Illuminate

Are You Ready or Not?

My eyes want to close. The brightness burning them from such a close distance. The light catches my attention and does not let go. It holds my heart in it's palm. It squeezes me at first, testing my endurance.

When the light becomes too strong, I start to cry. The light seems to hear me and opens it's palm. A smile reaches my eyes first. A smile, so bright. It hurt. But not in the way the sun burns your skin. But in the way you feel the waves at your toes. So much joy in your heart at the feeling.

I wrap a hand around one of it's fingers. A tinkling sound leaves it's form as I lay back into it's warmth. From their I can see five drops roll down it's cheeks.

The first one that falls shines with a yellow glow. The second that falls has an orange glow. The third that falls changes with a pink glow. The third that falls has an orange glow. Before the fifth tear falls from it's cheek, it moves me. 

The light lets me sit in his palm still but underneath his chin. Slowly I watch as the last tear creeps down. Only to land right on my head. Scattered lights shinning green cover my form. The light looks down at me, a smile gracing it's features. It motions it's head downwards, an expectant gaze landing on me. 

I look down, only to find my gaze on four boys that sit upon the light's feet. Each glowing, shinning, within it's own color. 

I can see their mouths moving but there is no sound. I can only hear one single phrase, a single chant.

"Come down with us! Follow us here and lead our way!"

I look up into lights eyes but it offers no explanation. It just leans foward and places me on the patch of grass next to its feet.

Only then do I see the shine. 

The shine of all five of us together.

As One.