28.06

28.06

"Mom,dad we're very sorry we couldn't visit you on 8th May and now it's  already June. I forgot and we were also busy at M countdown. I know you guys must be really sad. So we've  come to apologize and say 'Happy Parents Day'. Please take this flower. It's  your favorite  mom. Please don't  blame Dae. As I am the eldest I should've been more thoughtful. I apologize once again."

Yongguk and Daehyun made their prayers infront of their parents grave. 

"Yongguk hyung, I forgot about that too. You shouldn't  blame it to yourself, it's  my fault also."

Yongguk glance to Daehyun with a flat expression. 

"When I say its my fault then it will be ma fault. Got that?"

Yongguk rolls his eyes.

"You're so cold even when we're in the graveyard."

Daehyun then started counting something. "25,26,27…28! Mom, dad soon it'll  be my birthday~" He squealed. 

"Alright Dae, Let's  get back to work. You have a packed schedule. Lets go."

Yongguk sets off to the car followed by Daehyun who was busy thinking about his special day. Last year, he didn't get to celebrate it and it was really sadder because Yongguk hyung forgot about it. So before the day arrives, he plans a wish list for his birthday. 

"But hyung, can we stop to buy my favorite cheesecake???"

Daehyun starts his wish list and clinged his arm around Yongguks'. 

"We have ramen at home."

"But I've  been having that for years now. Can't we just buy maybe just one piece?? "

Yongguk starts the engine of the car, ignoring Daehyun. When he just realised his little brother ain't  going in the car.

"Aren't  you coming?" asked Yongguk annoyed.

"I'll  tell mom and dad that you're  so mean to me." 

"Dae I'll count till three if you ain't  putting your in the car, I'll  just go without  you."

Quickly Daehyun jumps in the car and puts on his seatbelt, afraid getting his hyung angry. Yongguk drives off with little Dae beside him.

"Do you have anything to say to me?"

Yongguk asks with a straight  face.

"I'm sorry and I won't do that again."

Sadly Daehyun apologies with his head looking down.

"For that, we'll be stopping at the baker's shop to buy you a cheesecake."

Daehyun looks up to his hyung happily. 

"Yongguk hyung are you serious???"

He was so excited just by hearing 'cheesecake'.

"Don't say a word I'm just filling you up since your voice is our living."

Yongguk said calmly.

"Because you care for me right hyung?"

Yongguk didn't answer, he busied himself with the steering wheel.

"I know hyung, I know~"

 

After done shopping for Daehyuns' favorite  food, they finally reached their small studio shack where they call it home. They weren't rich either poor. Onstage, Daehyun looks like he has so many luxuries things on his body, but that was thanks to the sponsors. They lived a normal life. Normal indeed.

As Daehyun continued eating his cheesecake, Yongguk was busy at his recording place. His favorite place to compose songs.  Sleeps, eat, daydream, where he does it all answers to his recording place. Busy sorting out some worksheets of songs he just wrote and composed for Daehyun to sing.

Daehyun glances to his hyung while munching his delicious cheesecake. He gave a sad sigh. Everyday, would be just the same. Yongguk hyung is always there. Dotting down, compressing his brain to create something new, something  fresh, catchy to sing-along, and most important the lyrics should be meaningful.  Not just any words that you take for nothing. Words that suit your soul, words…words… and words.

"Hyung you haven't  had your breakfast yet. Wanna have a bite?"

Daehyun offered  his precious cheesecake that he usually doesn't share with such person, but Yongguk was not just a person to Daehyun. Yongguk is special very special.

"After you're done eating, lets do a warm up for your voice. We have a comeback to do, you know."

"But hyung I asked if you wanted to have a bite of my cheesecake. Just eat a little, that'll  do. You're stomach is empty and that's not good. Breakfast  is impo-"

Daehyun stops talking as Yongguk stood up from his chair towards Daehyun and took a whole bite of Daehyuns' cheesecake that he was holding. 

