Darkness

Are You Ready or Not?

"I'm sorry sir." 

Minho buries his head in his arms

"There's nothing else we could do. I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Minho lifts his gaze "Sorry isn't going to bring back his life, is it?"

A sigh escapes the form beside him "Minho, I'm not mute nor deaf. You can stop thinking I can't do anything by myself."

"I'm sorry for his attitude, he's had a rough night." 

When Minho looks up at his lover, his eyes are already narrowed and daring. "Minho, what do we say to the nice doctor?" His lover watches him, a brow raised. So he has no other choice but to listen.

At least for his heart, he'd listen. "Yeah, okay." He turns to the doctor a tight smile gracing his features "Thanks."

The doctor just gives a curt nod and hands him a folder full of papers that explain the Jinki's accident. Without a word he leaves and Minho takes Jinki's hand into his own. "Did you call Jjong yet?" Minho can feel his grip tighten on his lovers hand. 

"Well, aren't you going to-"

His hand releases Minho's and it's only then that the younger realizes that their standing in front of his apartment. Vaguely he remembers grabbing his lover in his arms and dragging him away from the hospital. When he looks at his empty hand, only then does he realize that his lover's been taken from him.

His mouth opens to argue but hands wrap around his waist. Soft and delicate. A girl. Her face nuzzles into the small of his back. Still, his eyes can't leave his lover's form.The form that is being enveloped by the second oldest of their group. Jonghyun. He can hear the tinkling laughter that leaves his lover's lips. His head buried in the nape of Jonghyun's neck. As if sensing the youngers worry, Jinki removes himself from Jonghyun's grip. 

The oldest walks over to Minho. Not a single movement of hesitation in his steps. He ruffles the girls hair and gives Minho a heart shattering smile. 

All Minho can do, is wonder. Wonder how his lover can be so brave. So strong. Wonder how his lover isn't afraid of the darkness that openly welcomed him. The darkness that now is apart of him, yet has left him hindered.

How can he be brave enough not to get lost within his own darkness?