold back. BamBam, YoungJae, get Kira and MiHyun out of the way. We’ll concentrate our attacks on those pests.”

Before they got a chance, a resonating howl echoed through the air as a stampede of enormous werewolf demons formed a barrier in front of their pack members and the girls. They snarled and snapped at the Slayers, who back up when they realized they were outnumbered. The werewolf leaders hopped in front of their defensive line at the Slayers.

“Our only goal for today is to take back our land…” YongGuk started.

“…but if you so much as touch one of my babies again, I’ll eat your intestines for lunch,” JiEun chirped with a smile on her face while giant claws dug into the ground, dragging the dirt in visible anger. JaeBum scrunched up his face in fury while staring at the three girls on the opposite side of the wolf barrier.

“Don’t ever come back.”

Jackson threw his saber on the ground and stomped away after giving MiHyun one last look of disgust. Their YoungJae and BamBam could only stare sadly, neither one of them believing the events that unfolded before them, before leaving without looking back. Mark stood there the longest, still processing everything. When he finally found the words, they came out spitting venom.

“JinYoungie and YuGyeomie nearly gave up their lives for you, HyeJu. Disappointed can’t even begin how I feel right now. I hope those foul beasts are worth losing your friends over.”

And with those words, Mark left as well.

JongUp lowered his head and looked up at HyeJu like a guilty dog checking to see if his owner was upset with him. She fell on JongUp’s large head, hugging him tightly as she tried not to cry. Their words stabbed her heart. They were obnoxious and annoying most of the times, but they were her friends. And she knew right there that she had lost them forever without even a chance to explain herself. What was worse was the fact that she forced this fate upon her precious dongsaengs as well.

“HyeJu?” JongUp whispered softly as he nuzzled her gently. She shook her head rapidly. She didn’t want to talk about it right now.

“Hey! Let me go, you mothering-!”

“Ouch! That hurt, you jerk!”

Her pup pinned his ear back, curling up around HyeJu, while lowering his head in submission and backing away from his encircling pack at the same time. Now that the other Slayers had gone, he had to deal with his pack. HimChan and DaeHyun captured Kira and MiHyun respectively by cuffing their wrists behind their backs with their powerful grips. HyeJu looked over at her girls helplessly. What was happening now? Hadn’t she lost enough in one day?

“SunHwa, JunHong, go check on YoungJae. HimChan, DaeHyun, bring those Slayers over here,” YongGuk ordered before approaching JongUp. The Epsilon snapped at the leader when he tried to touch HyeJu. The leader snapped back, throwing JongUp with ease to the ground. HyeJu jumped in shock at how quickly JongUp was put in his place in comparison to the Epsilon’s fight for dominance against YoungJae earlier. Despite his unfavorable position, he struggled under YongGuk’s grip in fear of what they would do to HyeJu.

“JongUpie, out of all of our pack members, you were the last one I would have even imagined to show such blatant subordination,” JiEun commented in shock as she watched YongGuk struggling ever so slightly to keep the younger wolf quiet. His snarls were becoming desperate whines when he watched JiEun stalk up to HyeJu, who turned to run in fear. JiEun transformed into her humanoid form and effortlessly blocked HyeJu’s escape route. The Alpha female smiled surprisingly kindly at HyeJu.

“So this is the source of our cute little JongUp’s misbehaviors.”

“I-I---”

“Thank you.”

“I-What?”

JiEun giggled angelically, a sound HyeJu didn’t know werewolves could make, “Thank you for saving our precious Epsilon. Year ago, when you first met him. We were worried sick about the little fellow when we couldn’t find him after a battle versus some Slayers. You wouldn’t believe how much he kept talking about this human angel that saved him!”

JiEun hugged HyeJu for a moment before backing away with a sad smile. “We’re truly sorry for outcasting you and your two friends over there from the rest of your friends. I realize there’s no way to make it up to you, but any way that we can help, please let us know.”

“I-What?” HyeJu repeatedly dumbly. Were these really werewolves that she was talking to?

“I apologize if this is all so shocking to you. Did you think we were going to eat you all?” JiEun giggled again, a sound that HyeJu decided she really liked. “We’re demons; we’re not heartless. We have a family as well.”

“I just-I thought-I don’t know. I thought…you all would be more opposed to this,” HyeJu bravely admitted.

JiEun laughed, “Oh trust me! We would have eaten you all in a second had this been a few years ago!”

HyeJu froze.

“But you wouldn’t believe how infatuated our JongUpie is with you. It became hard not to like you especially with how bravely you stood up for him today,” JiEun revealed as she ordered for all of the boys to let go of their charges. JongUp, who didn’t hear any of the conversation, darted to HyeJu’s side immediately, separating JiEun from HyeJu. His pupils were dilated in fear despite how he snapped at JiEun to get away from HyeJu.

“Shhh, JongUp, it’s okay! It’s okay…” HyeJu cooed as the confused werewolf looked between the two females. At JiEun’s approving smile, JongUp flopped over in exhaustion on HyeJu. “Whoa!”

