Backpack

Teen Top oneshots!

A/N: A short drabble of ChangRick! This story was written with Changjo dating scandal as the background. Hope you enjoy!


 

February 27th, 2015

Changhyun definitely wished for a way better scenario than this.
Sure, he could have been in his house instead, eating his mom's homecook meal, playing around with his brother who definitely won't mind taking a day off, just being comfortable with his family. And that, is a way better scenario than this.

He looked around the room one more time. The room he shared with Chanhee, who has left really early for Japan, again, and it makes him sigh. He turns around in his spinning chair before stopping to stare at the door, hoping someone will just walk in and congratulate him some more. But then again, he already received his cake as soon as he woke up, no one owes him anything anymore. He chuckles to himself, turning on his chair some more and have his eyes focusing back on the computer screen, the frantic sound of his mouse clicks fill the silence all over again

A few minutes later, his door creaks open.
It's Jonghyun. And he looks like all of the meaning of life has been out of him.

The dark cloud upon the maknae is nothing new to him anymore, it's nothing new to anyone around them, actually. A part of Changhyun slightly relieved to see the younger walked inside the room; Jonghyun hasn't gone out his room that much lately, unless it's really necessary. No one is mad at him, but nobody said they're not disappointed either. At least the hyung.

Not Changhyun, definitely. Changhyun thought he's the only one capable of consoling the tall, quiet boy. But he never went to Changhyun. He never went to anyone, really.

 

"Happy birthday."
"You've said already this morning."

A sharp look from Jonghyun makes him realized how harsh he sounds without him even intending to, but he flashes a smile to make it up to him. No one stands Changhyun's smile. No one stands Changhyun's innocent, adorable, cute smile.

But apparently, Jonghyun does.
He remains stoic, leaning on the bedroom's door, face filled with guilt, fear, sadness, all of the emotions Changhyun can't really tell apart one by one. And he sits there, staring at the Jonghyun, both stay completely silent.

"CHANGHYUN-AH. COME OUT AND PREPARE TO DIE!"
The noise echoes throughout the entire dorm and Changhyun jumps on his seat, surprised at the sudden intrusion. But a smile soon pops up; that was Sungjae, and he definitely won't be along. He chuckles to himself, making a mental note to thank whoever helped him in this situtation.

And Jonghyun knows he has to go.

"I'll see you later, have a g--"
"Jonghyun-ah, thanks for the backpack. How is it possible that you always know what to give to me on my birthdays?"

The younger stays still, this time looking at Changhyun with full of confusion.
"How did y-- But I haven't even given it to you...?"
"I know everything about you, Jonghyun. I always do."