"Satisfied? "

Yongguk returns to face his recording system. Daehyun smiles. He then searched for another piece of cheesecake in the box but it was empty.

"You ate it all hyung. That was the last one. I'm telling you on mom and dad about this."

He sulks.

"Dae, they aren't here. Lets just start warming up shall we."

"I just miss them hyung." Daehyun gave a long sigh.

"Do you want them to look at your sad ugly face right now? You know mom and dad won't like it Dae. You na what I'm sayin'?"

Yongguk pats Daehyuns' shoulder gently.

"Yongguk hyung, what if I died instead of mom and dad? What would you do?"

"Dae what are you blabbing about. We'll  die together  then."

Yonngguk gazes Daehyun weirdly.

"You mean, because you can't  live without  me?? "

Daehyun smiles he wants to dredge Yongguks' secret feelings.

"Lets stop talking about this."

"Hyung tell me you love me."

"No."

"Tell me you care for me."

"No."

"Then tell me you love me so much that you can't  tell me your feels directly, that you worry for me silently,  tell me you do care for what I do, tell me you-"

"Dae, how many times do I have to tell you, lets get back to work."

Daehyun failed in getting Yongguks' confession. Now his wish list would be incomplete. He sulks to Yongguk. But unfortunately  it wasn't  long when suddenly  Yongguk started counting untill three. He quickly  jumps into the recording  room. Daehyun then puts on the headphones.

"AA EE UU OO~"

He excersices his mouth. Yongguk with his hand On his mouth watching closely at Daehyun, posing like a boss secretly giggled and remained back to his calm face.

"Dae your mouth."

Yongguk realizes there was a smudge of cheesecake on Daehyuns' mouth.

"What?"

He approaches Yongguk suspiciously. When suddenly Yongguk wipes off the smudge on his mouth.

"Next time make sure you clean yourself after eating okay. Now lets start with an english song."

He smiles. "I know you care for me. I know hyung, I know." Yongguk ignored what he said. Daehyun then made an 'okay' signal to Yongguk to start practising. 

 

" If i can see it, I can do it, if I just believe  it, there's  nothing to it, I believe  I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky, I think about it every night and day, spread my wings and fly away, I believe I can soar, I see me running through that door, I believe  I can fly, I believe  I can fly…"

 

"That's okay now. Dae, practice the new song infront of you."

"With you? Bla bla bla forever with you, with you with you with you~" 

Daehyun starts getting into the beat. Yongguk concentrates for every single word from Daehyun. He takes it very seriously. This June, Daehyun will make a special  comeback and the special thing about it is that its held in Manila. Yongguk arranges everything perfectly. 

Daehyun gave his all for today's practice. He sang all 13 new songs by himself. From different high notes to another high note. From song to song. Rythem to rythem. Paper to paper he goes through.  He sang everything from A to Z. Singing it all alone and it eats alot of time.

He has to perfect his beat and inflection. If he made a mistake, then he has to go through  that song again and again and again untill he hits the right note. Yongguk corrects him. He was alot of help for Daehyun in improving his skills and voice.

Yongguk gave time for Daehyun to wind down. Daehyun coughs as his throat was hurting. Although how much it hurts, little Dae wouldn't dare to tell his hyung as he doesn't want him to be worried. He sighed as he look through the paper lyrics while drinking a bottle of mineral water to ease his sore throat. It was already four hours of practising. And there were still alot of songs to go through.

"Now lets continue,  Dae."

Daehyun wore the headphones back on and started singing the song;body & soul. Somehow Yongguk wasn't impressed. All the lyrics ran off track. Daehyun was coughing, and his tone were scattering all over the place. Worst, the highlight point where he should use his voice to reach the high notes cracked.

Yongguk who was frustrated as he helped Daehyun how to reach that note, but still his little brother didn't got it right and its been the past half hour Daehyun kept repeating and correcting his voice, Yongguk suddenly  explodes,

"Pitch it right Dae!"