She stared in disbelief as the werewolf just made himself comfortable in her lap. He whimpered pathetically when she tried to move away. He clearly had a long day and all he wanted was to lay with his mate in peace. His wish wasn’t granted when she bolted up suddenly. He looked over in wonder.

“MiHyun! Kira!”

After the two girls had been released (with a kick in the shin parting gift from Kira to HimChan), they slowly began to walk away.

“HyeJu…”

“I can…I can explain.”

“I don’t want to hear it,” Kira callously stated, refusing to look at HyeJu. More daggers speared HyeJu’s heart. No…she couldn’t lose her two girls too.

MiHyun smiled hopelessly while holding HyeJu’s hand, “Please understand, Unnie. We love you and we’d do anything for you. Whatever you need, we will always have your back without question. But we can’t…change our ways so quickly. We grew up as Slayers, HyeJu-unnie. Even if they trust you, they would never trust us nor us them.”

“I’ll come with you girls! We can start anew somewhere else!”

“No,” Kira denied. “Stay with your wolf. He needs you more than we do. We’re big girls now. You don’t need to baby us anymore.”

“You don’t understand!” HyeJu screamed, finally losing her temper. She felt like a child having a tantrum because her favorite toy was being taken away from her, but at that point, she didn’t care. “You’re…you’re my girls! I need you more than you need me!”

MiHyun bit her lip to stop herself from crying as Kira gripped her hand tightly, pulling her in the opposite direction.

“Please don’t-”

“So do you want this one or the other one, HimChanie-hyung~?” A cheery voice broke the silence as the Delta descended between the two girls, separating them from each other. He placed a possessive arm around MiHyun’s shoulder as the Beta plucked her partner-in-crime out of her hand.

“Wha-? Kira!”

“I have a score to settle with this one! How dare you kick the mighty werewolf, HimChan, in the shin, you naughty Slayer?!”

“Yah, YAH! MIHYUN!”

“KIRA!”

HyeJu watched in paralyzed confusion as the two werewolves effortlessly carried her two friends off like sacks of potatoes. The magnaes, JunHong and SunHwa, removed any weapons that the two girls had been carrying while HimChan and DaeHyun restrained the struggling girls. HaNa and HyoSung helped YoungJae up so he could walk using them as a crutch since his left leg seemed to be temporarily immobile. HyeJu looked back at JongUp in confusion.

“Where…are they taking MiHyun and Kira?”

“Back to our den,” JongUp answered simply with an adorable smile on his face.

“Den?”

“Yeah, so we can figure out where you guys can move.”

“What?”

“We’re going to find a place within our territory that you girls can live but still can enter human society. That is…if you want to…”

“Is that…is that really okay? You know…with those two being Slayers? I mean, they would never harm any of you guys now but does the rest of your pack really trust them?” she wondered as she watched YoungJae pointing and laughing at Kira, who responded by snapping a large branch off a passing tree and whacking him in the face with it.

“…hard to say but…they seem to be taking it rather well?”

MiHyun gasped as DaeHyun decided to take that opportunity to “adjust his grip” aka. a feel at her . Before Kira’s new “weapon” could be confiscated from her, she swung full force at the back of DaeHyun’s head.

“…uh huh…”

HimChan finally removed the branch from her grasp when he became the next victim (as he was too busy laughing at his pack’s misfortune earlier to stop his charge’s rampage).

“You sound like you don’t believe me.”

“It’s hard to believe.”

She watched in awe as HimChan accidentally hit JunHong in the face when he was removing it from Kira’s hands, earning him an earful from Kira for “hurting the poor puppy” and a scolding from MiHyun because “look at the poor thing! You hit his eye!”

“My pack will never hurt you. And I’ll always protect you. No matter what. You trust me, right…HyeJu?” His voice faltered at the end in nervous worry.

She looked over at the cautious werewolf though his excitement could not be contained by his wagging tail. This was all his fault. This monstrous beast had managed to turn her world upside down with that exact puppy dog look. If it weren’t for him, she would be safely in her office, working her normal 9-5 job with a comfortable income and coming home to make food for her two girls. Now she was homeless, jobless, and defenseless out in this unexplored territory to mankind.

“You’re the worst,” HyeJu decided to complain as she forced herself to not laugh at the absolutely devastated look on JongUp’s face. His wagging tail froze as his ear drooped while she casually walked on ahead.

Yes, this pup had completely turned her world upside down and it may possibly be the worst decision of her life.

Running back to the shattered werewolf, she grabbed his face and kissed him gently on the lips. He woke up from his shock, unable to process what exactly had just happened. When the gears in his head finally began to turn, he blushed a bright red and sputtered incoherently. HyeJu chuckled at his adorable reaction. She grabbed his hand and led him towards the direction everyone else was going.

It may possibly be the worst decision of her life, but what can she do when she has the love of a pup?

 

 

 

=====================================================================

                                                                     

OMG. THIS WAS SUCH A LONG CHAPTER. I’M SO SORRY.

ALSO HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, EOMMA.

WHY AM I STILL AWAKE?!

CRAPPY ENDINGS ARE CRAPPY.

I NEEDED FLUFF. SORRY NOT SORRY.

 

~Kira :3