Yongguk got on his feet.

"I can't my throat hurts."

Daehyun finally confesses about his pain.

"Then take it seriously! If you won't sing it then who will??"

"Hyung take five."

Daehyun pleads to take a break and gobbles up the mineral water in his mouth. He sat down on the floor exhausted. He was sweating almost the whole body as the recording room was kinda hot.

"Yah get up. I've been writing these songs for two days without sleep. So put an effort to it!"

Yongguk sharply made a death glare to his little brother who was lying on the floor exhaustion. 

"Yongguk hyung…"

"What?"

"This Saturday… it's my birthday."

Daehyun expects Yongguk to say something, maybe treat him a little more special(?)

"Does hyung look like I care?? This Saturday we're heading off to Manila for your concert. Its not going to be long so don't waste this precious time and get on to it!"

Daehyun was grieved to hear that from his own brother. 

"Get up Dae, get up!"

Without  any merciless,  Yongguk pulls Daehyun to stand up back on his feet again.

"Hyung…AAA…hyung it hurts hyung."

Yongguk finally got Daehyun up. By force, he puts the headphones back on Daehyun.

"You will get it correctly  this time,now do it again."

Daehyun almost wanted to cry when Yongguk hyung did that to him. But still the kind hearted little Daehyun did what he was told. Yongguk glances to his little brother. Now, Daehyun didn't even took a look at Yongguk. He focused on the lyrics. He focused on his pitch. Very focused  indeed.

"Good job Dae I knew you could-"

Daehyun looks away.

"I'm  going to bed."

"You okay Dae?"

Yongguk holds onto Daehyuns' arm but he flinched Yongguks' hand away.

"Dae what's  wrong?"

"Hyung you're  the one who's wrong."

"What's  with me?"

"You're  so mean. I said my throat hurts *coughs* but you still told me to go on. You're  such a bad guy hyung. The baddest heartless brother in the world!"

Daehyun explodes for the first time.

"I'm  doing what's best for you Dae!"

Yongguk also raises his voice.

"I'll  tell *coughs* mom and dad about this. For sure they'll get you this time."

"Daehyun how many times do I have to tell you that mom and dad aren't here."

"They are! They are here hyung!"

"They're  gone Dae they're dead!"

A sudden silence between the two siblings occurred. 

"How could you…"

Yongguk sighed heavily he regretted saying that. He knew he shouldn't  have said such things.

"Dae I didn't  mean to say that. I just-"

Daehyun then took a deep breath.

"For me, yongguk hyung is not just a manager either just a brother…hyung was like mom,who take cares of me and fed me in all sorts of way to make me happy instead of whining hungrily. Hyung also has dad's strictness, the way he scolds me for doing the bad things. The one who corrects me when I'm wrong,even though it hurts, its just the way how a dad teaches his son. Painfully  but with love. Mom and dad lives in you,hyung. Their souls never died. Do you think I'm  going to run to mom and dad's grave just to tell them that Yongguk hyung treats me badly? The only place I only go is to you, hyung…"

Daehyun was in tears while Yongguk was still with his straight face.

"You know I hate cheesy stuffs. Don't  be a drama queen Daehyun. I think its time for you to go to sleep."

Yongguk made his way to leave.

"I'm  going to be late so go get some sleep."

"Hyung, please don't get tired of me. After loosing mom and dad, I realise that people around me won't  be forever staying in my life. I just want you to smile at me more often. *coughs* Is that too much?"

Daehyun went straight into his room as he couldn't stand there infront of Yongguk any more.

"Daehyun."

Yongguk calls him. Daehyun replied his hyung by slamming the door of his room.

"Dae?"

Yongguk gave a knock on the door. Inside, Daehyun was hugging himself on the floor next to his bed while cuddling his favorite  teddy bear.

"Go away hyung. *coughs* Go away!"

Daehyun cries. Yongguk stopped knocking and turned the knob of the door. Luckily,Daehyun didn't actually locked his door. Yongguk pushes it a little and peeks inside. Clearly he sees Daehyun weeping on the floor while hugging his teddy bear. Yongguk looked sadly to little Dae crying. Hearing him coughing made Yongguk hurt in someway he could also feel Daehyun's pain.

He waited until Daehyun finally falls asleep. Quietly he crept inside Daehyuns' room. Yongguk places some medicine for sore throat beside Daehyuns' bed. Before leaving, Yongguk kneeled the same height of the sleeping  Daehyun.

"Sleep well, eat well, rest well, sing well…"

Yongguk slowly with care, his little brothers' hair nice and gently so that he won't wake up.

 

The next day, and the day onwards untill the very special day, Daehyun didn't talk to Yongguk. Everything became awkward between the two siblings. Even on the plane, thay sat far a distance from each other.

 

Daehyun made a great comback in Manila. There was a big ocean of Daehyuns' fans. He had to put a smile on his face for his fans. Although  he didn't want too, he just had too. His fans congratulated him and wished him a happy birthday. They even gave him presents. Daehyuns' fans sorta smoothen up his heart but somehow every wish he receives, his heart was torn apart.

Again, Yongguk made him broke. Looking at the big poster by fans, 'HAPPY BIRTHDAE OPPA~!!" makes him tear up because the very person he anticipated to make this years Daehyuns' birthday a very very special day for him is just a dream.

"Thank you Manila."

He talks through  the microphone. He bowed as the concert is in an end. Then the lights were off. Suddenly his manager came up on stage while pushing a small trolley, placed on it was a birthday cake filled with candles shining  the dark stage. As if it was planned, all the fans sang the birthday song together. Daehyun sets his eyes on the person who was bringing  the cake to him.

"Hello, I'm Daehyuns' manager aka brother."

Yongguk introduce himself after the birthday song was over.

"Today is a very special day for a very special someone. Do you know who it is?"

The fans positively shouted 'Daehyun' to Yongguks' question. 

"I am here today not as a manager but as a brother to this person over here."

Yongguk took out a piece of paper. He glances to Daehyun and continued, 

"I always forgot his birthday. Last year, I didn't  even celebrated it."

Daehyun eyes sparkles brightly as his tears started to drop so soon.

"He said I was a bad guy. The baddest heartless  brother in the world…be my witness dear daehyun stans. Today 28th June, I've  prepared  a gift for him,please listen carefully. Dear Daehyun, although  my english isn't  great, I'm  still going to forward my gift to you. Dae, I'm very worried because…because…"

Yongguk puts the paper down and grips the microphone tightly.

"Hyung is very worried because you can't  sleep well in the night as you always have practices  to do. I also know you sometimes cry because of the pressure and worries about high notes. I know you always had a very hard time with hitting high notes so I reduced some for this album. But sadly, I was the one who was giving you pressure…I tell you to sing it over and over again although  I knew your throat was in pain. My gift isn't that much. Its priceless. But hyung wants you to remember, I never were tired of you. And I love you, my little Daehyun."

Daehyun was sobbing. He couldn't  held the mic properly. All the fans were shouting, 'Do Not Cry~!Do Not Cry~!' 

"Dae?"

Yongguk approaches Daehyun and wiped his tears for him. Daehyun tries to calm himself. He still had some little weeps to himself.

"Its time to blow the candles, make a wish."

For the first time Yongguk smiles so brightly. Daehyun blows down the candles with just one blow. The fans cheered. The lights were back on. Daehyun quickly hugs Yongguk. He cries in his hyung's arm. Yongguk also had tears in his eyes.

"Yongguk hyung…thank you, thank you so much."

Both, Daehyun and Yongguks' ears turned red.

"I love you and I'll  always will ♥"